League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Suggestion] Shop UI - Recommended Items / FAVOURITE Items (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=143102)

M0D3Rn 06-22-2010 06:29 PM

[Suggestion] Shop UI - Recommended Items / FAVOURITE Items

I have seen similar suggestions to mine, but from the overwhelming response I got from my gaming community brother when talking about this the other day, I figure I'd post it here.

Make it so that in the shop UI, you can change the 'Recommended Items' tab, into a 'Favourite Items' tab - so that people can set the items they feel are best to their Champion can be arranged, in build order, ready for the game to play out.

The strengths of this are:

'Recommended Items' will still exist for the newer players who find it useful.

'Favourite Items' can be arranged in build order so that the more hardcore or experienced players can be prepared for their gaming experience, working through the items they find synergise best with their:

a) Playstyle

b) Masteries

c) Runeslots

d) Situation

I mention situation because I feel it would be an exceptional boost if we could have multiple favourite tabs, easily manageable with a numbered clicker beside the Item Rack where it exists now, that could be rotated to items that are required. Facing a heavy CC / Magic team on your favourite tank? Fave Items row 2 has Mercury Treads and Spirit Visage ready. Going up against Tryndamere, Akali, Yi, Sion and Jax? Fave items row 1 has Ninja Tabi and Thornmail good to go.

Managing the Favourite tabs I feel would be best added to the 'Out-of-game' launcher, simply because editing Favourite tabs in-battle would be detrimental to the game, where people sit at the fountain for 5-10 minutes at the start of the game setting up their latest ingenius build.

I imagine that you would navigate from your Summoner screen to the Champion library, selecting the champion that you wish to view, "More Info" and under their abilities, backstory, and skins, there would be a new 'Items' section, that shows their recommended items (With a short explanation on why the Riot team recommends this item for people to better understand) and then....favourite tab management!

What does everyone think?

Naexus 06-22-2010 06:35 PM

Seen a few similar posts but this one is far more specific and identifies current issues with the in place "recommended items" list and puts forward suggestions on how to improve it.

approved

M0D3Rn 06-22-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naexus (Hozzászólás 1673939)
Seen a few similar posts but this one is far more specific and identifies current issues with the in place "recommended items" list and puts forward suggestions on how to improve it.

approved

Thanks so much!

Stumpey 06-23-2010 06:18 AM

this is totally needed, i hardly ever look at the recommended items anymore, if i could set them up myself that would be awsome and make things sooo much quicker.

Kurr 06-23-2010 06:19 AM

Sounds reasonable, I like it!

hola kitty 06-23-2010 10:21 AM

AGREED

I mean, maybe if RIOT could alter recommended items not just only from champion selected but what your rune page looks like, but it would prob save them a bunch of time if they put something like this in place.

M0D3Rn 06-23-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hola kitty (Hozzászólás 1681349)
AGREED

I mean, maybe if RIOT could alter recommended items not just only from champion selected but what your rune page looks like, but it would prob save them a bunch of time if they put something like this in place.

Yeah, One place that League of Legends completely outshines other "similar games" is the customisation you can do "behind-the-scenes' to give yourself an edge.

This is just another facet of that freedom!

M0D3Rn 06-24-2010 08:58 AM

Sure is quiet in here. :(

Elethier 06-24-2010 09:59 AM

This sounds like a good idea, especially since I find that I greatly disagree with some of the recommended item lists for some champs. For example, the recommended for Kassadin is melee DPS, while I play him AP. Twisted Fate's recommended list has no AP, and I find a hybrid attack speed/AP build works best.

For champs like that, the recommended list is useless once you know how to play them. I have to do a lot of clicking and waste some extra time in the fountain to find the items I need.

Majestical 06-24-2010 08:46 PM

Tots agree on Favourite pre-settings.