League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Game Modes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1469914)

ParanoiÐ 11-11-2011 06:28 AM

New Game Modes

League of Legends will soon lose much of its player-base, not only because of newer games in the same genre, but because the game is becoming too repetitive for experienced players.**

In order to keep older players and even to recruit new ones, I have a couple suggestions for changes to the game: New game modes (Adding new champs just isn't as exciting as it should be anymore)

1. The first is the easiest to implement: Death Match Mode (Obviously the name is Riot's decision)

~ This is similar to standard Summoner's Rift, the only difference is that when a champion dies it respawns as a different champion. This can work as random or as choice pick.

2. The second is much more complicated, but way more interesting: OMG Mode (Again, the name is for Riot to decide on)

~ To put it simply, everyone picks a champion like normal, then when in the game (maybe a 3-5min period prior to game start and it's up to Riot whether players get to pick their skills or they are completely randomed) champions have their respective passives, but all other skills are randomed/picked.

~ Example: A summoner chose Twitch. His passive would be normal. Q skill: Parrrley ... W skill: Vicious Strikes ... E skill: Two-Shiv Poison ... Ultimate: On The Hunt

There are lots of questions to how these modes would work is specific situations. I have solutions for most questions/problems your might have with these.

If you want to know more or (Riot) are seriously interested in implementing either of these modes, please e-mail me tindell.chris@yahoo.com

**This was not a question and is not up for debate or argument. Do not bother posting your feelings about this.

iPoopPerfection 11-11-2011 07:44 AM

I concur with the above suggestions. As much fun as LoL is, it was based on other games (mostly DotA of course) and is subject to losing a portion of it's player base to either DotA 2 or a loss of interest. (It does get kind of repetitive, especially when playing solo.) The above modes were a part of DotA, but could easily be implied into this game to keep the content fresh and exciting, and it just sounds pretty bad ass to be able to mix up and compile your own set of skills. Me gusta.

MekansS 11-11-2011 08:02 AM

Dota BYS?
Be original not a guy that says that has an original idea.

Leib Olmai 11-11-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoiÐ (Hozzászólás 17091431)
League of Legends will soon lose much of its player-base, not only because of newer games in the same genre, but because the game is becoming too repetitive for experienced players.**

**This was not a question and is not up for debate or argument. Do not bother posting your feelings about this.

You just lost all credibility here.
Just lol.. seriously that's just so lame.
No, League of Legends won't lose much of it's player-base soon.

And you want them to take most of their time developping non-serious mode, that won't be competitive... This is not a FPS or an arcade game.

They have way better thing to do than any suggestion you've done.The game isn't balanced around that and will never be.

So the chance they do that... none. And it's better that way. Since they won't lose their playerbase because just focus on more important stuff than some random and useless mode.

Vichoko 11-11-2011 07:49 PM

Wow i suggested this too, im fully agree.
I dont think that this new game modes will screw the "serious" game, it's a decision of each player to play whatever they want.
More customizable games, more fun.

Sometimes its fun to play something different, i really like to play ARAM (all random, all mid) sometimes because is possible to do.