League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pando Media Booster (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1150228)

iTheLone 08-25-2011 10:01 AM

Pando Media Booster

Well, I copied the exe/folders from another computer LoL, and installed here.

I wonder if I need to download the pando media booster to play, I wonder if this has any effect on the gameplay of the game (How to reduce latency for example)

Or it only serves to when downloading the game?

hohums 08-25-2011 10:08 AM

Pando Media booster is only used for patching and is off and disabled otherwise (unless you installed it with another game).

Faestus 08-25-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums (Hozzászólás 13459569)
Pando Media booster is only used for patching and is off and disabled otherwise (unless you installed it with another game).

Sorry chap, but that just ain't true.

Before I blocked it with my firewall, PMB used to eat up half of my connection. It's a known fact.

Not to mention I blocked it from accessing the internet and nothing happens. It runs just fine.

hohums 08-25-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faestus (Hozzászólás 13459716)

Before I blocked it with my firewall, PMB used to eat up half of my connection. It's a known fact.

Not to mention I blocked it from accessing the internet and nothing happens. It runs just fine.

If you can provide more details on how to reproduce this it would be helpful. We specifically disable pando after it finishes patching in the patcher.

DragonLord 08-25-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums (Hozzászólás 13460248)
If you can provide more details on how to reproduce this it would be helpful. We specifically disable pando after it finishes patching in the patcher.

I've since uninstalled PMB, but I too have had it eat my connection alive. Has have sever network slowdown, and discovered that there was multiple PMB.exe running on my network taking up the connection. Not sure how but PMB was repeatably creating more instances of itself and taking up connection. This was BETWEEN patches. Just having it on my machine had it taking up bandwidth.

hohums 08-25-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariatria (Hozzászólás 13460606)
I've since uninstalled PMB, but I too have had it eat my connection alive. Has have sever network slowdown, and discovered that there was multiple PMB.exe running on my network taking up the connection. Not sure how but PMB was repeatably creating more instances of itself and taking up connection. This was BETWEEN patches. Just having it on my machine had it taking up bandwidth.

If I look at my machine, I can't see pmb.exe running when the patcher is not up. Where did you see this? Perhaps there's a bug that affects some people only.

If I can find a way to reproduce this I can let the patch guys know.

Fuzzy Lil Kitten 08-25-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faestus (Hozzászólás 13459716)

Same here. The past few days every game I played I would get lag spikes that lasted upwards of 20 seconds each. Checked all my processes and whatnot and PMB was running in the background. Disabled it and all my games ran smoothly.

Edit: I've had it running even when there isn't a patch available (specifically saturday/sunday/monday I couldn't play at all the lag was so bad) I always assumed PMB was supposed to be running but a friend informed me last night that it shouldn't be.

DragonLord 08-25-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohums (Hozzászólás 13460916)
If I look at my machine, I can't see pmb.exe running when the patcher is not up. Where did you see this? Perhaps there's a bug that affects some people only.

If I can find a way to reproduce this I can let the patch guys know.

I was looking in the windows 7 resource monitor for my network. Under the section showing running processes I had multiple PMB going without the LoL open at all. I can't reproduce now, (I've uninstalled PMB, and moved to a new apartment with a new connection). Really wish I could help you out more. Shoulda taken screens of it when it was happening. I should also note I had this happen probably 2 maybe 3 months ago.

LordTobiothan 08-25-2011 10:59 AM

Oh wow I didn't even see that running on my comp. Glad to know

MandyMemory 08-25-2011 10:59 AM

It could be other games. Lots of games and applications use PMB