League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Riot Games is hiring Web Developers and Web Designers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=120695)

Pendragon 05-24-2010 08:18 PM

Riot Games is hiring Web Developers and Web Designers

Summoners,

Many of you have made great suggestions about new web features we should add, as well as new improvements that we should make. Right now, we have a pretty big todo list that we think you'll be really excited about. This list is way too long to write out in its entirety, but it includes things like:
  • Clicking the Riot Icon takes you to the next Riot post in a thread
  • Changing time zone on the forums
  • Displaying your summoner icon as your forum avatar
  • A reputation system
  • APIs to allow developers to use player and game data
  • Mirroring competitive features (like ladders) to the website
  • Many more!

To do all of this though, however, takes time, and we’re working ‘round the clock to finish everything as quickly as we can! But we’d really like to get it done faster!
If you’re a talented Web Developer or Web/UI Designer and you’d like to help us out with these improvements, we’re interested in hearing from you! For more information on the roles, please visit the following links:

Even if these aren’t the right positions for you, you may know someone qualified. If you refer someone for either position who ends up getting hired, we will give you 100,000 Riot Points 90 days after their start date. Just have them mention your name during their interview!

goldemerald 05-24-2010 08:26 PM

Cool!

Taenshi 05-24-2010 08:31 PM

Are these telecommute or onsite jobs?

05-24-2010 08:32 PM

This is a good step forward!

Pendragon 05-24-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Are these telecommute or onsite jobs?
They are on-site. If you're a senior web engineer we may consider a contract role with part-time on-site.

Sefam 05-24-2010 08:36 PM

Reputation System?

Come on, you don't want to make me and Udyr sad :(

We'll both have -500 rep...

I also notice you ask a lot of requirements to do these tasks, is it really that complicated? I mean, eating Lima's lunch IS complicated, so is stealing Red Bull from you Pendragon, I wouldn't even try myself.

:O

Spymethyl Crabide 05-24-2010 08:37 PM

Hey Pendragon, just wanna let you know, kudos to posting this on Facebook, everyone who talks on there is 1000x the quality of the community on the forums. Less 4chan.

Coinsidentally, please make the summoners code to be more rules-y, it get's annoying to have ******s on your team 24/7

noeCamron 05-24-2010 08:39 PM

700 dollars worth of RP? .. Well I guess I'm going to go make some web developer friends now.

Mang 05-24-2010 09:01 PM

good to see riot hiring more people

torankusu 05-24-2010 09:04 PM

YAY. I suggested the time zone thing like fifty times in IRC. ^_________^

I asked this before, too, but you said to bookmark one of your posts, but could we just get the option to see our post history in our account? :[

Thanks!