League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Announcer is great (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1056)

Kevoun 07-20-2009 01:31 AM

Announcer is great

I busted a gut the first time a humiliation happened while I was playing. Wanted to say that I enjoy the announcer and I think he creates the right environment for this sort of game. As a side note, the Call Guinsoo message is hilarious as well. I'd like to see more variety in the messages and shouts though, as I end up tuning them out after awhile. There should be random funny ones that are more rare so people go "wtf" and laugh about it in vent.

For example, replace OWNED with PWNED occasionally. I would love to hear the announcer say "ROFLSTOMP" when someone goes godlike. These sort of things provide joke material for the teams to talk to eachother about and help to keep people from taking things too seriously (ragequit ftw!).

Zeta 07-20-2009 01:34 AM

For some unknown reason, a part of me thinks the announcer would be better with a British accent.

Souls 07-20-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeta (Hozzászólás 9889)
For some unknown reason, a part of me thinks the announcer would be better with a British accent.

Agreeed to the fullest extent that i could agree.
But the one there is now is really good too

Stexe 07-20-2009 08:17 AM

I found the announcer to be extremely annoying. He seems like he is phoning it in and just exaggerating specific words without context.

I'd really love if you guys hired a (better) professional. Either a female with a soothing voice or a deep voiced (possibly British?) male. Currently, the announcer is one of my biggest problems with the audio, and at times just makes me want to play with the sound off.

Scowndrul 07-20-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stexe (Hozzászólás 10352)
I found the announcer to be extremely annoying. He seems like he is phoning it in and just exaggerating specific words without context.

That was my first impression too, it doesn't have the authority that it should. Also, I don't like him saying "owned" every time somebody dies, cuz odds are, they weren't. DotA got rid of the "Allied champion" sound almost immediately after bringing it back. The play-by-play commentary really cheapens the announcer.

Kevoun 07-20-2009 09:26 AM

Maybe there should be different options for an announcer then, because clearly some people don't share my opinion. I think the announcer is very deathmatch-oriented, and he reminds me of games like counterstrike and the custom wc3 and starcraft maps that the genre grew out of. I could see where people would rather just be informed of what is going on (soothing female voice) than the way it is currently, but I don't think we should lose the current announcer all-together.

Yoshi 07-20-2009 07:01 PM

Yeah good ideas, may be in options you could pick what announcer you want, if at all? :)

The current one is fine, but yeah things like ROFLSTOMP would be funny XD

IS13fe9a22574251 07-23-2009 10:13 AM

I really do not like the current announcer, he is alright but not what I think would be best.

I really like the DotA ones, if those are free-use I would stick with them. Because they are utterly classic.

Then again, a nice British voice would be epic too!

Ulgrim 07-23-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackxp (Hozzászólás 16262)
I really do not like the current announcer, he is alright but not what I think would be best.

I really like the DotA ones, if those are free-use I would stick with them. Because they are utterly classic.

Then again, a nice British voice would be epic too!

I vote the queen does the voiceovers. Just imagine her saying 'Owned'

Sivvy 07-23-2009 12:03 PM

She? If you mean the band "Queen" then its a guy...