League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fortify and jungling (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1043906)

Keinen Schutz 07-31-2011 04:39 PM

Fortify and jungling

Hey everyone just have a few questions about fort and jungling :P

1. Fortify's passive grants extra damage to minions. Does this include neutral(jungle) minions?

2. Would this be an effective skill for the "safer" AD junglers that don't absolutely need smite to jungle normally, or even replace smite(since fort plays a larger roll late-game than smite*note that I play normal games and not ranked, so baron/dragon steals aren't much of an issue*)?

3.Would smite+fortify be acceptable assuming I'm careful enough to not get ganked?

thanks in advance :)

lastchancexi 07-31-2011 04:42 PM

I don't understand why anyone would take Fortify, ever.

Carados 07-31-2011 04:44 PM

You use smite to jungle 100%. It's not about being able to kill creeps, it's about security. What do you do when you tank Lizard to 500 HP, and then Lee Sin jumps over the wall, smites it, and kills you?

Keinen Schutz 07-31-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 12274017)
You use smite to jungle 100%. It's not about being able to kill creeps, it's about security. What do you do when you tank Lizard to 500 HP, and then Lee Sin jumps over the wall, smites it, and kills you?

I fight it in a bush and not where it spawns..Like I said I'm careful enough to not get countered by most people.

edit: also since I won't have summoner smite it's less likely the enemy team will know I'm jungling long enough to take blue and by the time blue is up again or I go for red I'll already have enough combo damage to secure the kill.

Carados 07-31-2011 04:50 PM

The other team will know you're jungling because every team has a jungler and CV exists.

And the fact that you can't ever do Baron and Dragon without smite...

And the fact that if people are trying to steal your red, they're going to check the brush BEFORE the actual camp. That's where the ward will be.

Keinen Schutz 07-31-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carados (Hozzászólás 12274264)
The other team will know you're jungling because every team has a jungler and CV exists.

And the fact that you can't ever do Baron and Dragon without smite...

And the fact that if people are trying to steal your red, they're going to check the brush BEFORE the actual camp. That's where the ward will be.

Like I said, I play normal games. CV is almost as rare as seeing fort, and the vast majority of the games I play my team or the enemy team does not have a jungler.

@2nd part see above

If I see someone right next to me I won't continue to hit a minion. I'd either fight or run...As for wards it's pretty obvious to know it's warded.

Carados 07-31-2011 04:56 PM

"I play normal games" isn't an excuse. "My normal Elo is low and this is what works for me at low Elo when everyone is bad, including me" is.

If you see a team without smite, the first thing you do is start in their jungle. That's #1 rule of jungling in this game. Either you counterjungle their moron or you get a safer jungle.

acosn 07-31-2011 04:59 PM

Fortify is a bad ability simply because abilities like exhaust, ignite, flash, and ghost exist, and if you don't have at least one, someone else will, and you'll notice the difference rather quickly.

Fortify is an odd duck just because it's probably the only summoner spell in the game that gets exponentially better as you stack it on your team.

Melvear 07-31-2011 05:01 PM

Going to "steal" the thread and ask this: what about Rammus?

I normally jungle rammus with smite+flash, because it gives me a way to go over minions with powerball, which can be interesting or even clutch in some moments. However, jungling with Rammus usually also means frequent trips back because he can't sustain himself. Having 9 more damage on all attacks could be a nice way to speed up his jungle as well as a good spell later in the game against backdoorer and such.

Thoughts?

Carados 07-31-2011 05:03 PM

You build an early PhiloStone on Jungle Rammus. I don't know why you're having sustain problems.