League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 34

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Champion Balance and Dominion beta (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1262971)

Morello 09-21-2011 02:07 PM

Champion Balance and Dominion beta

Hey guys,

As expected, there's many balance threads about Dominion after this morning's beta. Discussing your experiences and theory-crafting is always fun to do, and I encourage!

However, I want to set expectations extremely clearly here;

You guys have a very small window of anecdotal evidence to look at. It's not really possible to accurately judge a game's balance on 120 minutes of brand new experiences. As such, while I love the discussion and will probably jump in a bit myself, understand that we're going to let you guys discover things and let the game mature a bit. Other than something egregious that gets discovered, we likely won't be making any changes for Dominion immediately on the balance front. It's just too small of a window to tell.

So, when you see something that seems strong, attempt to counter it. Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are. Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience :)

EDIT: Still applies after two days ;)

EDIT 2: Anivia is amazing on Dominion. Malzahar and Brand are beasts too.

EDIT 3: Launch day! Still valid :P

EDIT 4: Match History 9/26: Zero bruisers and wins!

NotFarlong 09-21-2011 02:09 PM

Evelynn OP

P S Y 09-21-2011 02:09 PM

hi

LegendaryHobos 09-21-2011 02:09 PM

I played 1 game of dominion, there fore I have the right to say this one thing.
Cheese.

Nosticlol 09-21-2011 02:10 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1262913

Chry 09-21-2011 02:10 PM

Hey Morello -

Why can't you do balancing for each game mode (IE: The heroes have different stats for SR and CS?)

This seems the easiest so you don't have fanboys from each game mode crying at every patch.

edit: I agree with you whole heartedly. I think it will take at least a month before anyone can really know what kind of balance tweaks need to be made.

BigDaddyDelish 09-21-2011 02:10 PM

Yup, I will tell you first hand that Riftwalk/Powerball spamming to towers will not net you an easy win against competent opponents for example.

And Garen is not the all powerful god that people are making him out to be. Or he is, and the 4 garens I played with were just so terrible at him (even though they had skins) that they are 600 elo in SR games (of which they are not after checking).

So far, I'm most afraid of snowball champs more than early game stompers or super mobile ninjas since snowball champs can get items really really fast, but I do agree with Morello. We have to play more before we can really start making claims of what is op/up.

Titan Tactics 09-21-2011 02:10 PM

Totally agree Morello. I just hope you dont always release that 2 hour limited beta times near the same time frame, let some other player base play.. which could be what your gonna do, we don't know, but your right, nobody should be saying somethings op or up right now

Vuliev 09-21-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morello (Hozzászólás 14758292)
Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience :)

THIS, oh my god this. Posted in so many threads about how easy is was to do well with Kennen/Kassadin, yet I keep seeing "casters UP WTF CAN'T MANAGE MY MANA NEED BLUE HURF DURF"

What's more, I had plenty of casters in my games. Kat, Brand, Lux, Karthus, all of them did well. Hopefully, they'll keep at it and not give in to the hivemind.

Beelzenic 09-21-2011 02:13 PM

zomg

Edit:
So if I'm human, I'll never get to try Dominion?

I woke up this morning to discover, after getting the necessary 9 hours of sleep I usually require, that the first dominion beta window had come and passed not more than 2 hours before I woke up.

Seriously Riot?

I don't even work or anything, I specifically foresaw this when I was conceived in the womb, and consequently wasted my life so I would be unemployed and have no girlfriend to distract me from dominion, and I miss the beta window simply because I had to sleep. Clearly your fault.

Edit 2: Played dominion, it was so good I forgot about the orgy I organized.