League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hypo's Madhouse: Stacks Jax (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=129159)

Hypocrix 06-05-2010 07:04 AM

[Guide] Hypo's Madhouse: Stacks Jax

Welcome to Hypo’s Madhouse, creating insane builds for your entertainment. This is my first guide, so if everything goes well, I’ll make more. Now, before we get started:

Warning:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This guide is not for the mentally stable. If you execute the contents contained within the guide, and your team is losing, then you will most likely be the target of your teams rage and/or the other team’s negativity. If you are a new player and attempt the contents of this guide, you will fail. That being said, if you don’t care about what people on the internet think of you, than enjoy this guide, because it will be quite entertaining.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*I already expect that you know a little about the champion and what his abilities are and so on and so forth.

About the Champion:
His name is Jax. He carries a lamp post. He has 7-eyed goggles (so far as I can see, could be 9. In fact, they could just be his eyes and not goggles). Let’s move on.

His abilities:
He jumps, he smacks hard, he stuns, and he smacks harder and faster the more he smacks stuff.

Now that we have gotten through the easy stuff, let’s get a move on to the more important aspect of the guide. This build is based entirely off of stackable items. In other words, the more you kill stuff, the stronger you get. The more you die, the weaker you get. If you don’t get kills or assists, you will pretty much be the most useless person on your team. Still sound fun? You know it does. So where do we start?

Masteries:
Your masteries may vary, but I prefer a 0/21/9 or a 9/21/0. Just be sure that you get the dodge/movement increase in your defensive masteries. Other than that, the decision is ultimately up to you.

Runes:
Use what runes you have. I’m not going to tell you to go and buy more runes just so you can execute this guide. There will (hopefully) be more people than just you using this guide, and runes are your way of saying “this is my game, my champion, I’m not the same as you”. Your runes will make you different from others, so choose what you have or what you want to.

Spells:
For spells, I recommend Rally and Teleport. Teleport will get you where you need to be faster, and Rally gives you a nice damage increase (and ability power increase if you got the mastery for it) for you and your teammates, which in turn will give you a little more health. Again though, Spells are your choice.

Note: I know Jax's passive states that it gives health to every point of damage and ability power from items, however the Rally spell will in fact give you the health buff from the increased damage (and ability power), despite it not being an actual item in your inventory.

Setting up your abilities:
The first ability you should get is leap strike (Q). It’s the best choice if you want to even try and kill someone before the minions spawn (In my opinion, of course). It has the hardest damage from your choices and jumps to them. After that, I get Stun (E) and then Empower (W). After that you would try and max out your stun first. In other words, your leveling abilities should look something like this:
1) Q
2) E
3) W
4) E
5) E
6) R
7) E
8) Q
9) E
10) Q
11) R
12) Q
13) Q
14) W
15) W
16) R
17) W
18) W

You can change these up to match your needs, however this is how I would recommend it.

So you’ve made it this far down the guide and your going “ok, so I choose what I want for my masteries, I choose what I want for my Runes, My spells are how I want them, and I have some freedom in how I choose my abilities. How is this different from before I started reading this?” Well were getting to that.

Items:
Yes, the items. This is where most people skip to in a guide because they already know about the champion and how they’re going to do their runes and masteries and stuff. Before I get into the item build, let me remind you about Jax’s passive. He gains three health from every point of damage and two health for every point of ability power from items in his inventory.

First Item: The first thing that you’ll want to start out with is the amplifying tome and a health pot (“that’s two items!” :O). What this will do is buff your leap strike a little bit for the start of the game. If you get a kill early, good for you, because the earlier you can get these next items the better. When you reach enough gold, you’re going to turn that amplifying tome into a Mejai’s Soulstealer. What does this do for you? Every stack gives you 8 ability power. You get 2 stacks for a kill, and one stack for an assist. At 20 stacks (max), you get 15% reduced cooldowns. Nice.

Freeze Frame: What happens when YOU get a kill? You gain 16 ability power and 32 health.

Second Item: The second item you want to get is Ninja Tabi. If you know anything about Jax, then you know these boots are a nice fit. You want dodge, and you want to move faster. Also helps that there is a little bit of armor in those shoes.

Third Item: The third item you want to get is Sword of the Occult. You want to start getting damage and this is a nice item to do so. What does this do for you? Every stack gives you 5 damage. You get 2 stacks for a kill, and one stack for an assist (déjŕ vu). At 20 stacks (max), you get 15% increased movement speed. Very Nice.

Freeze Frame: What happens when YOU get a kill? You gain 10 damage and 30 health.

Fourth Item: The fourth item you want to get is Leviathan. Why Leviathan? For the health of course. Sure his passive gives you health for damage and ability power, but nothing gives better health then health items. So you grab your Leviathan. What does this do for you? Every stack gives you 32 health. You get 2 stacks for a kill, and one stack for an assist (déjŕ vu to you, too). At 20 stacks (max), you take 15% reduced damage (don’t you just love the number 15?). Super nice.

