League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   What champ ensures a loss in your experience ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1366140)

Reynmaker 10-15-2011 09:57 AM

What champ ensures a loss in your experience ?

Now that we've all had a chance to play a decent amount of games and rack up some champ exp. Personal patterns have begun to take form, Some of us can't win a game for nothing, Some of us can't lose :) My bag is decidedly mixed.

But....for you, who is that champ/those champs, that you always seem to find yourself losing alongside ? I think I've won one alongside a Ryze once ( a great one if I remember correctly) but I barely see any good Ryzes in Dom. Olaf however, is my bane. Can't win a game with an Olaf. Last night I had a Ryze and an Olaf, who for some reason, took issue with a guy picking Yorick in champ select. I chuckled as I locked in Kog, and prepared for some pain.

And there was such pain to be had.

Cherokeepimp 10-15-2011 10:03 AM

Heimdinger. Because he usually only stays at bottom. You're better off with a character that can cover bottom, but can help out other places and not constantly push bottom and bottom only.

Plus I find most heimers can't actually cap, they can keep the person pinned to the turret, but fail to actually be able to cap.

Wolfalisk 10-15-2011 10:08 AM

I play with someone who mains Olaf, and if you think he is a bad champion in Dominion, it's strictly the players that make him a bad pick. Trust me, A tanky DPS who can make even a Singed run away with his true damage output, has a place in Dominion.

As a player of Garen in Dominion, I must say that when I use him I don't perform very well. Garen is just sub-par in every way in Dominion. I can't quite put my finger on why this is, but maybe it has something to do with the fleeting early game in Dominion. The early game lasts a lot longer in Classic, and it's where Garen really shines.

Mihlo 10-15-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp (Hozzászólás 15897139)
Heimdinger. Because he usually only stays at bottom. You're better off with a character that can cover bottom, but can help out other places and not constantly push bottom and bottom only.

Plus I find most heimers can't actually cap, they can keep the person pinned to the turret, but fail to actually be able to cap.

Heimer shouldn't have to cap, the goal is to put so much pressure on bot that they have to send a second or third guy in to help peel him off, thus letting your team have an easier time capping windmill.

I played a game as Nasus bot where all I did was constantly pressure, they had to send someone over every 2 minutes to get me away from their tower, while my team would push windmill in.

Carpe Vinum 10-15-2011 10:12 AM

Ashe. The only thing she brings to the table on dominion is the global ult. Also, ~80% of the people who pick her on dom are dumber than a box of rocks...

Reynmaker 10-15-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp (Hozzászólás 15897139)

See this is what I mean, In my experience it's been totally different. I love a bot lane Heime, because 2 or 3 minutes into the game, I generally begin to see the enemy bot start to glow green :) I think a lot of newer Heime players have bought into the whole defense thing and play him as a defender only, But he's a great offensive player and lane pusher.

Almost Ć’abulous 10-15-2011 10:13 AM

any AP with little exceptions

Reynmaker 10-15-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZergSwarms (Hozzászólás 15897430)
I play with someone who mains Olaf, and if you think he is a bad champion in Dominion, it's strictly the players that make him a bad pick. Trust me, A tanky DPS who can make even a Singed run away with his true damage output, has a place in Dominion.

As a player of Garen in Dominion, I must say that when I use him I don't perform very well. Garen is just sub-par in every way in Dominion. I can't quite put my finger on why this is, but maybe it has something to do with the fleeting early game in Dominion. The early game lasts a lot longer in Classic, and it's where Garen really shines.

Exactly what I mean, I know Olaf can be ridiculous but I just don't get to see it. Also, I'd say stick with Garen and prob look into your build/playstyle (prince of the obvious am I not?), I've played against some really effective Garens in Dom, usually heavy on the Tank side. Also, I've only recently begun to get a hold on my Kog playstyle and effective builds for this map.

Elealar 10-15-2011 11:12 AM

Rammus & Teemo. They always go backdoor and end up useless against a team with a clue. AP Shaco also has this problem tho at least it's a decent defender.

Kapucino 10-15-2011 11:18 AM

Contrary to some of the posts in this thread, I play a killer ashe in Dominion. If you know how to use her slows, she's very useful. It's not just slowing escapees, but also slowing the champs who are trying to get to you, and you just keep kiting them under the tower. However, her early game will not be as strong, and early game does matter, so ashe is only good in dominion if she's bottom and farming/defending until she has enough items. Other than that, even if she is a viable champ in dominion, you're better off picking an ad carry with more 1v1 capability.

But the champs I hate being teamed with would have to be katarina and cassiopeia. Katarina just gets cced and cassiopeia is just... face palm. Most of them anyway.