League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   how many players per team will dominion have? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1058080)

YoshioPeePee 08-04-2011 06:50 PM

how many players per team will dominion have?

from what i've seen of dominion (hearing that riot is sure the majority of payers will spam dominion and that there will be no ranked play for it, and that riot is aiming on forcing very short match times) it seems to be a very casual mode like what we often see in games like tf2 which are full of casual skirmishes

so i am wondering how many players will be on each team? Will it be a very large number like 10 or 12? casual modes in tf2 and similar games can be as casual as they are due to the large player sizes so for example if someone leaves, it doesn't matter and also losses in these games are shrugged off way quicker than the 40min moba slugfests we are used to in TT and SR as matches can be restarted really quickly

basicaly i am getting a very tf2//fps vibe from dominion and i was wondering if this assumption is accurate, I aso anticipate ip rewards for individual dominion matches to be much lower than for SR and TT due to how easily players will be abe to just play a ton of matches in a very short time

BadgerBarrage 08-04-2011 06:50 PM

5v5

I think that vibe is what they were going for. (From the interviews I've seen)

YoshioPeePee 08-04-2011 07:09 PM

I also noticed 5 character portraits on the side of the screen in a screencap i saw like they have in SR so you are probably right

Lisztomaniac 08-04-2011 07:52 PM

not trying to be an ass to the OP but seriously when will you people understand that they will never make a map with more than 5 players per team?
SR is already a ****storm of spells flying around.

Brackhar 08-04-2011 10:09 PM

Dominion is a 5v5 game mode.

Riyshn 08-04-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee (Hozzászólás 12442900)
I aso anticipate ip rewards for individual dominion matches to be much lower than for SR and TT due to how easily players will be abe to just play a ton of matches in a very short time

Well, considering IP rewards are based off game time now, yeah, that's probably a pretty good bet...

Kyrie Friegraf 08-04-2011 11:00 PM

Agh, it wouldn't go well for me if IP rewards weren't that great in this mode, since I'm gonna be playin it all the time...

I guess I'll just buy all my runes now.

YoshioPeePee 08-04-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister (Hozzászólás 12451832)
Agh, it wouldn't go well for me if IP rewards weren't that great in this mode, since I'm gonna be playin it all the time...

I guess I'll just buy all my runes now.

it should even out in the long run if you play a ton of these. if the games are shorter you can play more of them per day