Freeze Frame: What happens when YOU get a kill? You gain 64 health.
Double Freeze Frame: You’ve got Mejai’s, Occult, and Leviathan, What happens when YOU get a kill? You gain 16 ability power, 10 damage, and 126 health. For an assist, you gain 8 ability power, 5 damage, and 63 health.

Fifth Item: Alright, so your bonuses are looking pretty good right now, and the items I’ve requested aren’t high up in the gold pricing. So what’s next? Warmog’s Armor (Say Whaaaaaat?). Yes, I know that this one is a bit pricey, but you haven’t spent too much yet so you should still be fine grabbing it. Warmog’s is the best item out there in terms of health and health regen (In my own opinion, of course). Plus, the stacks that you get with warmog’s do not disappear if you happen to die. So what does this do for you? Well, besides the base 770 health and the 30 health regen, every time you kill a minion you gain 3.6 health and .5 health regen. Every time you kill a champion you gain 36 health and 5 health regen. If we consider minion kills as 1 stack, you get 10 stacks for a champion kill, with a maximum stack count of 125 stacks. Ultra Nice.

Note: keep in mind that health regen is really health regen per 5.
Freeze Frame: So you’re not fully stacked up in all your items yet. What happens when YOU get a kill? You gain 16 ability power, 10 dammage, 162 health, and 5 health regen.

Last item: Alright, so now let us just assume that you are fully maxed out on all your stacks. You’re now an unstoppable killing machine. But you aren’t a murdering god yet. That is what this last item will make you if you can actually max out all your stacks. So what is this unholy item? Atma’s Impaler. What does this do for you? It gives 45 armor and 18% critical strike. Yes those are good, but it’s Atma’s passive that makes this item turn Jax into the most Unholy of killing machines. It’s passive increases your physical damage by 2% of your maximum health. If you are fully stacked up, you have around 5000 health. So congrats, by grabbing atma’s, you just gave yourself 100 damage. Mega Nice.

Final Freeze Frame (say that 5 times fast): Let us take a look at Jax’s passive again. He gains three health from every point of damage and two health for every point of ability power from items in his inventory. Atma’s is an item. And it just gave you 100 damage. So your passive just gave you another 300 health. Now look at Atma’s again. You just gained 300 health. That means atma’s just gave you another 6 damage. Now look at your passive. You just gained another 18 health. So now you know Atma’s and Jax’s passive work very well with each other.

So you’ve got all your items, your lvl 18, you’re fully stacked, you killed the golem and lizard, you’ve solo’d baron (and there is no reason you shouldn’t at this state), what will you look like? Well, you’re going to have around 364 physical damage, 214 ability power, 1.743 attack speed (give or take a good chunk depending on masteries, runes, and your ult), 483 movement speed when you dodge something, 151 armor, 80 magic resist, and somewhere around 5200 health (again, give or take a nice little chunk depending on runes and masteries). Also note that you take 15% reduced damage from your leviathan. If you had defensive mastery tree all the way down, that’s a total of 19% damage reduction. That’s very similar to gaining an additional 1000 health (similar, not exactly the same as).

Congratulations, you are now a murdering, unholy god.

So now some of you are probably thinking “This seems pretty legit. Why would you have to be crazy to want to do this?” Well I’ve only shown you the best case scenario. And this best case scenario is quite a challenge to reach. Let me show you the worst case scenario. You’ve got all your items and your lvl 18, but you’ve died quite a bit and don’t have any stacks (except a few on warmog’s). What do you really have? Well that’s the equivalent of having an amplifying tome, ninja tabi, long sword, Ruby crystal, warmog’s, and atma’s. In other words, the only think you’ve got going for you is some health, and a little damage. At that point in the game though, your tanks have more health and/or armor/magic resistance and possibly more damage output then you. So you’ve gone from being a god on your team to a god for the enemy team.

Does this still sound fun? You bet it does. I know this guide isn’t completely crazy, but I didn’t want to make my first one over the top. I hope all of you enjoyed reading this guide and best of luck to the people who attempt it.

FOX AFifthCyborg 06-05-2010 08:35 AM

I've tried this with Leviathan, Mejai's, Occult, and Atma's. Was fun for a while, but never really got into it. I like the quicker playstyle of Tabi, Rageblade, and Hextech, (less money and less risk).

InfinityD 06-15-2010 07:19 PM

The only problem i have with this guide is that mejai + occult + leviathan has the potential to be lawlerskates on 80% of the champions in the game. I know jax is ganky enough to potentially pull it off, but its a crazy gamble in any game.

