League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are Video Games Real Life? I say YES. Read why. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=146189)

SpaceKadetZim 06-25-2010 06:09 PM

Are Video Games Real Life? I say YES. Read why.

First let's clear one thing up. I do not believe they ARE life. I just believe that video games are a part of life. Clarification: everything you do from BIRTH is life. If you go to school that's life. If you go to work that too is life. If you sit at a computer THAT is life. The time you spend doing the afore mentioned things you can never get back. ERGO when some noob joins a game and begins to feed, doesn't help, or generally sucks all 'round it is during your REAL LIFE that those things occur. Even if they have no further impact or consequences on your life than wasting 30 minutes or so of your LIFE.
I believe that therefore it is acceptable to become agitated or even "RAGE" as so many Qool Qids say. The noob excuse that video games are not "real" is therefore erroneous and needs to be addressed. Some way to coral the terrible players and remove them from general play populace needs to be enacted. I suggest a vote system or some other method of taking a census of the players that consider videogames a part of life and as "real" as driving a car or eating breakfast. Because let's face it real life is ANYTHING you do while alive and who wants to spend their lives with inept and incompetent people ruining the fun?

The Tyrant 06-25-2010 06:14 PM

Well, who you are online/online gaming is usually pretty similar to how you are in real life...well, at least somewhat...

Athear 06-25-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tyrant (Hozzászólás 1713470)
Well, who you are online/online gaming is usually pretty similar to how you are in real life...well, at least somewhat...

Except when it comes to internet tough guys.

iSarge 06-25-2010 06:15 PM

you day two words lots:
Noob
Life

Therefore, when i add some words in:
You are a NOOB who has no LIFE.

5thdog 06-25-2010 06:15 PM

video games > RL

The Tyrant 06-25-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athear (Hozzászólás 1713481)
Except when it comes to internet tough guys.

hmm...true...well..it either means they are wimps IRL. or complete ****** bags...so either way its a loss?...

Miserable Failure_ 06-25-2010 06:21 PM

I often murder people in real life as well.

SpaceKadetZim 06-25-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew kutches (Hozzászólás 1713486)
video games > RL

Andrew... I just got done explaining how video games ARE real life how can they be greater or less than?

The correct equation is "RL = Video games"

5thdog 06-25-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceKadetZim (Hozzászólás 1713549)
Andrew... I just got done explaining how video games ARE real life how can they be greater or less than?

The correct equation is "RL = Video games"

but when you're playing video games, there is no real life. you can do as you please.

Miserable Failure_ 06-25-2010 06:26 PM

Video games are a part of real life.

No one is denying it.

You are how ever wasting your life if you spend it winning or losing your game.