League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Cynric, The Mage Knight (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1286809)

fugdyou 09-26-2011 06:21 PM

Cynric, The Mage Knight

The mage knight is a Dps,Mage,Fighter
Health: Weak/Average
Attack:Average
Spells:Average
Difficulty:Hard

Innate-Mageblade: Increases attack speed by 1% for every 9 AP

Q- Ethereal Blade: Passive: adds10/15/20/25/30+(.2 AP) attack damage
Toggle On: Your auto attacks deal magic damage but cant crit.

W- Elemental Charge: His blade changes colors adding a bonus for eight seconds depending on which charge is chosen (yes its similar to pick a card) lasts 8 seconds
Red/Fire: Adds 20/25/30/35/40 +(.2 AP) magic damage to your auto attacks
Green/Nature:heals for 30/45/60/75/90 +(.2 AP) on each auto attack
Blue/Water: increases attack speed by 10/15/20/25/30% +(.05 AP)
Mana:80 Cooldown:20 seconds

E-Mage Strike: (Skillshot) rapidly moves to target location and deals 60/110/160/210/260
+(.5 AP) gets a bonus if Elemental charge is active.
Red/Fire:increases damage by 15/18/21/24/27% (depends on level of elemental charge)
Green/Nature:heals him as though he had auto attack all units hit (depends on level of elemental charge)
Blue/Water: increases movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 2 seconds (depends on level of elemental charge)
Mana:100 Cooldown:20/18/16/14/12 Range:700

R- The Knights Storm: passive:adds 10/15/20% magic resistance reduction
active: increases AP by 25/40/55 an and gains a bonus if Elemental charge is active.lasts 10 seconds.
Red/Fire: deals 70/130/190 +(.3 AP) dps to surrounding enemies
Green/Nature:Heals allies for 60/120/180 +(.2 AP) per second
Blue/Water: Increases all nearby allies attack speed by 10/15/20/25/30%(depends on level of elemental charge)
Mana:150 Cooldown:80/70/60 AOE:400

Lore: (im still working on this i will update)

The main point of this champ is to make an AP caster that has steady DPS. nearly all other AP champs have burst damage where i cast all my spells in 1 second and now im useless till they are off cooldown. Its a cool unique idea to me and would like to see a steady damage AP champ implemented.

And please for goodness sake leave any comments or questions you have especially on balance.

volstad 09-26-2011 06:40 PM

little bit like kass but the abilities and quite unique and cool

fugdyou 09-26-2011 07:20 PM

yeah kass's one move is similiar but you cant depend on it for Dps. i wanted an Ap caster that can depend on auto attacks for dps.

fugdyou 09-27-2011 10:32 AM

bumpage

Echoing 09-27-2011 10:55 AM

Yet another victim to the inability to do calculations.

Here, let me do the calculations for you. With an Archangel's Staff and Rabadon's Deathcap, you'll most likely hit 300 AP (or thereabouts). With 300 AP, you just gave yourself 105 AD with your Q, and 60% attack speed. You have the effects of nearly FIVE items in two. That's nowhere near balanced. Riot's been trying to cut down on double-dip passives that increase another stat for increasing one stat. It's not a good idea at all, especially since you can build AP and get everything. I'm not sure what you were thinking.

Irredeemably broken double-dip min-maxing passives aside...

The Q is useless. Changing your attacks to magic damage isn't going to do anything of note - in fact, it means Morgana can now block your hits with her shield. If anything, it's a nerf, especially with the no-crit clause.

The W is even MORE broken. Come on, man, you're killing me here. What is making you think that tacking on AP ratios to buffs is a good idea? No champion has that, and for good reason - AP hits absurdly high numbers! With that 300 AP, you can get 120 more damage on autoattacks, 150 life healed on autoattacks (more sustain than Warwick and Irelia combined - see a problem here?), or 60% more attack speed (you'll end up overkilling attack speed if you keep building straight-up AP). All this on a cooldown that can be reduced to 7.2 seconds, ensuring perma-buff. No. Just, no.

For a gap-closer, that does a metric s***ton of damage. It doesn't need added effects, either.

Oh, COME ON. Let me crunch some level 18 numbers for you - assuming you have 100 base AD (not unreasonable for a melee DPS champ - UP, actually) and 300 AP, and pop your (immensely broken) ultimate, you have 100 + 105 (from the Q) + 120 (from the W) + 100 (from the R) = 425 AD. 425. Tryndamere and Yi won't hit 425 AD. You can do so with two items. I didn't even bother adding in the 100 AP to all the other crud you've got going on, either, so the end result is EVEN HIGHER.

This is not the way to make a steady-damage caster. You centered this champion entirely around double-dip passives and autoattack steroids. It is inherently broken - ditch this champion, think about some game balance, and try again.

fugdyou 09-27-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoing (Hozzászólás 15029666)
Yet another victim to the inability to do calculations.

Here, let me do the calculations for you. With an Archangel's Staff and Rabadon's Deathcap, you'll most likely hit 300 AP (or thereabouts). With 300 AP, you just gave yourself 105 AD with your Q, and 60% attack speed. You have the effects of nearly FIVE items in two. That's nowhere near balanced. Riot's been trying to cut down on double-dip passives that increase another stat for increasing one stat. It's not a good idea at all, especially since you can build AP and get everything. I'm not sure what you were thinking.