Ruune 06-15-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypocrix (Hozzászólás 1494685)

Final Freeze Frame (say that 5 times fast): Let us take a look at Jax’s passive again. He gains three health from every point of damage and two health for every point of ability power from items in his inventory. Atma’s is an item. And it just gave you 100 damage. So your passive just gave you another 300 health. Now look at Atma’s again. You just gained 300 health. That means atma’s just gave you another 6 damage. Now look at your passive. You just gained another 18 health. So now you know Atma’s and Jax’s passive work very well with each other.

I'm pretty sure Atma's passive doesn't work like that. It adds damage to your attacks, but confusingly doesn't actually grant you attack damage. I was under the impression this was either final physical damage added to the attack, or magic damage added. Either way, it only effects your DPS, it doesn't grant Jax extra health.

Hypocrix 06-15-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruune (Hozzászólás 1600064)
I'm pretty sure Atma's passive doesn't work like that. It adds damage to your attacks, but confusingly doesn't actually grant you attack damage. I was under the impression this was either final physical damage added to the attack, or magic damage added. Either way, it only effects your DPS, it doesn't grant Jax extra health.

Actually, it does work like how it is stated in the guide. Atma's passive will add 2% of whatever health you have to your attack damage. To the damage that is added, Jax's passive grants you health. To the health that was just added, Atma's passive grants you damage. And this will loop until the benefit becomes negligible (where 2% of the added health is worth less then one point of damage).

Ebonclaw 06-16-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruune (Hozzászólás 1600064)

You should consider watching when you buy an Atma, before explaining to people what you're "pretty sure" it does. Hypo is absolutely correct, though in realistic terms, the reciprocal buffing for Jax, is very limited, since it's only a 2% modifier.

It's still a (mediocre even at 2k) pretty good item at just 2500 Hp, at 3000+ like Jax will tend to see, it's quite cost effective.

Razr 06-16-2010 05:36 AM

Lots of Feedback incoming.

Masteries are fine. Summoner spells are okay, but I'd recommend alternatives as well (particularly such as Ghost, Cleanse, Flash, heck even Smite in certain scenarios).

Your item build if I understand is as follows:

Mejai's, Leviathan, SotO, Tabi, Warmog's, and Atma's.

There's a million and one things wrong with this. For starters, you are completely eliminating any chance that Jax has of making a comeback late game if you lose a couple of team fights and lose your stacks. The one good thing about Jax is that he never stops scaling, and snowball items completely negate that advantage. You will never have too much AP or AD, but because you're investing all of your early money in snowball items in them you won't be able to start ganking really hard until you're going to win anyways. Warmog's has been shown to be garbage in general and although you argue that it gives 770 health right off the bat I can buy a Frozen Mallet which gives 760 (since it has 20 AD on it) AND a slow on hit which is brutal with a chaser such as Jax.

Atma's is the only good item I can see in this build, but even then Atma's leaves you a big fat blob of health that's slightly less squishy and deals a not very much damage.

There aren't too many ways to mess up with Jax. And although yes, your guide does state that if your team is losing you will be blamed, I'd much rather spend the early 3k on a Rageblade and some elixirs than snowballing items that can leave me up to ridicule from teammates and a negative K/D on one of the best melee carries in the game. At a minimum I'd recommend at least changing Warmog's to a Frozen Mallet, and then working out other ways to build Jax. I'm not condemning alternate ways to build Jax here, I'm simply saying that you can work with what you have to make it much less reliant on snowballing.

wildfire393 06-16-2010 05:47 AM

Warmogg's is not actually that effective in terms of it's cost, simply because HP Regen does not do much for you. ~20 HP per second, out of the ~5000 you will have endgame with this build, is spitting in the barrel. So effectively, you are paying 3135 for eventually 1220 HP. If you buy three Giant's Belts, it costs you 3330 and you get 1290 HP. And these three Giant belts can then be built into other items that grant better bonuses (Sunfire Cape, Frozen Mallet, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, or Soul Shroud).

Hypocrix 06-16-2010 09:53 AM

Razr and wildfire393, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I can see how warmogs would not be reaching it's full potential by the time in the game you actually buy it. And Razr, I agree with you, Frozen Mallet would actually be a better item to grab that late into the game. The slow effect would be amazing. I know there are better items to grab in serious games other then snowballing items, but this guide was more focused towards the people playing for fun rather then playing for serious. I would not expect anyone in a ladder match or a tournament to even think about this build unless their ego's with Jax are larger then Mt. Everest. If you're ever doing a premade where all of you want to just try some new builds out, give this one a shot a few times and see how it goes.

InfinityD, ha, yea it's a crazy gamble, but this build is for crazy people.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys/gals, it's my first guide and I would like it to be a good one. I'll look into switching warmogs with frozen mallet. I'd have to change a few things up but I'll get it done.

ADCisMyReligion 06-17-2010 08:33 PM

Jax does really horrible without a rageblade, you might not even be able to farm for these items. Once you get rageblade is is able to farm easily and you can start getting items.