League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Good dom champs? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1455275)

Hobothesis 11-06-2011 05:39 PM

Good dom champs?

Are there any good dom champs? I don't wanna pick a worthless dom champ and end up gimping my team. I want to do some dominion matches to get comfortable against real players before I hit up SR and wondering if any of your answers are some of the champs I currently own. Thanks.

Also, would dom or SR give faster IP? I'm getting kinda close to 20 and I want to get a full runepage once I get there and I'm only 1-4 in SR so far =(

Oldyoung 11-06-2011 05:42 PM

this thread is now about rammus ok?

but seriously dom and sr are VERY different

Blackfire447 11-06-2011 05:44 PM

I find dom gives slightly more IP than SR, unless you are able to finish all your SR games in under 30minutes...Which is unlikely

Good dom champs are:
-Akali
-Talon
-Poppy
These three I find to be the best, if you notice they all have insane burst...assassins dominate on dom..

And of course your hard carries do great as well:
-AD Sion
-Jax
-Vayne
-Kog

Hobothesis 11-06-2011 05:44 PM

yea I know they are different, really fast play style and you don't lane in Dom, different items and different builds. I'm just reallly worried about people nagging me in SR I want to do some dom to get the worry out of my system.

Ok.

Oldyoung 11-06-2011 05:46 PM

dom gives more ip per hours sr more ip per game

Principality 11-06-2011 05:48 PM

Pantheon's pretty okay on Dom.

ColossusCrusher 11-06-2011 05:53 PM

Because this joke has to be made by someone:

Eve's great in dom. She likes it when they scream. :D

In all seriousness though, apparently Eve is pretty good at ninjaing points away from the enemy team.

Fireryda 11-06-2011 07:56 PM

anybody not mundo (and probably some others)

Tenant 11-06-2011 08:35 PM

I'll tell you right now that practically the whole cast is viable on Dominion.

Chances are, if you're thinking of any champion to play, they'll probably work on Dominion.

Killfear 11-06-2011 08:46 PM

TLDR: Karthas, akali, jax, irelia, olaf are **** good champs that play well in DOM, TT, and SR. If you want to make a smooth transition, get good with those.
For DOM specifically, though, all the stealth champs and rammus are great at backdooring as well s skirmishing... but they don't necessarily translate over universally into TT or SR.

The rest here is me just carrying on....

The thing about Dom is that death has no real consequences... you respawn pretty **** fast, and it's worth dying if it delays the enemy from capturing points (assuming your team is ahead)
SR is much more punishing for dying, and requires much more patience in strategy, and the lanes jungle support are defined roles that don't really translate into Dom.

Just my .02; get used to Dom..
it IS good for teaching combat threshholds, button combos, when to gauge a win or a lost fight... so it's good combat training for sure (if you aren't playing a backdoor champ that doesn't focus on fighting)

From there i'd suggest go into Twisted Treelines... this is 3 v 3, so will feel a lot like Dom skirmishes, but has the weak start and some laning, and introduces turrets as a linear goal like in SR.... but it's much more focused. so if you get good with those 5 camps in TLDR, you will be able to do well in Dom and TT.

Once yuo get a bead on teamwork towards a linear goal, and have a feel for the flow of TT, you have a fair chance of being useful to your team in SR as well... you should have the skills to not embarrass yourself or be a liability.

take what you want, flame the rest. :p