League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The fatal flaw, why dominion will never take off. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1069761)

SeedDynames 08-08-2011 12:35 PM

The fatal flaw, why dominion will never take off.

so people (and riot especially) seem to think that Dominion will be a new exciting gameplay mode that would be used as much as SR. There is one very important, yet obvious, reason why this will never happen.

You will not get as much IP in a dominion game as a regular game on SR

This is the reason why TT is being shafted and why Magma chamber (suppose to be hug) is so anticipated.Longer games = more IP. it doesnt matter if Riot says overall IP gains are based on time played, because no one buys it. Its the same reason why people view the IP reward on tribunal as being low. ya you only spend a minute or two on it, but the 10 IP doesnt seem worth it. Nobody is going to play 2-3 domion games to get the same IP as a SR game.

Average Gatsby 08-08-2011 12:38 PM

You currently get the same amount of IP for a TT game as an equivalent amount of time SR game.

SeedDynames 08-08-2011 12:40 PM

and yet TT is played much less than SR. that is exactly my point. people dont care that IP is based on time, they want a larger number next to "IP Gained"

HypeNotice 08-08-2011 12:40 PM

2 Dominion games can equal the same amount of IP recieved of 1 Normal game. Heck, even 3 Dominion games can equal the same amount of IP recieved of 1 Normal game.

iHateDisGame 08-08-2011 12:41 PM

I don't care if I get less IP; I'll still play Territory Control -.- (Dominion)

And the reason I don't play TT is not because of less IP; it's because the balance is screwed up on that map.

Can't play the champs I want to play on TT if I want to win.

Alphascrub 08-08-2011 12:48 PM

Haters gonna hate.

EpicFrogNinja 08-08-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iHateDisGame (Hozzászólás 12584971)
I don't care if I get less IP; I'll still play Territory Control -.- (Dominion)

And the reason I don't play TT is not because of less IP; it's because the balance is screwed up on that map.

Can't play the champs I want to play on TT if I want to win.

I don't find this a problem, maybe because my main and several other frequently-played champs are better on that map than SR. However, I admit that when you face an all-tanky DPS team on TT, you should just surrender to save yourself the trouble.

MandyMemory 08-08-2011 12:51 PM

People still need IP?

Vernaferous 08-08-2011 12:54 PM

Just dont think about your ip then look up and see that you have a lot of it...honestly, each time i buy a champion i am astounded when i see 2-3k ip saved while over playing them...as soon as you make a goal to spend your ip...it comes in slower.

Chrystoff 08-08-2011 12:57 PM

so you're saying, I'm not playing for fun...I'm playing for IP? holy turd batman!!