League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Jungling on Twisted Treeline. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1361276)

BestGnarRivenNA 10-14-2011 08:24 AM

Jungling on Twisted Treeline.

I'm just trying to ask for advice here, as I've never really understood how Jungling on Twisted Treeline is viable in any way, shape or form. Of course, I don't exactly have a huge amount of experience at the game, and I've only done a few ranked games so.. Anyway.

Every time I've played a match in which there was a jungler, we were crushed, hardcore. Bottom lane ended up receiving far too much pressure and the turret usually dropped by 10 minutes, if not sooner. (I was once in a game where two people insisted on jungling, said it would be fine, and then bottom turret dropped not even four minutes into the game. ~.~; ) I just don't understand how it's viable to jungle. If there's any advice someone who's maybe had a lot of experience with it can give me, I'd like it, because I guess it just doesn't click in my head.

Boo 10-14-2011 08:42 AM

You will need someone who is able to 1v2 a lane, like cho or even singed. I never lose games if the other team lets me free roam the jungle and get free buffs.

infinite azure 10-14-2011 09:02 AM

Basically it's about holding out till 5 minutes. Early boots are a must, and being ranged is required. Cassio and Kennen can do it fairly well, as can Cait. The bigger picture is important to look at. You might get zoned and eveything seems to be going horribly, but if they don't have enough jungle control that they lose dragon/buffs, as long as you can stay even in levels you come out ahead by far.

It really sucks when they have alistar or urgot, let me tell you.

But I am usually the 1v2 to EvilCoookies jungle, and it's just kinda... something I deal with. We almost never lose a game when they ignore the jungle, no matter how much they punish me in lane.

It's a funny bait and switch, they really think they're winning cause they're crushing that 1v2 lane so hard, but in reality they are getting further and further behind.

BestGnarRivenNA 10-14-2011 09:34 AM

That makes sense. I might try it out and see how it works. Any suggestions of good people to try it with?

Koldheartedjsp 10-14-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohaku Kobuoa (Hozzászólás 15847685)
That makes sense. I might try it out and see how it works. Any suggestions of good people to try it with?

Good junglers:

Lee sin
tryn
udyr
gp

Good bottom laners:

Singed (hard for him early till about 5-7)
chogath
mundo (clever to last hit)

infinite azure 10-14-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp (Hozzászólás 15848025)
Good bottom laners:

Singed (hard for him early till about 5-7)
chogath
mundo (clever to last hit)

Singed is a pretty awful choice. He is NOT strong until catalyst, and you're guarenteed to get no farm. People who have long range skill shots or defensive CC strike me as good choices, someone who can farm from far back. Jungle list is accurate though.

The key to the 1v2 is all in the level 1 and 3. You need a long range skill to farm from level 1. and you need a strong defensive option from level 3 to save yourself from 2 champion's full combo.

you can find evilcoookie's guide if you want general help getting jungle to work.

Koldheartedjsp 10-14-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzuraZero (Hozzászólás 15848265)
Singed is a pretty awful choice. He is NOT strong until catalyst, and you're guarenteed to get no farm. People who have long range skill shots or defensive CC strike me as good choices, someone who can farm from far back. Jungle list is accurate though.

The key to the 1v2 is all in the level 1 and 3. You need a long range skill to farm from level 1. and you need a strong defensive option from level 3 to save yourself from 2 champion's full combo.

you can find evilcoookie's guide if you want general help getting jungle to work.

singed can come back so easily though once he's a higher level. And it's not totally hard to not die with him. I usually use singed if i end up needing to 2v1

infinite azure 10-14-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp (Hozzászólás 15848495)
singed can come back so easily though once he's a higher level. And it's not totally hard to not die with him. I usually use singed if i end up needing to 2v1

The key to 1v2 is in the first 5 minutes since after that laning pretty much ends, is singed OP enough that he can start 5 minutes late? Yes. But having singed who is incapable of any ranged attack beyond a slow get zoned in a 1v2 is not ideal. I'd rather have someone who can gleam enough farm moving out of the laning phase to be of use in a dragon fight at 5min rather than a singed with no money.

(this assumes they aren't mouth breathers who push the lane to your tower, cause if they do that ANYONE can 1v2 well.)

This ties into why I fear urgot and alistar, both are incredibly good at zoning while their lane partner last hits, if they push the lane... whatever, not a problem.

Captain Kopp 10-14-2011 11:44 AM

don't play singed if you're serious about this map, he'll get banned in ranked, but he is still the strongest TT champ. About jungling, I've revised it to be all about lvl 2 ganks no latter than 3 minutes. I focus on ganks and clearing top jungle. Dragon should only be attempted if pink warded and the enemy team is on the other side of the map or obviously mindlessly laning.

My top picks for jungle:

Lee Sin
Gangplank
Nocturne
Xin zhao

I personally haven't attempted udyr, but he's good, and there are many others that can jungle. I just prefer having the gap closers or ranged ability.

This video shows my ideal route, and what it can do at its best, with lee sin http://www.own3d.tv/EvilCoookie#/watch/234331

This video shows what you can do to an ignorant team that doesn't know anything about the jungle.
http://www.own3d.tv/EvilCoookie#/watch/229569

My guide (work in progress)- The jungling section should at the very least give you a start. Be sure to look at the numbers too for respawn times of critical creeps.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...26941317967931

Tactileneck 10-16-2011 11:38 AM

Evil, I've been learning jungle, and vrs teams that are ignorant, I do manage to dominate and control the map, but when they focus the jungle, it seems that I'm so behind it's hardly worth it. For example, Cho'Gath bottom lane, Singed Sion bottom lane on their team. They would push to the tower, then sit in bottom jungle and take the minions while gaurding red...so I go into top jungle, which Xin Zhao in top lane is clearing as he pushes to top tower. How would I handle this?