League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New suggestion for IP earned... srsly (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1073492)

CornerPocket 08-09-2011 07:00 AM

New suggestion for IP earned... srsly
 
Riot,

I'm not sure if you've addressed this or not (or maybe this is the way it already works), but I think you should grant a little more IP for TT and a little more still for Dominion. Here's my reasoning:

You get the same amount of IP for all of the following (assuming all else is equal i.e. victories and such)

2 x 60 minutes SR games
3 x 40 minute TT games
6 x 20 minute Dominion games

HOWEVER, over the course of those 6 Dominion games you will have significantly more time spent loading (about 3 times the amount) and significantly more time spent in champion select (about 3 times the amount) and the same but to a lesser extent in TT. So, your total time spent will be more in either game mode apart from SR. That takes your IP/time spent average way down on those modes.

The times for my SR and TT games may not be the average time of those games, but you get my drift don't you?

Here's a suggestion:
Maybe just grant a flat amount of like 15 extra IP for Dominion and 10 extra IP for Twisted Treeline? That way you don't have to worry about calculating load times and champ times. It would just be a flat amount for everyone.

Maybe you've already taken this into account, and if you have, would you please let us know?

Thanks!

FYI, I went through a couple threads that mentioned this, but I didn't really see any of them get into the details about how much time is actually spent loading and champ selecting.

Also, even if you don't like the idea, I wanted to say GREAT JOB!! You guys are doing awesome and you don't hear it enough.

Schokcha 08-09-2011 07:04 AM

IP/min is already slightly better in shorter games because there's a flat IP base amount.

So actually 3x20min wins will grant you slightly more IP than one 60min win.

HarisPiIton 08-09-2011 07:06 AM

I'm hoping the score points you seem to accumulate during a game affect IP gain.

Blank1268 08-09-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarisPiIton (Hozzászólás 12626566)
I'm hoping the score points you seem to accumulate during a game affect IP gain.

I think this would be an amazing idea. Maybe it could be something along the lines or finishing quest will give you an IP bounse, but only if you do so well in the match (or else people would just quest instead of playing the game)

For now I will have to disagree about the IP for different game though. I do think that IP/min has changed the system for the better because of the fact that you can no longer sit in 3's que, play 3 OP champs for 3's, and push to win in 15 minutes. When no one was level 30 3 of my friends did that and ended up getting like 5 levels and 3k ish IP

Zileas 08-09-2011 07:20 AM

I'll have someone take a look at TT. Dominion should be covered.

Our goals with matchmade game modes is for them to generally give about the same amount of IP per minute on average.

CornerPocket 08-09-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zileas (Hozzászólás 12627289)
I'll have someone take a look at TT. Dominion should be covered.

Our goals with matchmade game modes is for them to generally give about the same amount of IP per minute on average.

Thanks, Zileas. And thanks for the response.

I'm guessing that sense you didn't actually say it, that (that being the IP per minute on average) includes a flat amount of time for loading and champ select for each game?

Zileas 08-09-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornerPocket (Hozzászólás 12628413)
Thanks, Zileas. And thanks for the response.

I'm guessing that sense you didn't actually say it, that includes a flat amount of time for loading and champ select for each game?

All of our game modes have a flat bonus for winning, and a flat bonus for losing. these values are usually very close. We tune them for a variety of factors, but they generally end up pretty similar because a lot of the reward is for matchmaking time, as you say.

CornerPocket 08-09-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank1268 (Hozzászólás 12627085)
For now I will have to disagree about the IP for different game though. I do think that IP/min has changed the system for the better because of the fact that you can no longer sit in 3's que, play 3 OP champs for 3's, and push to win in 15 minutes. When no one was level 30 3 of my friends did that and ended up getting like 5 levels and 3k ish IP

I'm not saying they need to do away with the IP/minute thing. I'm saying that for each game in the maps that typically have shorter average game times (win or loss) they need to give the IP/minute that they usually do plus just a very small flat amount of IP to every player to compensate for the load times and champ select times that will invariably be higher in those modes due to the short(er) game times.

CornerPocket 08-09-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zileas (Hozzászólás 12628462)
All of our game modes have a flat bonus for winning, and a flat bonus for losing. these values are usually very close. We tune them for a variety of factors, but they generally end up pretty similar because a lot of the reward is for matchmaking time, as you say.

Great. Perfect. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Saelos 08-09-2011 07:48 AM

More IP in general would be nice to be honest.. :( feel like every time I do a great job winning a game I get like 70~ something IP.. I miss the old days.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:02 AM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc