League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   To Riot: Give yourself a solid deadline on finishing Dominion mode (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1055661)

Yousosmart 08-04-2011 09:01 AM

To Riot: Give yourself a solid deadline on finishing Dominion mode

I, like most of the community, have understandable concerns about how quickly your team will be finishing up Dominion mode, as you haven't always delivered on some promises (i.e. Magma Chamber, to quote others). Though you're having the mode playable at PAX, I won't be able to attend that, regrettably.

As such, I feel that making us wait super long for a very interesting game mode shouldn't be something we have to endure. To that end, I felt that it could be productive if your team could, say, give themselves a solid deadline on when to release Dominion Mode, for better or worse.

IMO, your deadline should be the start of Season 2, or sometime in, say, late September to mid October. Try to have Dominion finished or at least in a launchable state by then.

How does that sound?

Sarkan of Arkham 08-04-2011 09:05 AM

Seconded. Also Yss check your lore forum threads, you'll find something suprising ;)

KarrieBear 08-04-2011 09:12 AM

We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it. :)

Scien 08-04-2011 09:14 AM

Just make it for 5 months after your actual deadline, then when you come out early all ur haters wont know what to do but love you

SharkbaitBruhaha 08-04-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarrieBear (Hozzászólás 12417931)
We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it. :)

I think you mean it would be a Lose if you missed it, a win if you hit it. How could it be a lose-lose if you made your deadline?

Borigrad 08-04-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha (Hozzászólás 12418065)
I think you mean it would be a Lose if you missed it, a win if you hit it. How could it be a lose-lose if you made your deadline?

Because if there is one bug or imbalance people will be like "WTF RIOT WHY DIDNT YOU DELAY THE RELEASE TO BALANCE" or "riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects."

SharkbaitBruhaha 08-04-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borigrad (Hozzászólás 12418190)
Because if there is one bug or imbalance people will be like "WTF RIOT WHY DIDNT YOU DELAY THE RELEASE TO BALANCE" or "riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects."

Ok How could it be a lose if you made your deadline and it didn't have bugs . . . Are we gonna keep playing this game?

EDIT: No matter the release date, if it came out with bugs people would be like that, what is your point exactly?

Darkane 08-04-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borigrad (Hozzászólás 12418190)
riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects.

That's a fair question. Honestly they are the worst company I've seen when it comes to deadlines. Mostly because they are deathly afraid to even set one.

Scien 08-04-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkane (Hozzászólás 12418339)
That's a fair question. Honestly they are the worst company I've seen when it comes to deadlines. Mostly because they are deathly afraid to even set one.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Go here and tell me agian about deadlines.

Zenku Yuko 08-04-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha (Hozzászólás 12418065)

Because if it was to far down the road people would rage about announcing it so early.