League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Support characters and their place in Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1273264)

coffeerox 09-23-2011 05:04 PM

Support characters and their place in Dominion

I just got off of a game using Soraka and Sona. They are definitely viable and VERY good if you have tanks and DPS to back you up. Often times, I come in with Sona and wherever I am, it's usually turn things around. Coming up to a turret with Cresendo is ridiculous, and using Garrison to nerf thier tower (or to defend your tower) is very good.

Soraka can make saves from across the map if you're paying attention and in a big teamfight, we already know she is one of the best. Keep silencing an important member of their team, spam Starcall and heal the right targets. The enemy Talon said I ****ed our team, but at the time, I was #1 in the score.

I'm gonna use Taric next since nobody wants to play with him. I already did Sivir and she is AWESOME early game. It secured our victory because we got Windmill first and my boomerang did so much damage to the 3 people trying to come up. She is so-so mid game but late game she is pretty good.

coffeerox 09-23-2011 06:37 PM

Won with Taric when my comp didn't crash this time LOL! Taric is one of the lower end Support champions but he isn't too bad. I fought off 3 people at the same time with Garrison, attack speed and some ability power. You can keep healing yourself but I felt that my build wasn't optimized.

I had a Priscilla's Blessing so when things are looking good, I would go neutralize one of their abandoned towers. If it remotely looks like they can catch up to me, I run away to safety. The thing is, the other support champions can do this too so this doesn't make Taric more better or unique.

Robotick 09-23-2011 06:40 PM

I dont know is you can call alistar a support, but he his really good in DOM

Morello 09-23-2011 06:40 PM

It's like people are discovering things! ;)

Harate 09-23-2011 06:42 PM

yeah I love how some random persons one good game means something is viable

Delrune 09-23-2011 06:43 PM

I find karma to actually be quite powerful, shield makes wonderful bait and soul bond allows roamers to move quicker. just build CDR and tanky and you win

Hobocop 09-23-2011 06:44 PM

Karma is a great support for Dominion, as is Janna.

coffeerox 09-23-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harate (Hozzászólás 14861799)
yeah I love how some random persons one good game means something is viable

The thing is, a lot of people speculate on what works or doesn't without actually trying it out. What I did was go in there, make the leap and play these characters that are generally thought of as 'not good'.

Yeah I had more good games than bad (1 bad one w/ Taric but my comp crashed so we lost quickly on that one) but I don't think that should diminish what I found.

Oh yeah, like previously mentioned, Janna is an excellent support and Alistar is great as well. I've seen some Kayle players but I haven't played her and haven't seen enough so I can't really comment too much about her.

Tytrus 09-23-2011 06:59 PM

Kayle, period.

Harate 09-23-2011 07:00 PM

I'm just saying get a little more data than one game. I agree about Janna she's my main and I enjoy her being able to fulfill roles in Dom. I still don't see how the other supports with less utility can be consistently useful.