League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Left Vs Right. What side of the map wins? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1398391)

Nomic 10-23-2011 07:18 AM

Left Vs Right. What side of the map wins?

I've been noticing a bit of a trend, and I was wondering if anyone else seems to have the same phenomenon happen to them.

If you combine all of my losses, I swear to god the vast majority of them happen when I'm on the right (----->) side of the map.

Anyone else have this happen?

I remember a thread awhile back about a guy *****ing that one sides minions were stronger than the other side...but if I remember correctly, it was debunked.

Any ideas why this might happen?

__________________________________________________ __

EDIT: A well constructed, genuine post, with real questions, and it gets down voted. This is why I never post in the forums :/

Elealar 10-23-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomic (Hozzászólás 16263193)
I've been noticing a bit of a trend, and I was wondering if anyone else seems to have the same phenomenon happen to them.

If you combine all of my losses, I swear to god the vast majority of them happen when I'm on the right (----->) side of the map.

Anyone else have this happen?

I remember a thread awhile back about a guy *****ing that one sides minions were stronger than the other side...but if I remember correctly, it was debunked.

Any ideas why this might happen?

*shrug* Other maps tend to place the lower rated team on one side; may be that or may be observational bias. I've never noticed any such stuff but I can't say I've paid too much attention either.

Nomic 10-23-2011 07:25 AM

I was figuring it's probably observational bias, but was hoping someone else knew for sure.

Any idea which side will win without player intervention?

DCode 10-23-2011 07:39 AM

I feel left side wins more often. Thats about it.
Its just a feel though.

Saint1y 10-23-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomic (Hozzászólás 16263193)

There was a difference in minions bot lane in SR (or was, not sure if that's changed).

I personally haven't noticed any noticeable difference in win rate dependent on the side.

Elealar 10-23-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomic (Hozzászólás 16263323)
I was figuring it's probably observational bias, but was hoping someone else knew for sure.

Any idea which side will win without player intervention?

...what? No side will win without player intervention; every game has 10 players and 5 capture points that won't do jack **** unless a player touches them. That's why the players are players, not observers. They play the game.

Nomic 10-23-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elealar (Hozzászólás 16263994)
...what? No side will win without player intervention; every game has 10 players and 5 capture points that won't do jack **** unless a player touches them. That's why the players are players, not observers. They play the game.

Creeps attacking a point will cap that point. I was asking what side will win if no players are playing, and you just let the creeps cap the points.

altairian 10-23-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomic (Hozzászólás 16264220)
Creeps attacking a point will cap that point. I was asking what side will win if no players are playing, and you just let the creeps cap the points.

There are no minions if no points are captured. The minions only spawn between points that are held by opposing sides.

iProbie 10-23-2011 08:17 AM

well, minions from the team with lower nexus hp will be stronger than the minions of the other team
this process will switch between the teams' minions as the nexus hp of both teams vary

assuming the players cap only the drill, refinery, quarry and boneyard ONCE while leaving the windmill untouched, I have no idea which minions will outpush the others

Nomic 10-23-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altairian (Hozzászólás 16264398)
There are no minions if no points are captured. The minions only spawn between points that are held by opposing sides.

Ohhh, my bad.

"assuming the players cap only the drill, refinery, quarry and boneyard ONCE while leaving the windmill untouched, I have no idea which minions will outpush the others "

This is what I mean though, thanks iProbie.