League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hextech AP item that has the effect of Dust of Appearance - Goodbye Stealth Champions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1062969)

Eziodjinn 08-06-2011 07:48 AM

Hextech AP item that has the effect of Dust of Appearance - Goodbye Stealth Champions

Hextech AP item that has the effect of Dust of Appearance

If you?re worried about stealth, fear not. There is a new physical and a new magical tool for killing those pesky rats. Take for instance, the attack damage version:

- +50% attack speed

- +20% life steal

- Passive : Reveal target for 8 seconds on hit.

This won?t just help you kill stealth fighters?it?ll help you keep track of people as they navigate tall grass, teleport, or otherwise cut your line of sight to evade. It?ll also completely ruin Akali?s Twilight Shroud!

(As quoted from Ten Ton Hammer. http://www.tentonhammer.com/leagueof...nion-firstlook )

Why Riot? Why do you hate Stealth champions with such a passion? There are only 3 in the entire game, one of which you almost nerfed out of the category all together. And all 3 of which will surely be completely useless after this item goes in game.

This is a really really bad idea.

One item dedicated solely to destroying a specific kind of champion is REALLY unfair.

The stats the item gives are completely RIDICULOUS.

Reveal champion hit for 8 seconds? That is the duration equivalent of 2 of Shacos deceive skills. This item will single handedly ruin him. (On top of the non-stop nerfs for about a year?)

20% Lifesteal AND 50% attack speed? Everyone will be getting this item whether there is a stealth champion or not.

What happened to buying a vision potion? Or buying wards? You already have items that ruin stealth champs. Is a super-op item really necessary? Do you really not know what you are doing at all? NO ONE plays stealth champions because YOU NERFED THEM ALL.

Can you please try to balance the other champions, and at least leave the stealth champions alone. They suck, they are useless, and you are making them worse.

This "ruin stealth" rampage you've been on since I started playing almost a year ago is really starting to try my patience. You know there are very broken characters in your game, yet you do little or nothing to balance them. Udyr? Gangplank? Caitlyn?

There are already items implemented to ruin stealth champions and they cost little to nothing to buy. This item seems completely unnecessary in every aspect of the word.

One last thought, Akalis twilight shroud is the one thing that is keeping her from being a worthless champion, and now it's being bragged about how this will ruin her too.

Seriously Riot, what are you thinking? I want my money back for Shaco. Or better yet, can you just delete the 3 stealth champions(Twitch, Eve, Shaco) out of everyones account? We can all pretend that they never existed because looking at Shaco sitting on my player list is depressing. I don't even want my money back. Instead of nerfing them continuously just delete them from everyones account and stop trying to "balance" them. Change Akalis Twilight shroud to something else and call it a day.

pennywïse 08-06-2011 08:00 AM

and their also adding this item called quicksilver sash!!! it will completely ruin all CC champs!! and on top of that it gives magic resistance!!!! so op! casters that rely on debuffs are useless now!!

Seriously Riot, what are you thinking? I want my money back for Brand. Or better yet, can you just delete the debuff casters out of everyones account? We can all pretend that they never existed because looking at teemo sitting on my player list is depressing. I don't even want my money back. Instead of nerfing them continuously just delete them from everyones account and stop trying to "balance" them. Change all stuns to something else and call it a day.

Eziodjinn 08-06-2011 08:05 AM

Wow pennywise you're so funny, I almost want to be your friend! I always wanted a troll friend. Next time they nerf brand for a year and then introduce an item specifically for killing him I'll troll your QQ thread too.

GivemebackmyEU 08-06-2011 08:10 AM

pennywise is funny while your point is invalid.

GEjJf1U4KjP9dyRT 08-06-2011 08:12 AM

That new item is not near op at all. Revealing for 8 seconds my be good, but it is the only option in dominion to detect stealth. Vision wards and oracles get removed, and now you need to buy an approx 2 k gold items to counter stealth?
To your broken char point, you are sooooo funny. Caitlyn broken?lol. After the Udyr nerf he can be countered in lane, he is strong not broken. Gankplank, wow he is strong I give you the point. Dont forget, it will probably a only dominion item.

Eziodjinn 08-06-2011 08:22 AM

pennywise: let me troll you by comparing brand to stealth characters, and qs sash to the new hextech ad item. I sure am funny though.

Thanks for contributing so much knowledge to this thread, I really appreciate it. You too EU.

Vogel where did they say they are going to remove oracles and wards in Dominion?

My op champ point was in general, unless you're going to argue all the champions are balanced as well as everyone knows they should be, my point stands that there are better things to nerf and destroy than one specific champion class.

Edit: If this item really is the only way to detect players because wards and oracles are being takin out of Dominion my argument loses some of its effect.

T4m1 08-06-2011 08:23 AM

you notice those items only exist on the new map? which is to expected, cause otherwise stealth champs would be overpowered on the map.

They still get their suprise attack since they need to be hit first to get the debuff on. But since the map is faster paced regarding fights you would end up buying one oracles after another and every teammate would need one since you are scattered most of the time. Those items make sure you stealth champs cant just jump around, poke, stealth, poke, stealth, kill without getting resistance being 1v1 or 2v2 most the times but still make sure they got their Suprise attack since they cant be seen before they attack.

and before raging about the stats we dont know their gold price, raging about new features without testing them ingame is not a smart thing to do

TL:DR
the items are fine, since just on the new map and stealth champs keep there suprise attack which they dont if the people get oracles or wards.

Bland 08-06-2011 08:59 AM

Might even be that before dominion comes out they'll release the stealth-rework... and we'll have to see how things work then either way...

Lunfi 08-06-2011 09:16 AM

Just carried a game pretty hard as Akali. Bubble right now is pretty countered by oracle (like all stealth) and more than others with just a pink (everybody knows where to place it) Ya, it will ruin her very much.

Zhico 08-06-2011 09:51 AM

this item is only in dominion......