League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Zilean the Time Shifting Vampire (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=125833)

Ace Mckick 06-01-2010 12:57 PM

Zilean the Time Shifting Vampire

Alright so this is my first guide, but it only comes about as a result of everyone harping on how Zilean is now a worthless character. Hardly the case

Zilean, Chronokeeper
In the wastelands of Urtistan, there was once a great city-state. It perished long ago in a terrible Rune War, like most of the lands below the Great Barrier. However, one man survived. He was a man obsessed with time, a sorcerer who dwelled in the giant Clock Tower of Urtistan named Zilean. As the Rune War devastated his homeland, he experimented with powerful temporal magic that he hoped would bring peace. Instead of perishing with the rest of his kind, Zilean survived and was afflicted with chrono-displasia. This mystical disease made him immortal, but also made him detached in time. His consciousness now drifts through time, from any point he has already lived to the present. Zilean's greatest curse is that he sometimes experiences Urtistan as it once was and the rest of the time resides in its lonely ruins. The Chronokeeper has joined the League of Legends hoping to either find a cure for himself or a way to bring his people back from the past.

''The Chronokeeper is never in a rush. He has all the time in the world.''

---Introduction----
This guide will inform players on how Zilean can work extremely well as a support nuker with amazing survivability.

----Champion Abilities----
Passive: Heightened Learning
Increases Experience gain of all allied champion by 8%.

Q: Time Bomb (8.5 seconds)
Zilean places a time-delayed bomb on a target. After 4 seconds this bomb will detonate, dealing 100/155/210/270/330 (+.9 ability power) magic damage to all surrounding enemies.

This is your main attacking and harassing ability, your source of income, and an all around heal with your amazing spell vamp. Not only are you getting healed for the damage you do to one enemy, but you get healed for the area damage you do, which when facing a large creep wave can easily restore over 30% of your health.

W: Rewind (15.3/12.75/10.2/7.65/5.1 seconds)
Reduces all of Chronokeeper's cooldowns by 10 seconds.

This is a part of your nuke heal minion wave destroying combo and should not be taken lightly.

E: Time Warp (17 seconds)
Zilean slows an enemy champion's movement speed or increases an allied champion's movement speed by 55% for 2.5/3.25/4/4.75/5.5 seconds.

Either to be used as a self buff (probably seeing as how this build has no boots) or a great slow to keep enemies in range of your amazing damage output. While this skill doesn't do damage it can make or break a fight in 1v1 and stop a fed champion from escaping a team fight.

R: Chrono Shift (153/136/119 seconds)
Marks the target with a protective time rune for 15 seconds, if the target would take lethal damage they are instead transported back in time regaining 500 / 750 / 1,000 (+ability power) of their health.

This skill quite literally makes you a god among men, not only can you use it to save your own skin, you can use it to keep any of your team mates alive assuming that the enemy team doesn't (stupidly) focus on you.

-----Items-----

This build relies on items heavily, which is fine since you are one of the best farmers in the game, but there are several options as to which major item to get first. Generally I start with an amplifying tome and a health potion. this gives me some staying power in my lane and allows me to take a couple hits.

after I get enough gold i go ahead and upgrade the tome into the Hextech Revolver for some early spell vamp and try to start working on my archangels.

Getting the Tears of a goddess early is a huge part of this because you need as much mana as possible so you can stack AP like no ones business.

after completing your archangels focus on turning your hextech into the will of the ancients and starting to build another one for the gun blade. This is another selling point for this character, since we are scrapping move speed it is important to keep the enemy within your range. with 2 slows they are almost assured to be trapped with you. not only does it give you even more spell vamp it also synergizes with your auto attacking during cool downs to heal you more.

Shortly after getting you gunblade you want to get DFG, it will act as a part of your nuking combo and be one of the determining factors for how many kills you can get as a support nuker.

Next you want to get either another hextech revolver, which adds some more spell vamp and some much needed AP or you can start crafting your zhonyas.

All in all your full combo should be hextech gunblade for the slow, deathfires grasp, timebomb, rewind, timebomb, and finally your timewarp to catch them with slow again. this ensures that they will either waste a cleanse before you use DFG in which case your timewarp to slow again then use DFG or just after you have placed a bomb again you timewarp to slow. Huge nuke damage and you are healed for ober 70% of your damage done. Note that your timebombs are area spells thus granting more healing for the already squishy character. If you are being focused make sure to cast Chronoshift on yourself as to stop the enemy team from getting you as a kill.