League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Quick Guide for Ashe (Advanced) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=13216)

I Play Jungle Yi 09-21-2009 09:18 AM

Quick Guide for Ashe (Advanced)

I look at all the guides for ashe and all i see is a bunch of **** 90% of people dont care about.

all im going to do is show you my skill order and the order which i purchase items and what the role of ashe is.

im going to start off with the role of Ashe. She is by no means a tank. she is what we would call a "glass cannon" meaning shes suppose to be all damage and not take any back. this can be done effectively by her Frost shot and her ultimate.

In the beginning of the game, its really not a good idea to go off on your own and gank because you lack the power to be able to kill someone with full health for the time being.

The general item list i use in order is:
Start off with regrowth pendant. this allows you to harass in the beginning which in turn denies your enemy gold. this is very important in my opinion because if done right, they wont kill a single monster. also if your playing a idiot you can easily set them up for a kill shot if they get too brave.

when you get 1700 gold, go back to base and get Meki Pendant and boots of speed. then purchase the Philosopher's Stone and the Boots that give you Movement Speed 3.
The reason why You should wait is because the 5 gold/ 10 sec is very important. and with the additional health/mp5 you can dish out even more harrassment. the Movement Speed 3 is very much required because you need to be able to chase down your opponents to use your frost arrow. if your using movement speed 2, you wont catch up because everyone else is using movement speed 2 items.

Now you should be near the point where you can gank people with another person or two. Make sure there not near a friendly turret or your pretty much asking for a deathwish or a fail gank. It doesnt necessarily matter if theres creeps around your main goal is to kite them if there melee (Shoot them wih frost shot run for 1-2 seconds then shoot them again) and keep doing that unti they begin to run then just lay the smack down.

The next recipe you should be going after is the Infinity edge, Ashes most critical item. this is because of the fact that youll be doing 50% more crit damage than you normally do. this is by far the most importat item in her item set.

the next item you should be going after for is Zeal. This helps with attack speed, crit chance, and movement speed. You dont necessarily need to upgrade it to a Phantom dancer, it depends on how well your group is going. if the enemy is dominating then its more important to keep it at just the zeal level and move onto the other items.

the next item you should get is Last whisper. the 40% armor pen that comes with it is absolutely lovely and will help you dish out pain to those nasty melee type champions.

thats about it as far as necessary items are concerned. the next items you get is totally up to you. but they must be items with + damage to keep up with the consistency of "glass cannon"

End game if your not critting creeps for atleast 900, your doing something wrong.

The people that say you need defensive items are wrong. Survivability items are not essential if your good at ganking/ kiting. at this point in the game, you shoud be 3-4 shotting champions. if your lucky you can 2 shot caster champions.

This build of items requires a great amount of skill because theres major lack in defensive items.

End game you can pretty much gank by yourself. but be aware of where the other champions are. Your a glass cannon so if you slip up, youll get ganked by 2-3 champions and die fast. its much safer to be with another champion and backup until the enemy attacks that other champion so you can dish out the pain.

My record is 27 wins and 3 losses once i became aware of what i needed to do with ashe.

Oh one last thing I should mention..... Rune choices.
They should be all Crit damage runes. A few armor pen runes is ok But you should atleast have 35% + crit damage when your level 30.

I Play Jungle Yi 09-21-2009 09:26 AM

Oh i forgot the skill set

Max out frost shot and volley first (Make sure to put points in ur ult as soon as they become avaliable) and save plentiful bounty for last.

Plentiful bounty is for your mid/ end game farming when you can 1-2 shot creeps for some quick gold.

21/0/9 is the standard dps skill build for your talents.

