League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Vayne Sona and Poppy, (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1445999)

Wiseman Silo 11-04-2011 07:38 AM

Vayne Sona and Poppy,

A lot of people keep grouping them up with the REAL demacians.

Xin
Jarvan
Galio
Garen
Shyvana
Lux

THOSE are the only demacians. Sona is from Ionia and only lives in Demacia and from the looks of her lore doesnt spend much time there. Vayne has no assosiation with the city state other then living there.

Poppy is an AMBASSADOR so by her very nature isn't demacian she's from bandle city like most other w/e the heck she is.

Its the difference bettween Representing the city state and just living there.

Blitzcrank
Janna
Twisted Fate

All 3 from Zuan but none represent it. Its the same thing.

Pikeh 11-04-2011 08:49 AM

Wasn't xin a noxian gladiator?

freAK47 11-04-2011 08:54 AM

yes but he was excepted into demacia because he took an arrow for their king when he didnt need to.

and twisted fate isnt from zaun, hes from demacia. im not sure who he fights for.

Summoner Abyss 11-04-2011 09:48 AM

Vayne even though she travels around she still a demancain citizen.

TheNarvalOfDeath 11-04-2011 09:56 AM

Vayne is a demacian noble as far as i know.
But she isnt well recieved there because of his way of handling "justice" which is not really demacian (you know, going around in the dark killing evil beasts without the spinning and stuff)

Wiseman Silo 11-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summoner Abyss (Hozzászólás 16817641)
Vayne even though she travels around she still a demancain citizen.

Thats the point i'm trying to make. Citizen and City-State Rep are two different things

Like I said with Zuan a lot of people come from or hang around Zuan but only mundo, singed and WW fight for Zuan.

Look at Noxus too Their City state reps are
Cassiopia
Katarina
Swain (Debatable)
Talon
Urgot
Riven (Debatable)
Sion

BUT these guys all just LIVE there.
Mordekaiser
Leblanc (Works with Swain not Noxus)
Vladamir (Vlad only joined to kill it says it in his spotlight I really don't think it matters that he was selected to fight for Noxus in the Noxus vs Ionia battle so was Rammus and he definitly is neutral)
Morgana (Apparently lives in Noxus but works in Zuan gotta be an awful commute)

Out of the three Poppy, Vayne, and Sona. Poppy is the closest to being an actual Demacian rep but she's still shown in more Bandle City storyline art then Demacian. AND an Ambassador usually isn't from the place she's being diplomatic to.

Vayne is just a vigilante something i'd have to assume is actually against the law in demacia regardless she is not a representative of Demacia she just lives there.

Sona dispite being from Ionia and living in Demacia would probably be more loyal to Noxus only because her band Pentakill seems to mostly hang around Noxus and i'd assume it's her primary fanbase. Still she's definitly Neutral.

1Eredale 11-04-2011 01:03 PM

I say this is discrimination towards immigrants, xenophobia or some****. Why not just let it go and feel ok when someone says Sona or Poppy is Demacian?

Valkyrea 11-04-2011 02:28 PM

Vayne was born in Demacia , this makes her demacian in my books

Wiseman Silo 11-06-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSleepingDragonx (Hozzászólás 16829920)
Vayne was born in Demacia , this makes her demacian in my books

I'm not talking about being born demacian. I'm talking about being afiliated with the military.

When someone says "The Demacians" They are 99% talking about the City-State Representatives. Vayne, Sona, and Poppy get pulled into being thought of as reps because of their affiliation with Demacia BUT they are only residents.

Blitzcrank is technicly from Zuan but is clearly not affiliated with them.

AugustoTDR 11-06-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo (Hozzászólás 16923766)
I'm not talking about being born demacian. I'm talking about being afiliated with the military.

When someone says "The Demacians" They are 99% talking about the City-State Representatives. Vayne, Sona, and Poppy get pulled into being thought of as reps because of their affiliation with Demacia BUT they are only residents.

Blitzcrank is technicly from Zuan but is clearly not affiliated with them.

So for example, Dr. Mundo doesn't represent Zaun given he's not affiliated with their military corps?