League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1327159)

Rikter Iliaren 10-06-2011 02:47 AM

So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

I've seen stuff about how blue is supposedly at an advantage over purple anyone care to explain why people say this?

Digleto 10-06-2011 03:02 AM

cmera angle

MonsterMayne 10-06-2011 03:07 AM

the camera for the purple team is at an awful angle, because if you want to use skillshots of any kind, the screen must be unlocked, which is a disadvantage in other aspects of the game, especially if the computer you are playing is laggy.

Rikter Iliaren 10-06-2011 03:31 AM

So because stupid people who can't handle unlocked screen which is 1000000x superior to locked screen then.

Guess it means nothing then

Repseki 10-06-2011 03:32 AM

People play this game with a locked camera?

SteelerKing 10-06-2011 03:41 AM

That stuff about the camera is bull****. Dunno if trolling or serious.

But there is in fact something about the minions that leaves purple at a disadvantage.
I've played tons of test games with friends and many of those were 1v1 only mid. The side lanes in this situation push 2 out of 3 times always on BOTH sides towards the purple base onto the inhibitors.

Either there is something wrong with minion spawns/KI on the bot&top lanes or there is something wrong with the map itself, which I doubt since they prolly mirror-copied the map for the most part.

dmillika 10-06-2011 04:26 AM

When I'm purple bot, there is a tower in the foreground, right next to the forward brush which always seems to be in the way. It doesn't bother me when I'm blue, but I always seem to notice it when I'm purple. Probably me being crazy, but oh well.

I prefer the camera angle going up, rather than down, but ultimately, it's not a huge deal.

Tinkletown 10-06-2011 04:30 AM

My friend has played this game for about 6 months before i picked it up and whenever we play to gether and get purple he always starts *****ing. Finally i was like whats wrong with purple? He says its harder on skill shots because he has to unlock his camera. I was like O.o, you play with your camera locked? That was when i found out my friend was actualy a ******ed monkey so i punched him in the face.

you cant say ******.ed? silly censoring

dmillika 10-06-2011 04:35 AM

It feels super claustrophobic to play with a locked camera. Just hold down the spacebar if you need the camera to be locked for a moment.

Sleepyface 10-06-2011 04:39 AM

the only "advantage" i can think of for blue is that since the map is angled in a somewhat isometric view, you can see the field slightly more clearly if you're coming form the blue team, since blue is always bottom. Purple is top so a lot of things can get in the way of the player's vision, making the surrounding field somewhat unclear. For example, minions and champions' HP bars can overlap, making last hitting more difficult, etc.