League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 19

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Congratulations to Grez on 1000 referrals, a League of Legends first! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=125791)

ByronicHero 06-01-2010 12:18 PM

Congratulations to Grez on 1000 referrals, a League of Legends first!

1 Attachment(s)
Runeterrans! We know that ever since we launched many of you have been hard at work spreading the word about League of Legends far and wide. But there is one summoner amongst you who has single-handedly bolstered the ranks of League of Legends with more fervor than any other. His name is Grez, and he is the first summoner to reach the reward tier for 1000 friend referrals of at least level 10. And not only did he reach this loft goal, but he significantly surpassed it. Currently, Grez has over 1,500 referrals! That’s more than enough people than serve in an entire battalion of soldiers!
<o></o>
And so, in honor of his unwavering dedication to the League, we have decided that the Lizard Elder at the heart of the Twisted Treeline shall be known from this point on as Grez, the Lizard Lord! The Riot Games Staff salutes you, Grez! The next time you smite the Lizzard on Twisted Treeline, think of us!
<o></o>
Now, we know a lot of you want to tell your friends about League of Legends, but are still trying to muster up the courage to take that first step. So to help you take the plunge, we’ll soon be adding a new reward tier. If just one of your friend referrals reaches summoner level 10 in League of Legends, we’ll add a ceremonial shield to your League of Legends forum account. But, if you want to have your name immortalized by achieving a gameplay element to call your very own, you should probably make sure that you’ve got your referral link out there!

Dr Dan 06-01-2010 12:20 PM

my god its not possible!

Where did he find 1500 people???

EDIT: What skin did he choose? I saw that thread a while back

Kamikaze101 06-01-2010 12:26 PM

The Internet

ggNate 06-01-2010 12:30 PM

Congrats Grez, an amazing feat to say the least.

LadyEve 06-01-2010 12:31 PM

That's....
that's a lot o.o

Cevol 06-01-2010 12:32 PM

Wow, the spamming that must have been.

I swear, If I go on /b/ and find his link spammed over the board...

Reivur 06-01-2010 12:38 PM

My friends are all procrastinators. I linked 'em the referral and they're all "yeah yeah eventually", and when they finally play they just register without the referral link. I hate them all in a loving compassionate way. ;_;

k0b3 CleoFairy 06-01-2010 12:45 PM

I've let a lot of my friends know about this game since referring came out.

I forgot to refer every last one of em.

congalong 06-01-2010 12:51 PM

Nice. What skin did he choose?

Hassurunous 06-01-2010 12:52 PM

Same here. I've gotten 20-some-odd people into this game in the past 3 weeks and none of them used the **** link and I forgot to give the link to most of them. XD