League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Warmogs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1412962)

Glasse 10-27-2011 07:33 AM

Warmogs

Anyone else agrees that the fact that everyone goes warmogs+atmas is annoying?

frumper 10-27-2011 07:52 AM

I don't see this often, frozen mallet+atmas is more common and more effective imo.

Rickert 10-27-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumper (Hozzászólás 16443949)
I don't see this often, frozen mallet+atmas is more common and more effective imo.

Warmog gives you double health bonus compare to frozen mallet (1370 vs 700), also health regen. In Dominion, you get 45 HP and 1.5 HP/5 per kill or assist. Good on tanky dps.

frumper 10-27-2011 08:03 AM

Rickert you're ignoring the dominion healing nerf and compairing a fulling stacked warmogs to atmas. I'd rather have the slow than the regen for dominion, in fact I feel like a slow is required.

Warmogs is just not an effective item on dominion, I have a low opinion of it on SR too, but that's a discussion for a different day (or forum).

FDru 10-27-2011 08:22 AM

I play a lot of Warwick so let's just say I love it when tanky derps rush Warmog's.

Rickert 10-27-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumper (Hozzászólás 16444311)
Rickert you're ignoring the dominion healing nerf and compairing a fulling stacked warmogs to atmas. I'd rather have the slow than the regen for dominion, in fact I feel like a slow is required.

Warmogs is just not an effective item on dominion, I have a low opinion of it on SR too, but that's a discussion for a different day (or forum).

But you're ignoring the health bonus. It's double the amount of frozen mallet. It's not just regens. In Dominon, around the mark 10 - 15 min, I usually max out warmog stats.

frumper 10-27-2011 08:48 AM

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm ignoring it. Warmog's is commonly referred to as the worst cost/benefit item in the game, add in the dominion nerf to healing and I just don't know what else to say other than try building differently and see if your results don't improve.

Elealar 10-27-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumper (Hozzászólás 16445687)
I'm not sure what makes you think I'm ignoring it. Warmog's is commonly referred to as the worst cost/benefit item in the game, add in the dominion nerf to healing and I just don't know what else to say other than try building differently and see if your results don't improve.

It's actually one of the best. It gives you completely absurd amounts of survivability, to the tune of giving you more survivability against physical attacks than Thornmail while also giving you massive survivability against magic damage. Its problem has always been that it doesn't do anything but make you tanky (most tank items have effects that make enemies less efficient around you or hurt them one way or another), but if your goal is to get tanky there's nothing better than Warmog. Indeed, many physical DPS and Mages should consider it as their only survivability item, and tanky people who have nothing else to worry about should invariably consider it to get tanky fast.

Obviously its weakness is percentile attacks but you build resistances for those and Warmog's protects you from everything else (which, I dare suggest, is still the majority of attacks you'll face in any given game).

Albert Dakkar 10-27-2011 09:12 AM

Atmogs is still really good on Gangplank in Dominion.

Putzfrau 10-27-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumper (Hozzászólás 16445687)

it used to be the worst... until they buffed it and nerfed its cost... like a lot of months ago....