League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 34

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PETITION: Camera angle correction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1239123)

Reynmaker 09-15-2011 07:07 PM

PETITION: Camera angle correction

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Seeing as there are more than a few threads in here all about the same thing: the disadvantageous view playing from the purple team, and the way that the HUD blocks ranged players especially with locked camera views, I thought I'd start a petition just to see how many persons would really like to see this change implemented for Summoners Rift. I've attached a sketchup quickie to assist in what I think we'd all like to see in terms of camera angles for the game, so please vote and let me know what you think.

I'll also add, that many more people play the game than visit the forums, so if you know of anyone who feels the same way, whether it be for or against, give them a headzup so they can pop in and vote also.

Killer Shrews 09-16-2011 02:34 AM

This is a neat idea, but I'd imagine that it would be hard to implement.
Mind you many serious players generally play with an unlocked screen.

Reynmaker 09-16-2011 12:32 PM

Another purple loss :( and the way the game went, I KNOW we would have had them if we were blue. I don't get why riot would implement this locked view when so many modern games have dynamic views. Pushing 2nd leg of top lane from purple almost feels zoomed in and near vertical.

So many threads on the same topic, barely any technical feedback on the matter.

rudoggivic 09-16-2011 09:31 PM

how come no one is jumping on this? 6 people?

Suitmonster 09-17-2011 08:01 AM

I am a new player, and I never even KNEW there was another side until I started PVP with some friends. I immediately realized how hard it would be for me, but when I tried mid as Kennen vs. Gragas my fury eclipsed the hottest pulsar in the universe.

Please please please at least let me flip the UI so the big stuff is at the top and the bottom is mostly clear. Half my deaths when playing purple side are from "mini map ninja ganks" where Shin or Jax or someone jumps on me from behind my own mini map.

Custom sadface in effect!

wilzou 09-17-2011 11:57 PM

I agree, yes !

Reynmaker 09-18-2011 03:01 PM

Just did a 17/2/8 Blue normal, as opposed to my last Purple of 1/10/3. Unlocked screen is not a need, it's nice to use but if I look at the mini map and I see 2 red chasing one green, I know things are hot in that lane and hovering over the icon gives life stats, I don't necessarily need to pan my camera over there to 'see' what's actually happening.

Please RIOT, I'll download a second rift and updated camera angles if need be, but really, change the view for purple, really.

SagaciousSpawn 09-18-2011 04:04 PM

Why not just make it an option? Then everyone's happy.

Treekin 09-19-2011 08:23 AM

I don't know what the complaining is about. I have never, in all my now almost 900 games, an issue with the camera angles. But then again thats just me. I think having an aption of being able to lock the camera angle (Just the angle, mind you) to one of 4 spots (Faceing north, south, east, or west) and one more for how it is now. Then, you should be able to fine tune it from there.

DontSmokeCrack 09-19-2011 08:57 AM

I play unlocked and purple still bugs the **** outta me. I'm glad someone else has realized the awkward angles too. It's not as if you're looking straight down at a square, you're almost looking at it in that awkward 2.5D (like playing the Spyro games for GBA or Kingdom hearts: Chain of Memories.) It's such a pain in the butt. I rarely ever win matches on the purple side, whether or not i'm playing one of my favorite champions (and therefor someone I know that I'm good with). A screen mirror mode would be cool, I'm sure it's difficult to program (or some bull---- like that), but it would certainly be a wonderful feature to have.