League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   lack of summons in game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=123911)

noodle0117 05-29-2010 10:10 PM

lack of summons in game

Summons - Creatures or minions conjured with the purpose of following their master's bidding.

Personally, I think there is a lack of summons and summon based heroes in the game.
Currently, the only heroes who are capable of creating summons are Annie, Shaco (although its more of an illusion than a summon), and hermerdinger (but those are turrets and not really creatures). In dota, there was an item that let you create your own summoned units, and there were at least 6-7 heroes who revolve around the concept of controlling minions. Now I know this is LoL and not dota, but the lack of summon based heroes seems to make gameplay less diverse.
I mean, with summons, you can do so much such as farm with them, jungle with them, use them to scout out places, use them as additional dps, use them to push ect. ect. ect.

So why aren't there more heroes who can create powerful creatures on there own?

sweatersDC 05-29-2010 10:11 PM

Um the new champion is going to have minions

05-29-2010 10:11 PM

Mordekaiser

Erotic Bears 05-29-2010 10:12 PM

-Shrug.-

I don't think anyone can really answer you, as far as I know, they just haven't gotten around to.

But, the upcoming Malzahar is going to summon a minion whenever he casts 7 spells or so due to his passive. I just wish they'd come up with a Champion like Furion. I loved jungling with him. <3

metagames 05-29-2010 10:12 PM

Because the engine sucks for this sort of thing. Have you tried to deselect your champion? In DotA you can, in LoL you can't... and it's pretty clunky controlling multiple units in LoL.

Then again just wait for Malhazar. Seems like Riot is already working to address your issue.

TapiocaBall 05-29-2010 10:12 PM

We should bring Chen to LoL and have him be capable of controlling Baron.

noodle0117 05-29-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TapiocaBall (Hozzászólás 1431680)
We should bring Chen to LoL and have him be capable of controlling Baron.

a chen hero would be nice.
NEED MOAR JUNGLERS!

Dimensionist 05-29-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle0117 (Hozzászólás 1431664)
Summons - Creatures or minions conjured with the purpose of following their master's bidding.

Personally, I think there is a lack of summons and summon based heroes in the game.
Currently, the only heroes who are capable of creating summons are Annie, Shaco (although its more of an illusion than a summon), and hermerdinger (but those are turrets and not really creatures). In dota, there was an item that let you create your own summoned units, and there were at least 6-7 heroes who revolve around the concept of controlling minions. Now I know this is LoL and not dota, but the lack of summon based heroes seems to make gameplay less diverse.
I mean, with summons, you can do so much such as farm with them, jungle with them, use them to scout out places, use them as additional dps, use them to push ect. ect. ect.

So why aren't there more heroes who can create powerful creatures on there own?

ITT: Players that die too much wanting more summons.

If you want this game to be about summon battles go play (insert favorite RTS game here)

Keep the summons to a bare minimum otherwise we're going to have crazy summon battles and we'll be back to the whole promote fiasco.

I can see it now: five man premade team: At level 6 everyone uses their summons and soraka heals. GG

Tennex 05-29-2010 10:21 PM

0.0 they dont have the tech to do it. right now the summon control system is only good for one summoned creature. it works great for that purpose in mind. but there is really no drag box selection or anything of that sort that is usually present in a RTS.

Dimensionist 05-29-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennex (Hozzászólás 1431737)
0.0 they dont have the tech to do it. right now the summon control system is only good for one summoned creature. it works great for that purpose in mind. but there is really no drag box selection or anything of that sort that is usually present in a RTS.

That's the way it should be IMHO.