League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion is a nice idea, but... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1058072)

TiberiusAudley 08-04-2011 06:49 PM

Dominion is a nice idea, but...

I dunno about you guys, but my favorite mode in any online game was the Onslaught mode in Unreal Tournament (Warfare in UT3, I think?).

It works SOMEWHAT similarly to Dominion / Domination / Territories / Land Grab whatever you want to call this system... but with a touch of Castle Siege at the end.

There were several link points on the game located away from the main base, with usually two or three link "paths" to each base -- in order to become able to damage the opponent's base, you had to have one of the link points adjacent to the opponent's base... but the only way to capture one of those was to make a path of link points from your own base.

Essentially, it's a game of tug of war (well, except PUSHING rather than PULLING) where you can whittle away at your opponent's castle (Nexus?) each time you successfully create a link.

I think it would fit the League of Legends style much better than Dominion, although I am looking forward to this new game mode and a break from the monotony of "kill minions, kill jungle stuff, kill towers, kill nexus" that exists on Summoner's Rift.

timmy22 08-04-2011 06:51 PM

Love those game types

BadgerBarrage 08-04-2011 06:53 PM

Onslaught was probably the best one. My second favorite would be bombing run.

TiberiusAudley 08-04-2011 06:53 PM

Oh, and you could choose to spawn at any of your link points when you died, so this could actually help facilitate faster games, by allowing players to spawn closer toward the enemy castle in one-sided games if they happened to get killed.

Kelaedin 08-04-2011 06:55 PM

def a cool idea I think it would be super awesome, but I'm happy with any new map/mode that Riot gives us.

exe3 08-04-2011 07:16 PM

This'd be a pretty sweet mode.

Brackhar 08-04-2011 10:11 PM

Onslaught was an awesome game mode I agree. Do you think it would be differentiated enough from the normal SR gameplay though? You could argue that since you have to kill towers in a connected manner to finally damage the nexus it's actually somewhat similar....

Lizerus 08-04-2011 10:15 PM

My favourite mode was Assault/Defense, from UT GOTY. But that probably wouldn't fit with League.

FPDragoon 08-04-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brackhar (Hozzászólás 12450559)
Onslaught was an awesome game mode I agree. Do you think it would be differentiated enough from the normal SR gameplay though? You could argue that since you have to kill towers in a connected manner to finally damage the nexus it's actually somewhat similar....

Based on the OP's description of the game mode, (something I have no personal experience with, so I'm going PURELY off of his description) it really does sound something like Summoner's Rift, but people can "reclaim" the "links" towards the enemy castle by restoring destroyed turrets.

Morello 08-04-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brackhar (Hozzászólás 12450559)

I agree with this. I feel onslaught is a little more limited due to having to attack in order, and to create a more free-flowing game mode with higher action, we needed to remove that constraint.