League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TT may get some love now! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1326876)

xhardwirex 10-05-2011 11:58 PM

TT may get some love now!

add in ranked solo draft please!

do this and we will love you for life

infinite azure 10-06-2011 01:57 AM

you just can't solo TT, it wouldn't work, teamcomp synergy and communication is too important. I personally think Soloqueue SR is a bad idea, since it's a TEAM game. Draft normals sure, but srsmode should be a full team working together.

JayceJa 10-06-2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzuraZero (Hozzászólás 15468167)
you just can't solo TT, it wouldn't work, teamcomp synergy and communication is too important. I personally think Soloqueue SR is a bad idea, since it's a TEAM game. Draft normals sure, but srsmode should be a full team working together.

not a reason we shouldnt at least have a choice of solo ranked, plenty of people playing SR solo ranked are more than capable of communicating with people theyve never met before and picking good team comps, so the same would be true with TT

in fact this is more of an argument FOR solo ranked than against it, because in solo normal you get pitted against premades, at least in solo ranked you arent pitting premades against a bunch of people who have never met

infinite azure 10-06-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayceJa (Hozzászólás 15468242)
not a reason we shouldnt at least have a choice of solo ranked, plenty of people playing SR solo ranked are more than capable of communicating with people theyve never met before and picking good team comps, so the same would be true with TT

in fact this is more of an argument FOR solo ranked than against it, because in solo normal you get pitted against premades, at least in solo ranked you arent pitting premades against a bunch of people who have never met

They've currently taken the stance to decline draft normals for fear of the queue being too small to split. There is no reason they'd split TT ranked which already has long queue times.

and that's fact not my opinion.

Though my opinion remains ranked should exclusively be premades vs premades because it should be the pinnacle of the game, it should be what competitive play is defined by, and solo queue is not. Heck arranged team is only barely there because solo-queue egos have eaten up all the players. But I have a whole different thread on that.

BRAVEYpl0x 10-06-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzuraZero (Hozzászólás 15468167)

Lol Azura. Just saw ur post on my TT thread and here you are pretty much reiterating the same point. I totally agree that solo TT really loses the crazy synergy that the map brings out in a good team. I feel that u can get away with soloque SR becuz with 5 ppl, roles are more well defined. General communication betwwen ppl with set roles is enough to pull a team together. But on TT, you need really solid communication to get things going smoothly.

infinite azure 10-06-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVEYpl0x (Hozzászólás 15468486)
Lol Azura. Just saw ur post on my TT thread and here you are pretty much reiterating the same point. I totally agree that solo TT really loses the crazy synergy that the map brings out in a good team. I feel that u can get away with soloque SR becuz with 5 ppl, roles are more well defined. General communication betwwen ppl with set roles is enough to pull a team together. But on TT, you need really solid communication to get things going smoothly.

yeah I'm kinda in rapid reply mode, excited for the new forum xD

I think your point about roles is really what I mean to express. Comps are not stable because there isn't room for every archetype, so teams have to make a hard choice between dedicated vs roam-jungle based on the jungler strength, decide if they want tankyAD and a mage for utility or tankyAP and an AD carry for damage, or if they want to go for a more classic team with a tanky jungler and doublecarry.

Too many options does not a easy champ select make. Even talking on skype to my friends we sometimes fail to get a comp that's just right when adapting to an enemy team.

Krox 10-06-2011 05:04 AM

OR ranked solo queue?

Gloribhem 10-06-2011 05:07 AM

Normal Draft mode would be just as nice as Ranked solo queue imo.

Yasuthrow 10-06-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloribhem (Hozzászólás 15471116)
Normal Draft mode would be just as nice as Ranked solo queue imo.

I agree with this. Normal Draft in TT would be fun, it might even attract more people to play Twisted Treeline.

Gloribhem 10-06-2011 05:51 AM

Exactly.