League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lag issues (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14533)

Aralock 09-28-2009 07:16 AM

Lag issues

i dunno what happened since the last downtime (the one w/o new patches, was a server fix i think), but my latency has increased way too much. normaly my latency has its peak at 105ms, now sometimes it even gets up to 600. im unable to play since then as it takes almost a second till my champ even starts moving.
I asked other ppl about that issue and some r having the same problem. thats rly annoying especially when ur playing against ashe or blitz and need to get our of the way so their spells doesnt hit u.
pls try to fix that, or if anyone has the same issue and fixed it pls post it to share with the community.
thx

Collypso 09-28-2009 07:30 AM

Lag in multiplayer games is so easy to fix it's a wonder why every single multiplayer game ever made has troubles with it.

Jesse Perring 09-28-2009 09:18 AM

It's a good idea to update your network drivers.
Could I also ask you to post your dxdiag? Instructions

Some players experiencing latency spikes have noticed changes if they try switching network cards. If you have two separate network cards you may want to give the other one a try.

Thanks for reporting.

BB-259

Aralock 09-28-2009 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
im pretty sure its not my network card, that computer isnt what i would call new but i has only 3 months "lifetime", what i wanna say is, sure if it was a 2 year old computer i could say maybe it is my network card, or if it was a 1 week old computer, because i dont rly know if all pieces of hardware are actually working fine. All other games, programs or whatever uses internet works fine. i tested it on speedtest and saw that my latency, when tested with a server on the west coast, is 130ms.
also i think that this issue might be a server problem, as it only started after the patch that worked on the servers. maybe u guys moved it and thats why my latency increased? i dont know what happened i can only guess, but after shutting down all aplications that uses my bandwidth, even msn, the lag still continued.
another issue im having is that "retrieving server info" bug, maybe it has something to do with that?
anyway, i know how to post my dxdiag but i didnt thought it would be necessary, as im sure it isnt my computers fault, but if u guys think it might be i will post it now.
i also would like to say that i know about a few bugs my graphics card has, but i got it under control, and i dont think it would influence my internet connection anyway.

thx for the fast answer as always and i hope this get fixed very soon.

Edit: i updated the driver and the lag issue continues, as i dont have another card im unable to change it to see if the lag changes

Aralock 09-28-2009 02:52 PM

i just found sort of proof that this is a server problem:
while trying to show my friends how to see the ping of a website i got the idea:
why not ping the league of legends website and then compare it to the ping of another server on the west coast?
so those r the results:
www.yahoo.com : 200ms (ping) : test
www.leagueoflegends.com : 500ms (ping) : obviously why :D
www.spawnpoint.com : 230ms (ping) : westcoast server
pvp.net : 200ms (ping) : dunno why i did this, but i thought this would be good to test, it also showed that pvp.net and the actual map server rnt the same, so probably the problem is just the map server

then i did a series of other tests with servers near me and they all had between 20 and 40 ms.
i think that shows very clear that the problem is server sided.
hope that helps u Devs with the bugs
thx for all the work u guys r doing