League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who hard counters nasus in lane? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1373782)

GreenThunda 10-17-2011 09:55 AM

Who hard counters nasus in lane?

A lot? Like enough to keep him from farming his Q? I was thinking Yorick but I'm watching SYDTKO and I didn't realize nasus can SS on ghouls...

any ideas? Solo top Udyr?

CaliOGkush 10-17-2011 10:02 AM

harrass his ass off away from the creeps is the only thing you can do. Id pick teemo or something. the blind and harrass + risk of shrooms, runfast if ya get his by his W

Revanence 10-17-2011 10:06 AM

When I play a healer or even a tank like alistar that has a healing spell I'll heal when Nasus goes up for the creep kill. It works well against Nasus, but for other assassin like characters you might have more of a problem because they can just attack again quickly for a kill, though it can still cause them a little grief.

atsmith893 10-17-2011 10:11 AM

I play nasus quite a bit and people with big burst and hard cc give me the most trouble. Range/Gap closer really help them do their job.

GreenThunda 10-17-2011 10:16 AM

So teemos good?

@atmith893, any specific examples?

venerable victus 10-17-2011 10:18 AM

garen rapes the **** out of nasus.

no mana means he can keep spamming decisive strike/spin when it's up, and has pretty good regen from his passive. spin should also break wither i believe. can zone nasus from his infamous bushes, too.

Hyfe 10-17-2011 11:28 AM

Champs that can absolutely demolish Nasus in the lane if played properly:

Akali
Cass
GP
Garen
Kennen
Panth
Ren
Rumble
Ryze
Soraka
Swain
Vlad
Zil
literally every ranged DPS (especially Cait, Corki, Ez, Kog, Teemo, Vayne)

TLDR: All ranged carries, most casters, most energy champs, the hyper-aggressive bruisers (Garen, Ren, etc). The only champs that don't actually beat Nasus in lane are other champs that want to passively farm (Galio, Irelia, etc).

GreenThunda 10-17-2011 11:49 AM

Thanks a bunch guys :) I was graced by Hyfes presence :))

So pro So Famous 10-17-2011 01:07 PM

Renekton kill nasus easy

Aussie Smegger 10-17-2011 08:17 PM

I find a major error in your post Hyfe.

1. Garen? In a flat out 1v1 contrary to your belief, Nasus actually wins. I've played enough Nasus to realise that Nasus can shake off Garen's abilities while smashing him with his E,Q,R,Q combo. Garen has sustain which means it's not much use to poke Garen with Nasus's Q or E. No, that's what a bad Nasus does. What a good Nasus would do against Garen is simply farm his Q under or close to the turret and then annihilate Garen late game. Garen is an early game annoyance but mid to late game he get's destroyed by anyone else adopting Garen's 'Tanky DPS' strategy which is exactly the way Nasus should be played.

2. Soraka? Really? What's she going to do? Starcall Nasus to death?

3. Renekton? These two champions are pretty similiar (they are 'brothers' don't forget) - it's mainly going to come down to player skill.

4. Pantheon? Harasses incredibly well, but so long as Nasus has a bit of armor and has their regrowth pendent or philosophers stone and isn't overextending, Pantheon shouldn't be a problem. Mid to Late game Nasus will be tanking Pantheon's burst and then out dps'ing him. It's the same story as with Garen.

5. Brand, Zilean, Vlad, Swain... etc... WHAT'S THIS? BREAKING THE META? HOW DARE YOU.