League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   "data analysis" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1271649)

nukular power 09-23-2011 10:17 AM

"data analysis"

Must say I'm a bit confused. Yesterday, Riot announced that Dominion would be up for a limited time, OFF PEAK testing of server load. However, yesterday, the test was (happily) extended from a 2 hour window to a 10ish hour one, leaving the testing open for "on-peak" time too.

So, now we've all seen that the servers won't explode from onpeak Dominion. What is left to beta test? I would have understood keeping it off for analysis if the test hadn't been extended so far, but a direct stress test has already been done, no?

So, in short, cough it up Riot! XD

idioSyncr4zy 09-23-2011 10:21 AM

There were 6-8 minute queues last night... the servers didn't explode, but imagine what would happen on a weekend... you're looking at 10-12 minute queues or worse. It's not fun to wait 10 minutes to play a 10 minute game. I think last night's test was more to get a lot of players to try it out so when they actually release it, there might be a lighter load and a shorter queue.

Kwisatz Haderach 09-23-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy (Hozzászólás 14842679)
There were 6-8 minute queues last night... the servers didn't explode, but imagine what would happen on a weekend... you're looking at 10-12 minute queues or worse. It's not fun to wait 10 minutes to play a 10 minute game. I think last night's test was more to get a lot of players to try it out so when they actually release it, there might be a lighter load and a shorter queue.

hell no dude they went up to 45m you obviously didn't play during the last 2 hours it was up...there were tons of forum posts about it including a blue notification in game about the super long queues

SmallKiwi 09-23-2011 10:25 AM

Weird.... I never once had a queue longer than 30 or 40 seconds. Usually less than 15. Was this affecting players of all summoner levels? We're not talking about login queue, right? We're talking about Finding a Match queue?

idioSyncr4zy 09-23-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach (Hozzászólás 14842725)
hell no dude they went up to 45m you obviously didn't play during the last 2 hours it was up...there were tons of forum posts about it including a blue notification in game about the super long queues

oh wow... yeah, when I stopped playing it was an 8 minute wait. Just makes my point stronger, though.

Robotick 09-23-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy (Hozzászólás 14842679)

Waiting 10 minutes or even 3 hour to play a game is better than not playing the game at all

Rocket27 09-23-2011 10:26 AM

The insane queues only effected blind pick, probably because there were immensely more people trying to play rammus every game :P

grimwyck 09-23-2011 10:26 AM

I played through the whole beta last night the last game i start was at 11:25...
I didn't have any query longer then 6 min and 30 seconds.. and actually at 11:25 est.... my query time went back down to a min and half.. not bad.. not bad at all.

idioSyncr4zy 09-23-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallKiwi (Hozzászólás 14842877)
Weird.... I never once had a queue longer than 30 or 40 seconds. Usually less than 15. Was this affecting players of all summoner levels? We're not talking about login queue, right? We're talking about Finding a Match queue?

Yes, the finding a match queue. I did not experience a log in queue last night. I'm also level 30 so the queues might be shorter for lower level players since there are significantly more level 30s than 20s.

NationalKid 09-23-2011 10:27 AM

Riot could shut all that afk rooms down if rly they want to sustain the server.