League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Is Better Than Magma Chamber (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1056925)

masoe 08-04-2011 01:26 PM

Dominion Is Better Than Magma Chamber

Sup all!? Before the announcement of Dominion I was screaming for a new map as much as the next person. I was sick of playing the same stupid map over and over again...Get's a little monotonous at times.

With Dominion announced, I was actually quite shocked. This is better than the Magma Chamber concept art/idea.

I'll be the first to tell you guys that I haven't been pleased with Riot at all. I've actually grown to hate them. That is, until Dominion.

What is Dominion? A NEW way to enjoy League of Legends. You people must realize this and take it for what it's worth. Now I just hope it's as good as it looks in the trailer.

PS - I'll be playing Dominion @ PAX in a few weeks. You jelly?

Frostbutt Irelia 08-04-2011 01:27 PM

magma chamber = slightly larger, somewhat reorganized SR, still 3 lanes, push to kill nexus

Dominion = entirely new game mode, entirely new map

i would much rather have dominion

masoe 08-04-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldfish Cracker (Hozzászólás 12430571)
magma chamber = slightly larger, somewhat reorganized SR, still 3 lanes, push to kill nexus

Dominion = entirely new game mode, entirely new map

i would much rather have dominion

I'd still take a Magma Chamber with Dominion. I think if they were able to do something like that I'd be willing to get some more RP. As of now, no more money will be spent on LoL.

FatherOfTheMoon 08-04-2011 01:44 PM

MAGMA FTW. dominion sucks, ok new game modes? well if i wanted new game modes people whould just switch to bloodline champs..

OmniknightJohn 08-04-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masoe (Hozzászólás 12430885)
I'd still take a Magma Chamber with Dominion. I think if they were able to do something like that I'd be willing to get some more RP. As of now, no more money will be spent on LoL.

I always enjoy the "I won't spend money on this game as a political statement" angle. Just by playing the game, you are giving Riot money by creating more games for other people (who do spend money on frivolous skins) to enjoy. If you really wanted to deny Riot your business, you'd quit, but of course, because this game is fun, and free, there's no sense in that. It's win-win for them, and win-win for you if you had the sense to realize that you are being provided with a free game, and have no right to any kind of entitlement regarding the magma chamber or anything else.

masoe 08-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniknightJohn (Hozzászólás 12431305)
I always enjoy the "I won't spend money on this game as a political statement" angle. Just by playing the game, you are giving Riot money by creating more games for other people (who do spend money on frivolous skins) to enjoy. If you really wanted to deny Riot your business, you'd quit, but of course, because this game is fun, and free, there's no sense in that. It's win-win for them, and win-win for you if you had the sense to realize that you are being provided with a free game, and have no right to any kind of entitlement regarding the magma chamber or anything else.

Overreacting much? I was just simply saying that I don't feel like spending more money on LoL right now, but if new content were to come out soon I may reconsider. Stop trying to make things political. Politics don't belong in gaming.

OmniknightJohn 08-04-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masoe (Hozzászólás 12432244)
Overreacting much? I was just simply saying that I don't feel like spending more money on LoL right now, but if new content were to come out soon I may reconsider. Stop trying to make things political. Politics don't belong in gaming.

Idealogical statement then. If Riot doesn't do X, I won't do Y in protest (where X is release two new maps instead of one, and Y is purchase Riot points).

Scrumpy Jack 08-04-2011 02:35 PM

Still rather just have a new 5v5 map than a new game mode tbh. Maybe make crystal scar as a playable normal map too? That would help those of us who just like vanilla lol.

ItsMrT 08-04-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniknightJohn (Hozzászólás 12432853)
Idealogical statement then. If Riot doesn't do X, I won't do Y in protest (where X is release two new maps instead of one, and Y is purchase Riot points).

I always enjoy the "I'm going to take your statement and extrude some wild proclamation of protest just for the sake of starting an argument" angle. Just because someone stated their personal feelings and opinions on a matter, doesn't mean that they are forcing or protesting the matter. He was simply stating that he probably won't purchase RP without new content. NOT in protest, but simply because he doesn't find it personally worth his while, or whatever other reason he has. I didn't see any signs of ideology or protest or political agendas that threaten or go against Riot, and you shouldn't either. I think you've been watching a little bit too much Hardball on CBC.

Enemy Minion 08-04-2011 02:48 PM

I much preffered the art for Magma Chamber.

Just like I much preffered the art for Winter Rift. (Still mad btw.)

Crystal Skar looks really boring visually. Also, what happened to Shiny preceding any new maps?