League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Magma Chamber? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1068510)

MentalMastrPiece 08-08-2011 12:11 AM

Magma Chamber?

So we really are going to get 1 map per year.

this is pathetic.

neo4321 08-08-2011 12:13 AM

Just like you posting about this in the Dominion thread section. Also if you STILL haven't heard Magma Chamber was shelved so they can obviously make more maps than this. As well as who the **** cares? Honestly would you want a horribly unbalanced or just bad maps being pumped out every month? Protip DotA did just fine with 1 map for how long that game has lasted.

Burning Rose 08-08-2011 12:18 AM

"We want a new map!"

*Riot announces imminent new map*

"We want two new maps!"

*facepalm*

Renelius 08-08-2011 12:24 AM

My main complaint is "Hey we are making a new map, Magma chamber!"
"NVM lol, magma chamber on hold we are making graphics more shiny."
"Nvm lol, no shiny, here's our version of Arathi Basin though."

MentalMastrPiece 08-08-2011 12:25 AM

Burning rose you completely missed my point.

so have you neo4321

Felstag 08-08-2011 12:33 AM

your point is that we will only get one map a year, and you want more, right?

We are getting more then one map per year, we are getting a brand new game mode and new map!
YaY! be happy! instead of looking at the negitive, look on the bright side!

Gandalph 08-08-2011 05:06 AM

Because DotA hasn't used the same map since it was made and is still incredibly successful, right?

Dominion is going to be a completely separate game from SR, with a different meta-game, different items, and different team strategies. Think of it as Riot Games Makes: Team Fortress Two, whereas SR is Riot Games Makes: DotA.

Splitcart 08-08-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalMastrPiece (Hozzászólás 12568255)

this is pathetic.

Match History: 10x Summoner's Rift.

You know, there is more than just one map, clearly you just don't care about playing other maps and enjoy trolling.

maxicus 08-08-2011 06:57 AM

magma chamber if it goes live will be a competitive map. in order for it to be a competitive map it has to be very much balanced for all the champs. this requires tons of play testing.

given that most MMO's don't come out with an expansion except once every year then this is perfectly acceptable. i think WOW is up to 2 years for an expansion at this point.

i figure they will pick up magma chamber but they are going to take extra time to ensure that it is fully balanced.

Magma Armor0 08-08-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalMastrPiece (Hozzászólás 12568255)

this is pathetic.

as someone else said, chess has gotten about 1 new map per millennium.

wow, it must suck :P