League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dr. Mundo Tips? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=122346)

Attack Power 05-27-2010 12:53 PM

Dr. Mundo Tips?

Need random tips for using Dr. Mundo

W Blademan 05-27-2010 01:22 PM

Mundo goes where he pleases.
Cleaver, ALWAYS!
Wait a few levels b4 taking a point in Burning Agony as it can be the deciding factor in your death.
GET SPIRIT VISAGE! I can't stress this enough. Most mundos i see don't get it and idk why. It increases your ult and your basic health regen by 25% ! And it gives u cd reduc so u can spam ur ult more often, at max CD reduc u can use it every 36 sec. And u regen between 70 and 80% of ur health in 20 secs.
Masochism works on turrets.
If your going for damage, get AS and lifesteal can really help.

Enemy Minion 05-27-2010 01:39 PM

Regen Bead + Health Pots
Regen Bead -> Spirit Visage
Boots -> Merc or Ninja
Zeal
Executioner's
Zeal
Zeal -> Phantom Dancer
Survivability item if needed
Zeal -> Moar Phantom Dancers

Skill Priority

R - Q - E - W

Ult is can't die = super cool.
Q is spam scaling damage = super cool.
E is chop people up = super cool.
W is light urself on fire and die = not so cool.

Tonnes of Dmg 05-27-2010 02:04 PM

^
An Infinity Edge is good to add to the mix as a luxury item. You'll be dealing crazy damage headbutts.

Carados 05-27-2010 02:15 PM

Yeah, don't build tank. Cleaver should never be off cooldown for over a second. At the very least, use it to check brush. It's one of the best last hitting skills in the game, you shouldn't have any problems farming.

Mr Wind Up Bird 05-27-2010 06:59 PM

Cleaver spam is key.

On SR, a DPS build is most likely to be good for your team. Prioritize Masochism over Burning Agony, and get Crit chance and AS. I like boots of swiftness because you tend to do a lot of running into and out of battle. Teamfights tend to go something along the lines of "kill a guy, hit R, run away, cleaver a couple of times, run back in, continue murdering." Also, DPS mundo tends to use Burning Agony to mitigate stuns, not for DPS. Turn it off if no CC is likely to come.

On TT, your builds are really flexible. You do solid damage regardless of your items, so get whatever will help your team or annoy the other team the most. I'm a big fan of stacking sunfire capes vs. Jax or getting Warmog's vs. nukes, but there's nothing wrong with just zeal stacking like it's SR if the other team doesn't give you a reason not to.

edits: Note that DPS does not necessarily mean glass cannon. You do a lot of damage before items, but you need to stand next to people. This means that you both need and can afford to get some survivability. Sometimes Spirit Visage will be enough on its own, but sometimes you need to pick up something more. Be sure to keep your eyes open and not get too attached to a single specific build.

Earth Kyngdom 05-23-2012 03:57 PM

Well, I guess I've been doing it wrong. I usually build up to a Warmog's, then boot, then more Warmogs.

As for abilities, I start with E, then alternate between it and W until level five, when I get his Q, then use just those two unless R is ready to level, then Q when no other choice is there.

Dane Belthound 05-23-2012 05:34 PM

I do:

cloth + 5
Ninja Tabi
Spirit Visage
Regrowth
Giants Belt
Zeal
WM
Wits End
Phage
Then at this point you can look for a trinity, or PD and Frozen Mallet.

TFA CaptainAsia 05-24-2012 04:00 PM

I play Jungle Dr Mundo.
My route is wolves->blue->(invade if possible)->wraiths->golems->red->(gank or back)
My build is ->cloth 5xhp->ninja tabi->heart of gold->warmog's->atma's->phantom dancer->(spirit visage for mr or thornmail for armour or if you are really wanting more mr get a fon)->then Wit's end for more damage or some defence items.
My skill sequence is Max W for fast clear times then E for the ad buff then leave Q for last because i only use it in ganks for slows not damage
My summoners are smite and exhaust. I run exhaust so i can win most duels with opposing junglers that i end up having.
Solo top Mundo is a different story, maxing Q then E then W instead.
Overall Mundo is a very very fast jungler which is why I like him and he has better ganks than Shyvanna who is on par.

TheOneMillion 05-24-2012 07:36 PM

If only this post wasnt from 2 years ago. Grow up.