Irredeemably broken double-dip min-maxing passives aside...

The Q is useless. Changing your attacks to magic damage isn't going to do anything of note - in fact, it means Morgana can now block your hits with her shield. If anything, it's a nerf, especially with the no-crit clause.

The W is even MORE broken. Come on, man, you're killing me here. What is making you think that tacking on AP ratios to buffs is a good idea? No champion has that, and for good reason - AP hits absurdly high numbers! With that 300 AP, you can get 120 more damage on autoattacks, 150 life healed on autoattacks (more sustain than Warwick and Irelia combined - see a problem here?), or 60% more attack speed (you'll end up overkilling attack speed if you keep building straight-up AP). All this on a cooldown that can be reduced to 7.2 seconds, ensuring perma-buff. No. Just, no.

For a gap-closer, that does a metric s***ton of damage. It doesn't need added effects, either.

Oh, COME ON. Let me crunch some level 18 numbers for you - assuming you have 100 base AD (not unreasonable for a melee DPS champ - UP, actually) and 300 AP, and pop your (immensely broken) ultimate, you have 100 + 105 (from the Q) + 120 (from the W) + 100 (from the R) = 425 AD. 425. Tryndamere and Yi won't hit 425 AD. You can do so with two items. I didn't even bother adding in the 100 AP to all the other crud you've got going on, either, so the end result is EVEN HIGHER.

This is not the way to make a steady-damage caster. You centered this champion entirely around double-dip passives and autoattack steroids. It is inherently broken - ditch this champion, think about some game balance, and try again.

lol most of these i already expected especially the cooldown reduction on Elemental charge. but theres one thing i disagree with. his Q toggling it on is not at all useless. say someone has massive armor but low magic resist? say someone has thornmail? then the main point is if you build magic penetration and magic resist reduction. now your auto attacks and spells get penetration
now that someone has done the math for me i can see if he is balancable at all or not. im to lazy to do the math
there this time i bothered to do the math. the bonus damage he gets in his passive if he has archangels and robadons(you example but 2 very expensive items.) is 90. then the bonus with his W is 100 which only lasts 8 seconds. then i completely changed the ult making his Q even more useful. and made its bonus not nearly what it used to be.
there now he has maybe 300 aa damage by this time yi or trynd could have IE and be critting for 500.

Echoing 09-27-2011 02:51 PM

Argh. You are MISSING THE POINT. Double-dip passives are a bad idea - notice how they don't show up in new champions any more? Notice how Kayle's disappeared? Notice how Vlad's got nerfed to uselessness? Getting the point yet?

The Q still makes you take damage from Thornmail. It returns 30% of standard attack damage. Magic or physical damage, a Q-buffed autoattack is still an autoattack, and it's either useless or game-breaking depending on the resistances they build. It's a pretty jerk move to make a champion that forces everyone to build both defenses or die miserably - which means they can't kill your team at all.

Honestly, dude? I'm telling you again, this is not the way to make a source of steady AP damage. Karthus can deal steady damage with Defile and Lay Waste, Evelynn deals steady damage with her Hate Spike, Urgot deals steady damage if locked on to a target with Acid Hunter(and if you don't know how to dodge, then even while not locked on), Heimerdinger deals steady damage with his turrets...Catching on here? Making an AP-powered melee DPS champ that also has ridiculous ratios and autoattack buffs is hardly balanced and overkills your goal - a much simpler way is to create a champion with low cooldowns on nukes or persistent auras like Defile that deal damage over time to all nearby enemies.

fugdyou 09-27-2011 03:23 PM

im beginning to think your a troll or something.
first of all the passive doesnt really matter niether does any of the other moves its the CHAMPION CONCEPT.
second of all thornmail does not return magic damage it only returns physical, then how is it gamebreaking or useless? just cuz they built armor or MR its still useful. seriously cant you read? i posted that if your build magic reduction than that now applies to your spells and abilities. and whats that **** about forcing them to build armor or magic resist? every good team and AD and AP. so every smart team builds MR and armour.
third of all of course their are other steady ap champs but none of them are like this one. you stupid and get too caught up in the **** that doesnt really matter. all the **** could be way unbalance and its still about he concept dumbass

Echoing 09-27-2011 03:51 PM

Sigh. You're beyond hope, I see, trying to defend your horribly broken champion against all logic and spewing ad hominem arguments at me, calling me a troll for trying to help.

And I'm supposed to be the NICER one. Whatever. -1 to you, don't let me catch you making something even more broken than this disgrace.

Oh, by the way? You're full of s*** about Thornmail. Thornmail reflects damage based on whether or not it sets off on-hit abilities - it'll even reflect Warwick's Infinite Duress - not whether or not it does magic damage. Don't believe me? Check the wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thornmail

fugdyou 09-27-2011 07:05 PM

ok boohoo go cry about thornmail the thing is your still a dumbass that cant realize that its not about WHETHER THE CHAMP IS BALANCED! IT SAYS CHAMPION CONCEPTS IN THE FORUM YOUR ******ED DUMBASS! you really think riot even cares about the stats on any of the abilities? if your do your stupider than a troll which i still think your are. oh and just cuz your a tard im gonna come out with a more imba champ your ****tard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoing (Hozzászólás 15042033)
Whatever. -1 to you, don't let me catch you making something even more broken than this disgrace. oh and im a ******bag