Dashiz 09-21-2009 09:33 AM

i agree with ur first few choices of items

if the other team is tank heavy etc though, u shud build a bloodrazor
the first 3 items are set with ashe imo, but then it's game dependent i think
the other chars, how they're building, who's the threat, etc

always get phil stone, enh 3, then infinity edge, and u said ur skill points right

but it doesnt hurt to grab a banshee's veil on ashe after you get ur infinity edge/zeal(or malady is viable imo)

I Play Jungle Yi 09-21-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashiz (Hozzászólás 137862)
i agree with ur first few choices of items

if the other team is tank heavy etc though, u shud build a bloodrazor
the first 3 items are set with ashe imo, but then it's game dependent i think
the other chars, how they're building, who's the threat, etc

always get phil stone, enh 3, then infinity edge, and u said ur skill points right

but it doesnt hurt to grab a banshee's veil on ashe after you get ur infinity edge/zeal(or malady is viable imo)

This i what i do every game with ashe and it works out very well. IF theres no tanks in the enemy group then you dont really need last whisper and get another +damage item.

But the goal is still to become the "glass cannon"

My highest crit on a monster was 1437 end game.

TamaMoNoMaE 11-05-2009 09:09 PM

very much in agreement with ur guide here.

my skills go volley to master first, then put 2 frostshot then get bounty

so it looks like

volley - frostshot - volley - frostshot - volley - ult - volley - PB - volley - PB and so on.

Ashe is a glass cannon, as u say, dealing huge damage.

pkBlitz 11-05-2009 10:34 PM

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but i'm getting roughly 400+ crit without a last item and 200+ dmg on regular creep

i'm pretty much following your guide to the nail but my infinity edge always feels very late (i can't seem to get it until im 16-17ish)

I'm playing some 1v1 vs bots b/c im new. any ideas?

Also I'm finding myself consistently low on mana but not on health, and in one of the other guides suggested chalice of harmony as first item. I'm not questioning the importance of the Philosopher's stone and +3 speed but is it possible to get chalice before edge? At the rate I'm getting infinity edge I could farm a lot more with more mana regen

joshisawesome 11-21-2009 01:45 PM

Your running out of mana because either A) you keep frost shot on when its only needed to chase down or kite enemy champs, or B) you use volley too often. Volley is best used early game to get the KBs on grunts and a lil harassment, a few points into utility and a mana pot should keep you out in a lane till about lvl 7 IMO, at which point you should have about 1500-1800g as long as you were farming KBs on the grunts, just cuz volley is up doesnt mean you should use it till you oom :D, use it at the right times for more effectiveness. And also, getting the B.F. sword as your second item after initial buys can give you a huge advantage if your soloing a lane. With the right runes, you can charge up a crit and deal 350+ dmg with a volley and an auto shot as early as lvl 5 or 6 if you get the money for your sword fast enough. With your arrow, whoever you are facing, even a tank, is gibbed by this combo.

joshisawesome 11-21-2009 01:52 PM

And a quick question, when you landed said 1417 crit, did you have the baron buff? highest crit ive gotten was 1273 w/o baron buff.

Benoit 11-22-2009 01:30 PM

Health pot is better and cheaper than a Regrowth Pendant.
For the mana regen, use Glyphs of Clarity.

Your wasting too much gold for your Philosopher's Stone, while you could be already working on your B.F. sword ---> more damage ---> farm faster / harass better ---> more gold for you / less gold for the other team's champion.

I start with Boot of speed + 2 health pot + 1 mana pot, then farm for my Boot's of swiftness, then for my B.F Sword -> Infinity Edge, etc.

TamaMoNoMaE 11-22-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben0it (Hozzászólás 309014)
Health pot is better and cheaper than a Regrowth Pendant.
For the mana regen, use Glyphs of Clarity.

Your wasting too much gold for your Philosopher's Stone, while you could be already working on your B.F. sword ---> more damage ---> farm faster / harass better ---> more gold for you / less gold for the other team's champion.

I start with Boot of speed + 2 health pot + 1 mana pot, then farm for my Boot's of swiftness, then for my B.F Sword -> Infinity Edge, etc.

In doing that u force urself into a conservative position, u cant use volley freely,

also u cant use ur ult freely, u cant join in ganks, u just farm and farm in order to

get items. If thats ur style, its fine, but remember that ur team is fightihg 4vs5 for u

to keep on farming.

This is why I hate to have master yi on my team.