League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Read this if you lag in dominion!!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1271386)

Sakuroshin 09-23-2011 09:03 AM

Read this if you lag in dominion!!!

Your fps in Dominion will be lower then in summoners rift, Dominion uses the crystal scar map of which has significantly more animations and better textures. If the max fps you could get in summoners rift is 30 then it is very unlikely that you will be able to play in Cs.

OK! now your computer uses a graphics card to render and play games. Most store/retail bought computers under $900 wont have a good graphics card OR may not even have a dedicated graphics card in them (it uses your processor and on board ram instead WHICH IS BAD AND SLOW!!!) so if you want to be able to play any real games on your computer your going to need to upgraded your video card.

NEXT you need to check your computer and find out how much ram your have. If you have less then 2 gigabytes(holy **** that would suck) and are running on vista or windows 7 you will need to upgrade it! Lucky for you ram is dirt cheap right now~!

LAST if you only understood like 3 words from above Run DXDIAG in your start menu and post your:

Operating system
Processor
Memory
Graphics card (click on the display tab at the top and post the name of your graphics card)

and ether I or somebody will tell you why you cant play dominion well.

Here is an example system specifications post:

Operating system: Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6CPUs), `3.2GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Edit: I should add that in my own opinion anything under 30 fps is unplayable, to me it feels unresponsive, just an over all a bad experience, and I cant have fun or really get into it (also it gives me massive migraines)

PretoGil 09-23-2011 10:32 AM

Lol i run rift's at 12 fps and dominion at 9 fps :P (team fights at rift's drop do 7 fps and in dominion it just froze)

Rainzk 09-23-2011 10:35 AM

my college laptop (ECO-MODE OFF) runs 60-80fps SR and maintains 50+ in CR. It cost only like 500-700$
Its a Toshiba Satellite.

Sakuroshin 09-23-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainzk (Hozzászólás 14843348)
my college laptop (ECO-MODE OFF) runs 60-80fps SR and maintains 50+ in CR. It cost only like 500-700$
Its a Toshiba Satellite.

Well you were probably smart and got a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and a decent amount of ram. my $900 estimate is just what im going by from what I have seen around in best buy and other computer retail stores in the last 2 years.
(That $900 would be for an entire computer with monitor and such)

Phrosen911 09-23-2011 04:15 PM

i dont play on a microwave, sorry

Swirleyy 09-23-2011 06:54 PM

I am also lagging

operating system: windows vista home premium 32-bit
processor:Intel (R) Premium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
memory: 5110 MB RAM
no graphics card.
waht should i do to fix this lag in dominion?
my ping always stay the same whether it is in dominion or classic but the lag itself is horrible. I cant even move my screen without lagging

BlkZen 09-23-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuroshin (Hozzászólás 14839512)
Your fps in Dominion will be lower then in summoners rift, Dominion uses the crystal scar map of which has significantly more animations and better textures. If the max fps you could get in summoners rift is 30 then it is very unlikely that you will be able to play in Cs.

OK! now your computer uses a graphics card to render and play games. Most store/retail bought computers under $900 wont have a good graphics card OR may not even have a dedicated graphics card in them (it uses your processor and on board ram instead WHICH IS BAD AND SLOW!!!) so if you want to be able to play any real games on your computer your going to need to upgraded your video card.

NEXT you need to check your computer and find out how much ram your have. If you have less then 2 gigabytes(holy **** that would suck) and are running on vista or windows 7 you will need to upgrade it! Lucky for you ram is dirt cheap right now~!

LAST if you only understood like 3 words from above Run DXDIAG in your start menu and post your:

Operating system
Processor
Memory
Graphics card (click on the display tab at the top and post the name of your graphics card)

and ether I or somebody will tell you why you cant play dominion well.

Here is an example system specifications post:

Operating system: Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6CPUs), `3.2GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Dude stfu, i run a sli tower with plenty of ram and a 10gb internet connection. the lag is not on my end. QED.

Sakuroshin 09-23-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swirleyy (Hozzászólás 14862363)
operating system: windows vista home premium 32-bit
processor:Intel (R) Premium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
memory: 5110 MB RAM
no graphics card.
waht should i do to fix this lag in dominion?
my ping always stay the same whether it is in dominion or classic but the lag itself is horrible. I cant even move my screen without lagging

A graphics card will definitely help, however only so much. The Pentium D is a very old processor now. A graphics card should make Cs playable however before you buy one find out what type of video card slot you have and if you have a good enough power supply. Best advice if you don't know any of that stuff is to take it to a computer retail store and ask.

Edit: Also windows vista 32 bit has a max ram capacity of 4 gigabytes so you have about a gigabyte in there that is literally doing nothing

Sakuroshin 09-23-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkZen (Hozzászólás 14862494)
Dude stfu, i run a sli tower with plenty of ram and a 10gb internet connection. the lag is not on my end. QED.

Well first off I doubt league of legends get any benefits from sli, and second the specs in the 1st post are mine and i get my max 75 FPS in Cs. I'm not sure on the specific driver but my friend had a reply from riot telling him that certain Nvidia driver are not supported ( he had to roll back like 3 updates to stop freezing.) perhaps that is your issue?

Second what cards do you have in Sli whats the processor etc. have you tried running LoL with just one card? point is saying you have cardss in sli means nothing, I could have 2 geforce 580s in sli but be running them on a athlon64 single core processor essentially making them useless

And last I doubt you have a 10 gigabit per second internet connection, at least to yourself with all that bandwidth available.(if you do plz provide link to the company supplying it as I want in on that)

Edit: I do agree that there could be latency issues server side, however this thread is about Frames per second

gjaller 09-23-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PretoGil (Hozzászólás 14843236)
Lol i run rift's at 12 fps and dominion at 9 fps :P (team fights at rift's drop do 7 fps and in dominion it just froze)

LoL Slideshow veiwer? That must be fun.