League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Windamere. He still exists.(Brief) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=117805)

CTHDRL 05-20-2010 11:57 AM

[Guide] Windamere. He still exists.(Brief)

Edit; this build is outdated (still works) I posted my new build at the bottom of this post.

Similar to my AP Ez guide this assumes you already have knowledge of this champions capabilities and knowledge of the game.
Edit; So About ~300 wins.

21/9/0

Crit + damage + AS + CD

Armor or MR; whichever you fear more and then DODGE.

Red = Arpen or Crit chance.
Yellow = DODGE
Blue = CDR@18 or MR (haven't tried MR yet; was suggested to me.)
Purple = Health or Arpen or Crit chance

Ignite + Cleanse

Skills.

Mocking Shout.
Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Spinning Slash
Bloodlust
Rage
etc

R-Q-E-W

Getting spinning slash first is IMO pretty stupid. With W you get a slow and a damage debuff. Spinning Slash gives you what; ~70 damage? Pfffft. 140 if you happen to hit both enemies in your lane. Which means you have to spin past both of them(Since in order to apply damage your origin has to pass through their origins), which means you have to waste time running back towards them to begin auto attacking. This whole time they've been wailing on your teammate. This is time you could have been autoattacking; time you could have been critting them to death.

W means you can take more hits from your enemies in those level 1 fights. Whether 2V2 or 5V5 jungle buff fight. It means that if the enemies decide to run and you and your lane partner are slow; well you can BOTH still catch up and kill them. It means that if your partner is focused and runs back to tower; you can slow his pursuers and run back yourself; both of you surviving.

Getting Spinning slash first is ******ed. Don't do it.

I've played around with a lot of item builds; and have settled on what I like best. At lower Elo's it is satisfactory to build tihngs like last whisper, 2-3 avarice blades etc. But you eventually NEED to get 8 stacks ASAP in EVERY fight. You need huge amounts of crit, some lifesteal and a little attack speed.

Vamp scepter
Avarice blade
Brawler's glove/boots1
Zeal
BFSword
Boots+
Cloak
IE
Cloak/Recurve
PD/Starks
Youmu

Starks
Youmu
Boots
IE
PD
Guardian's/Spirit Visage

Alternatively;

VampScepter/Brawlers +HP pots
Zeal
Executioners Calling
Boots*
Bf Sword
Cloak
IE
Recurve
Emblem/Starks
^
Cloak
Phantom Dancer
Guardian's/Spirit Visage

EC
PD
Boots*
IE
Starks
Guardian's/Visage

*Dodge boots or Merc treads. There isn't any reason to get any other boots.

-----------

P.S. Elixirs are situational. It is not easy to judge when to use them effectively. I would suggest elixirs to people with significant skill; because otherwise you may have just wasted a lot of gold and gimped your late-game item build.
They are high risk; high reward.

P.S.S. I'm not saying do not deviate from these builds. These builds are simply exemplifying what I find integral to playing Windamere. Certain team compositions will warrant you getting other items; or building other items in this setup sooner/later. Experiment and have fun, that's what the game is about.

------------

Do not use Q BEFORE you ult unless you know that Q will be off of CD by the time you ult.

Be conservative. It is not your job to initiate; you are a squishy HARD CARRY. Go for the squishy nukers or mass CCers.

Flank when possible.

Spinning slash should be for chasing, positioning yourself in battle or when you need to GTFO. Do not just uselessly spinning slash across a team. Your job is to crit for ~700+ every ~1.5 times a second.

Do not forget to use W to slightly gimp their physical DPS for a short period. Don't just use W for chasing; you could be saving lives instead!

Also W will light up and become active if someone is near you. Even if they're behind terrain/in a bush and out of sight. This has saved myself and my team from getting bush camped many times.

You are similar to Mundo. He goes where he pleases and you die when you please. If you died without wanting to then you need to reevaluate your playstyle. You are allowed to die; don't get me wrong. You can tank a tower for great justice. Tower dive for great justice (no more snowball stacks for you Annie). Tank a team for a fleeing teammate who needs to live; for great justice. Screw up Baron Nashor, for great justice.

You really are not impeded by death as other champions are since you do not rely on snowball items; and you can farm amazingly. So that ~30 seconds dead doesn't largely effect your gold income.

You can jungle epically. When soloing dragon remember to stand towards the back so you can spinning slash away if you are interrupted during your private moment.

Just remember that Windamere isn't Jax. You have to play him similar in concept to an assassin; in that you want to show up when NO ONE wants you there.

3 people almost dead because of Baron? RRROOAAARRRR. Triple kill. And for brownie points, grab baron while you're at it.

Fiddle might be getting golem buff? ROOOAARR.

