League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 18

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   @Riot - Stop hiding (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1431178)

Chips and Tea 10-31-2011 05:44 PM

@Riot - Stop hiding

You know you guys messed up BIG time, with the whole WCG debacle. The answer to this problem should be very simple, and yet you all continue to censor, ban people, and refuse to provide a proper response. No one will stop until you give us what we want, and here are our demands.

1.) Fire MattMarcou. He doesn't know half the stuff he's doing, and pulling random rules out from no where.
2.) Give CDE the right to compete and fly them to Korea. They rightfully won their place in the tournament.
3.) UNBAN REGINALD. He did what should have been done. With that video, he revealed the truth, and gave us the information we needed to form a proper opinion on the situation. By banning him, you have made him a martyr. Give him some compensation, or at least a formal apology.
4.) UNBAN EVERYONE ELSE. They speak the same words I do, so unban them. Silencing the individuals will only enrage the community further. You are not helping yourself, or anyone for that matter. You are simply making yourselves look like cowards, and until you correct these issues, I will view you as such.

@Phreak - You said in an earlier post that threads were being moved etc because their content were competition based. Which is basically an obvious "We don't want to deal with it so we're going to move it and gtfo". This thread is up for general discussion. This thread is for Riot to see.

If you agree with me, and these demands, /sign below. We need to get our points across, and let them know we will not be silenced.

/signed

Chips and Tea 10-31-2011 05:47 PM

bump, lost in the waves of cries for a remodel for shyvana and wcg complaints

Geistwasser 10-31-2011 05:52 PM

Seriously what a load of BS. The whole tournament doesn't mean squat now. It is more upsetting than the last dreamhack when WestRice D/C for 6 minutes and Riot counted that game.

NetherVoids 10-31-2011 05:52 PM

what part of the code did they violate?
Riot follows summoner's code so strictly but not tournament rules?

Templar88 10-31-2011 05:53 PM

/sign

Sexi Thang 10-31-2011 05:56 PM

totally agreed, totally unfair, total bs

Mirror Intent 10-31-2011 05:57 PM

I am fairly certain the fault lays more with WCG and Dignitas than Marcou. Yea, he made a mistake by letting this happen, but in the end, it was initiated by the other two parties.
When given faulty information, one can only make faulty decisions.

NBG SoBe 10-31-2011 05:58 PM

Well lets see, Matt Marcou isn't going to be fired, I highly doubt it. I agree with the idea of CDE being able to go to WCG grand finals in Korea, letting Dignitias go even though one of their players clearly violated rules is a slap in the face to every other team that followed the rules as they were written. Matt and WCG can say that "well the rules are different from the ones posted on the website" Well guess what? The rules on the website are what everyone saw and what everyone agreed to by signing up for the tournament and participating in it. Jatt knew that once he tried to play in the canadian qualifier, he could no longer be a part of the US qualifier.

I totall agree with unbanning Reginald and everyone else on the forums. I think just flat out silencing people who don't agree with your assessment of the situation is not just terrible PR on Riots part, but it only exasperates the problem in the eyes of the community. This is the third MAJOR tournament that has had serious confusion and a lack of control from Riot, and the people running the tournament. Need to get this **** together, otherwise whats the point of trying to continue pushing E-Sports if they can't be run properly.

Dysected 10-31-2011 06:02 PM

on the road to 9000 upvotes

BeeboXD 10-31-2011 06:04 PM

agreed