League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fountain Placement Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1338872)

Captain Kopp 10-08-2011 11:36 PM

Fountain Placement Discussion

After playing 2 hour long games in a row, I realized just how bad this can really be. The other team simply holed up in the fountain for 30 minutes (they also had a blitzcrank). Moving the fountain or just its laser will decrease the ridiculous turtling that can occur.

infinite azure 10-08-2011 11:42 PM

Another option would be putting the tower on the other side of the nexus, which is why this doesn't happen in 5v5.

rayoul 10-09-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzuraZero (Hozzászólás 15597338)
Another option would be putting the tower on the other side of the nexus, which is why this doesn't happen in 5v5.

never taught about it but that might not be a bad plan ........

I answered yuuus to this proposition and upvoted ur azz ......... :)

Captain Kopp 10-09-2011 10:10 AM

if they moved the tower behind the nexus you could shoot it over the wall

good job chimpy 10-09-2011 10:44 AM

personally i think they should move it closer to the wall, but make it so that you cannot move/flash/attack through the wall

rayoul 10-09-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Coookie (Hozzászólás 15609527)
if they moved the tower behind the nexus you could shoot it over the wall

yhea ..... kog, caith, and others could just ward across and shoot trough the wall.......ur right ...

bad idea then

infinite azure 10-09-2011 12:33 PM

They need to push the fountain further back, slide the nexus a bit to a bit before where the fountain was then put the tower on the other side, to clarify, so you can't shoot it over the wall, but would have to be pushed through the nexus to be fountained.

Caladrius 10-09-2011 01:55 PM

Having been on both sides of the "Super turtle by kiting minions into the fountain and healing to full every 5s" I'd have to agree with moving the fountain and shrine turret farther away from the nexus turret. Perhaps not as far away as the SR fountain and nexus turrets, but farther away than it is now, so that it isn't as easy to turtle that hard.

On the other hand, as long as you have someone tanky enough you can take down the nexus turret pretty quick, since there's only 1.

BraveryBeyond 10-09-2011 02:41 PM

I'd prefer both the Nexus and turret being moved farther away from the fountain. This is why it works in SR, this is why it'd work in TT. Wards can't be placed over a wall so there's no hanging out around the outer wall, warding and shooting in. Spells don't hurt a Nexus, so you can't use skillshots for range. Flashing in is the only "problem", but that's already a "problem" that makes it easier for the winning team to finish.

That being said, fountain turrets have never been why I've won a turtle-fest in base, I just hate it when you get led into turret range while chasing because you used a jump skill to hit an enemy and they just made it within turret range.

Also acceptable: reduce the turret range!

Captain Kopp 10-13-2011 01:38 AM

bumping because theres a lot of posts