Someone just went into Fog of War; likely to go B? RROOOARRRR

And again it is not your job to initiate. That is one of the biggest mistakes I see other Tryndamere's do. Windamere is not Jax, Windamere leaves initiating to initiators. And Windamere causes mass quits with mass crits.

There you are, enjoy yourselves. Windamere has a unique playstyle. Discover it and have a blast with one of the most underrated champions in the game.

Windamere will be much more noob friendly next patch when you will be able to ult while CC'd.

--------------------

Crit chance marks. at least 1 crit-chance quint.
Armor yellows, MR blues.
Other 2 quints are up to you, I use HP but they're getting nerfed here next week. Crit chance or Move speed are good replacements.

Basically the same masteries. Sometimes I go more heavily into defense and I pick up AS, crit chance and arpen in the Offensive tree.

Ghost, cleanse, ignite, exhaust are all solid spells. I still recommend cleanse as a necessity.

Brawlers + 5HP
zeal
cloak/Bfsword. If youre underfarmed or farmed.
cloak (again)
IE or PD whichever you prefer.
Game normally ends here.
Vamp scepter
Zeal
cloak
PD
Bloodthirster

Boots
PD
IE
PD
Bloodthrister
Guardians

Is a solid, generic build. Guardians can be helpful in those long, arduous games where you get insta-nuked. Come out of the revive, ult and wreck face.

Louise 05-20-2010 12:16 PM

is this a real character?

i honestly have never seen it.

i only find faildameres

truckin 05-20-2010 12:19 PM

Good general overview, but I feel like I need to point out that Tryndamere is VERY team reliant. If your team doesn't have much stun/CC and/or isn't good at fighting together, Tryndamere is worse than useless. Always make sure you're picking champs that will compliment your team makeup, and don't pick a hard carry if there isn't good tanking/support/CC to allow you to shine.

CTHDRL 05-20-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckin (Hozzászólás 1349846)
Good general overview, but I feel like I need to point out that Tryndamere is VERY team reliant. If your team doesn't have much stun/CC and/or isn't good at fighting together, Tryndamere is worse than useless. Always make sure you're picking champs that will compliment your team makeup, and don't pick a hard carry if there isn't good tanking/support/CC to allow you to shine.

The same could be said for any champion.

However Tryndmaere is slightly more effected by bad team composition then say; Jax. This is true.

Bitterz 05-20-2010 01:39 PM

Spinning Slash isn't for damage. Its for mobility. Mocking Shout isn't going to help when Annie/Ryze/Fiddles/any other caster champ is raining down on you at level 1.

Spinning Slash, however, will see to it that you're quickly out of harms way.

wtf runes?

Also, Avarice Blades are bad...

CTHDRL 05-20-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitterz (Hozzászólás 1350585)
Spinning Slash isn't for damage. Its for mobility. Mocking Shout isn't going to help when Annie/Ryze/Fiddles/any other caster champ is raining down on you at level 1.

Spinning Slash, however, will see to it that you're quickly out of harms way.

wtf runes?

Also, Avarice Blades are bad...

Annie won't be doing too much "raining down" at level 1. Neither will Ryze or Fiddle.

Proper positioning and intelligent play will prevent any lack of mobility. I.E. Don't go charging headlong towards the enemy tower.

Team utility > Personal preservation.

Mocking shout > Spinning slash.

1 Avarice blade is good; turns into end-game luxury item. Pays for itself in a matter of minutes.

Like I said; this guide is for people with more knowledge of the game.

Runes are fine; albeit up to personal preference. ~10% Crit chance is enough crit on top of avarice + zeal to hold you just fine while you build IE mid-game.

Dodge because dodge is invaluable.

CDR because the more Q the better.

But that is my preference; it may not work for others.

truckin 05-20-2010 02:04 PM

If you stack CDR runes I'd argue that Spirit Visage is required.

truckin 05-20-2010 02:05 PM

Spirit Visage/Merc treads should be priority items when playing against magic heavy teams. Sorry to state the obvious, but I think most people on the forum would consider themselves "familiar with the game" yet so few will gear according to different team comps.

Chaoticon 05-20-2010 06:05 PM

Wtf is windamere? This is one of the stardard item builds Tryn has always used. The playstyle is also the same...if you play him more then 5times you understand how he works. Overall nice attempt at a guide, but copy and paste isn't fun.

JackAubrey 05-20-2010 06:45 PM

It takes 25 minutes for Avarice Blade to pay for itself, so while I guess it technically pays for itself 'in a matter of minutes' it's not a good investment if the game won't last long. Against any team with good pushing ability, you're going to want something that lets you help out in midgame, and buying an Avarice blade is a bad idea. But if you're pretty sure it'll be a long one, I'd grab one fast and make it a Youmuu's after I'm done with IE / LW / etc.