League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Worst dominion champs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1274853)

tamzooka 09-23-2011 11:18 PM

Worst dominion champs

My vote is TF. If you don't stack ms, you get eaten alive by all the mobility champs.

SeCKS Egai 09-24-2011 12:15 AM

he's actually pretty useful with his wild cards and his ult actually.

Yvo 09-24-2011 12:16 AM

Swain. Without his ult actually healing him for anything significant, there's no reason whatsoever to play him over another more powerful mage.

CollectiveVolta 09-24-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamzooka (Hozzászólás 14872917)
My vote is TF. If you don't stack ms, you get eaten alive by all the mobility champs.

I have actually done REALLY good going Atmogs on him, since maxing his W early gives you insane utility and you still have a lot of durability from Warmogs, making it also fairly easy to defend alone points being captured across the map with your ult, while also the backdoor-capturing possibility is still there as useful as always.

I have around 70% W/L ratio (on him) using this playstyle (general W/L ratio is around 1.4:1 in 35-40 games). Start with Mercs and pots, 2 points in W for the increased stun duration in gold card and the remaining 1 point is situational, lvl 1 Q´s dmg is negligible but it can greatly help to AoE break the early Top turret captures from a long range, tho the E gives you a bit more damage on your AAs (negligible) and a bit of CDR (CDR is always good), so its really situational I usually leave it un-skilled until I see how top goes and skill it accordingly on the fly.

You pretty much play a Support role disabling everyone with gold card, pushing everything with red card, and defending like a boss because the early Mercs is just unmatchable for defending a point alone, and when you get ult just proceed to defend/backdoor across the map. You play Support-ish until you get Atmas which will make you a bit scarier in fights and you can pretty much 1v1 any diver if you can micro your gold cards or get lucky if you dont know the patterns.

TF is very viable to me.

I dont think there is any non-viable champion in Dominion at all. Ive seen a huge variety of unusual champions doing insane stuff there by just adapting their playstyle/builds to the mode.

If I were to mention a champion that "might" be the worst, from watching the list of all champions, Id say MAYBE either Olaf, Shen or Vlad could be underwhelming althought I havent seen Shens/Vlads yet, and the Olaf I saw was just meh.

Olaf could still be useful with the true damage and the cc-immune ult.

Shen could still be useful with his still-global-range ult and AoE taunt for the small skirmishes.

Vlad could still be useful if you were to make something like poke-based comps or if you are facing squishy champs or a lot of mages who dont get mr-per-level so you can poke them until they are forced out of points. Also I can see his ult working here quite effectively, in paper.

Those are the only ones I saw from the entire list that could really be "underwhelming" in the mode in my eyes, but as I said, they could still be good with those features and I just havent seen it.

Every champion is viable and good in Dominion imho, some harder than others, but they can all potentially be good picks.

WagBoss 09-24-2011 12:43 AM

viegar and nasus because they can't farm

Talamare 09-24-2011 12:43 AM

Veigar is said to be the worst

but who cares, pick him and own face

Hobocop 09-24-2011 12:45 AM

Nasus is actually a very strong defender. Spirit Fire can deny captures for an extended period of time, and clears minion waves very quickly if you max it first.

CollectiveVolta 09-24-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WagBoss (Hozzászólás 14875167)
viegar and nasus because they can't farm

That was my initial thought too before I played Dominion, like how could they do anything here, but actually I have seen some really REALLY strong Veigars and Nasus around, and I think it was in saintvicious stream where I saw people playing Veigar and just stomping face (stun's threshold actually covers pretty much perfectly the capture area, so stopping a multiple-champ capture with him is a breeze), and some Nasus's doing quite well too since the "meta" there seems to be full tanky dps / highly mobile team, Nasus counters very effectively both, even with an unfarmed Q, and his E also covers the capture area to break multiple captures easily.

Tren 09-24-2011 12:52 AM

What about Ezreal

Sidt 09-24-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollectiveVolta (Hozzászólás 14875129)
If I were to mention a champion that "might" be the worst, from watching the list of all champions, Id say MAYBE either Olaf, Shen or Vlad could be underwhelming althought I havent seen Shens/Vlads yet, and the Olaf I saw was just meh.

Olaf is a very strong pick in dominion.

he skips his weak early game and jumps right into the mid, nearly late game instantly because of how dominion works. and his late game is one of THE most powerful if he gets items, which he will considering the gold gain on dominion is HUGE.