League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   the beta (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1238544)

brummertj 09-15-2011 04:45 PM

the beta

its a nice idea and looking forward to it,
although i remember them saying it wld come out late august? oh well better late than never

also those off peak hours they are talking about testing it in are about to become the peek hours :)

Brackhar 09-15-2011 04:51 PM

I don't think we ever said "In august" just "shortly after PAX." Remember PAX was already like the last weekend of August in the first place.

Robotick 09-15-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brackhar (Hozzászólás 14474564)
I don't think we ever said "In august" just "shortly after PAX." Remember PAX was already like the last weekend of August in the first place.

Three week later is not shortly....

Conath 09-15-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotick (Hozzászólás 14474700)
Three week later is not shortly....

unfortunately words like soon, shortly, large, small, etc. are relative and and provides companies with extremely poor time management an escape.

also in the case of Riot we were told to expect the unexpected so if you are told shortly the unexpected would be never.

Fenthis 09-15-2011 04:59 PM

3 weeks later could have been them trying to assure it was ready unfortunately they were unable... shortly isn't a set time duration and considering the time it took for them to make this shortly is actually quiet long. all we need is zilean to stop casting rewind. -_-

NEED MOAR DOWNVOTES!!!

TalkGibberish 09-15-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conath (Hozzászólás 14474867)
unfortunately words like soon, shortly, large, small, etc. are relative and and provides companies with extremely impatient fanbases some flexibility.

Fixed because you dont understand how the world works

DexterLaboratory 09-15-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brackhar (Hozzászólás 14474564)

I was watching the dreamhack stream and I thought the EU announcer said that dominion would be out right after pax. That's probably why everyone is thinking right after pax.

BlindandCynical 09-15-2011 05:05 PM

In my opinion saying nothing is better then saying shortly.

Conath 09-15-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkGibberish (Hozzászólás 14475044)
I let people walk all over me because they will definitely like me if I'm their tool

Fixed because you don't understand how the world avoids work.

Neoseanster 09-15-2011 05:05 PM

Considering that the development time for a project like this is measured in months or even years, three weeks seems to me like it still qualifies as "shortly."

You won't hear me complaining about being misled at anything less than two months or so, not that I don't hope it comes out sooner. Folks gotta learn to be patient.