League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kassadin, and Silence. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=10794)

Running Naked Fat Man 09-09-2009 09:34 PM

Kassadin, and Silence.

So I have a bit of an issue, and something I feel needs fixed. Kassadin's silence seems to be a little strong. While playing Nunu and channeling his level 6, I was silenced. It completely canceled the spell, and still put it on CD.

I think this is a little ridiculous and needs to be addressed. Either prevent the silence from taking effect after the spell has been cast, or if it stops the spell leave it off CD. For it to stop the spell cold and put it on CD and making it unusable is just insane.

Krow 09-09-2009 09:36 PM

Nunu's ult gets raped by alot. Stuns, rocket grab, silences, anything that pops him into air, getting killed.

Kass's silence is weak as far as damage goes.

But i agree with it shouldnt cancell a spell already in progress (fiddlestix, nunu, karthas?)

Xeones 09-09-2009 10:45 PM

Silence shouldn't interrupt? /what logic is that? Whenever I played Kassadin it seemed half the time the silence didn't even work.

shedim 09-09-2009 11:18 PM

It does not work on channeled spells, like Fiddle's ulti when it's up, or the Lich's (I think it's "e" skill") or Anivia's ulti. THAT is kind stupid and should be fixed. Kassadin's "q" spell isn't that great, it's just useful to prevent heroes from casting, but there is way more efficient cc to achieve that, like stuns or fear.

MadFad 09-09-2009 11:47 PM

It means you can't faceroll what's already a hideously annoying hero. They should keep this ult as a channeling spell, it makes perfect sense.

BL4zD 09-10-2009 01:36 AM

Wait, so it silences cast spells in progress but not channeled spells?
That seems backwards to what I would expect it to do.

The thing I found annoying is it silences champions like Mundo from using his special abilities. I think only abilities that require mana should be silenced.

MadFad 09-10-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL4zD (Hozzászólás 108849)
Wait, so it silences cast spells in progress but not channeled spells?
That seems backwards to what I would expect it to do.

It cancels chanellING spells, those which require a champion to not move while they're happening/about to happen, not those that have already been channeled, far as I know.

BL4zD 09-10-2009 01:45 AM

I think it should silence all spells at any time they will be or are currently being cast.
I don't think silence should prevent non-magic champions, like Mundo and Trynd, from using their abilities.

Zmue 09-10-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Running Naked Fat Man (Hozzászólás 108623)
So I have a bit of an issue, and something I feel needs fixed. Kassadin's silence seems to be a little strong. While playing Nunu and channeling his level 6, I was silenced. It completely canceled the spell, and still put it on CD.

I think this is a little ridiculous and needs to be addressed. Either prevent the silence from taking effect after the spell has been cast, or if it stops the spell leave it off CD. For it to stop the spell cold and put it on CD and making it unusable is just insane.

It should interrupt abilities that are being channeled, that is the way it should be as your spell is still in effect through channeling. Nunu just has a very noticeable ultimate that makes it easy to counter it.

Dulhyra 09-10-2009 11:02 AM

I'm assuming your issue is that you like Nunu and don't like it when Kassadin silences you when you get the Ulti going. However, Fiddlesticks, Jax, Twisted Fate, Alistar, Cho'gath, Blitzcrank, Sion, Taric, Warwick, Anivia, Annie, Veigar, Ashe and maybe a couple others have a way to interrupt Nunu's ulti either through silence, stun or forced move (In the air or across the screen). All of which would put Nunu's ulti on cooldown.