League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Team Comps (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1056122)

Segmented 08-04-2011 10:25 AM

Dominion Team Comps

So, here I was trolling some random Dominion thread with a crazy team idea, which made me start to think. What crazy and fun team comps is Dominion going to give us? What kind of insane troll teams will people make up?

After a bit of a search, I couldn't find any thread that already existed for this, sooo...

Post your fun/OP/Troll team ideas for Dominion here!

My Vote: Singed, Alistar, Mordekaiser, Rammus, and Dr. Mundo.

Full tank team with good mobility and respectable damage. Without something like Bloodrazor, high HP tanks stand to utterly dominate.

Azwraithe 08-04-2011 10:27 AM

Jarvan > Rammus

Lv1 Facecheck GG 08-04-2011 10:27 AM

Blitzcrank, Singed, Alistar, Tristana, Lee Sin

You guys standing on the point? Nope, not anymore.

*yoink, toss, ram, boom, kick*

Mitosis 08-04-2011 10:32 AM

Lee Sin, Mundo, Cait, TF, Shen.

Lee is mobile and damaging that he should be able to take points well.
Mundo is...Mundo.
Cait's traps/net mean she could defend well
TF's ult is good for offence, and his q+w means he'd be able to defend moderately well.
Shen's nerfed right now, but with his ult, he could theoreticcally defend a spot, then ult away to help a teammate capture a point faster.

Segmented 08-04-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azwraithe (Hozzászólás 12421664)
Jarvan > Rammus

Pffft, no way.

Powerball's mobility to zip around the map, combined with the knockback makes him ungodly at defending capture points. Not to mention his Taunt + DBC combo.

Give him Teleport, Ghost, and Boots of Mobility for maximum trolling.

IrrationalNoob 08-04-2011 10:46 AM

3 fighters with mobility. (garen, akali, renekton, Alister

2 Long range abilities/gap closers (Noct, Panth, TF, Ashe, Karthus, Ezreal)

Alt comp

2 fighters

1 Aoe team fight caster (annie, fiddlesticks, kennen)

2 long range abilities/gap closers

DesertOfSand 08-04-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segmented (Hozzászólás 12422272)
Pffft, no way.

Powerball's mobility to zip around the map, combined with the knockback makes him ungodly at defending capture points. Not to mention his Taunt + DBC combo.

Give him Teleport, Ghost, and Boots of Mobility for maximum trolling.

In one of the articles I read (I believe it was either PCGamer or Joystiq) I believe they said that Teleport (along with Fortify) would be replaced with Promote and Garrison (which would act similar to Fortify -- buffs ally point or nerfs enemy's point).

Regardless, Rammus seems to be a strong pick for Dominion.

EDIT: Wow that was longer than I thought. Wall of text warning.

As for my theory team:

AP Teemo, AP Shaco, Heimerdinger, Vayne/Olaf/Corki, J4/Rammus/Alistar

Teemo, Shaco and Heimer all would have annoying defenses with Teemo and Shaco also being able to quickly get around the map and cap. I like the idea of having a mobile offensive capping unit that can passively defend points and routes.

With no Madreds, I can imagine HP tanks being stronger than they are in SR, so Vayne's % true damage sounds like it'd be nice, plus mobility from Tumble.
Olaf and Corki might also shine because of the overall mana regen buff that everybody gets -- Corki might not have to build that manamune and could go onto more damaging items early on, and Olaf won't necessarily be bad without the jungle in that a big reason he doesn't lane now from what I understand is his mana costs for harassment (I could be totally wrong about why Olaf jungles though -- I'm not exactly knowledgeable on him).

On that note, pretty much every champ that rushes a ToG because of their limited pool might be a bit more powerful in Dominion, though I suppose that would depend on what items they're taking out/adding in.

J4 has that tanky ad thing going on, and since over half of this team is AP, is a warm welcome. Rammus destroys AD, which is rumored to be a lot more powerful in this mode, and obvious can soak damage for the 3 squishy APs. Alistar essentially fulfills that role as well, but sounds nice because of his AoE knockup interrupt capping channels.

(Janna deserves an honorable mention, but simply doesn't fit on this team with already 3 squishy APs

Zilean also deserves a mention for very strong early game nuking and stupid good speed boost, but with the rounds being so short, I can't imagine he would be able to do his perma-speed boost without some absurd items being added. The fact that spawn timers are apparently shorter grants less merit to his Ulti as well)

Most of these champs don't have much teamfight synergy, but since apparently this mode is more about small skirmishes, I think they'd do quite well.

Then again this is all theorycrafting, and would heavily depend on the items they're using to balance certain champions.

Rakaydos 08-04-2011 10:51 AM

1 rearguard ( teemo, heimer, shaco. )
1 backdoor (Yi, pantheon, TF, twitch, eve)
3 CC champs

jaMx 08-04-2011 10:52 AM

rammus can get to the spots so fast! And that's about it~

Claricorp 08-04-2011 10:54 AM

I think swain seems like he would be pretty successful, nice cc and able to do great focused damage in a pinch.

Kassadin seems like an obvious capture champ who could easily take out lone champs.