League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Having trouble countering Gangplank. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1041485)

9Point 07-30-2011 08:20 PM

Having trouble countering Gangplank.

Hey there,
I have been seeing alot more gangplanks lately and with the last few patches to him and the change to life steal i have been having a harder and harder time countering him.

Any ideas?

NoobMule 07-30-2011 08:29 PM

In team fights aim for him, early game talk with your team to gank. Never be alone and have two people that have CC.

9Point 07-30-2011 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=NoobMule;12244704]In team fights aim for him, early game talk with your team to gank. Never be alone and have two people that have CC.[/QUOTE

k...

Prince Lyon 07-30-2011 08:40 PM

Ban him, if the enemy team gets him instalock eve to try to force a queue dodge.

D1rtySanchezZ 07-30-2011 09:09 PM

Gp is just like any other carry around. If GP goes crit then he lacks durability which makes him weak and anyfocus from ap nukers will shut him down quickly.
If GP goes a kind of crit/ tanky dps build then he will kind of miss the amazing crits he can do due to the lack of damage. But he will still hit fairly hard if he is slightly farmed/fed. Which in that case i recomend getting a thronmail for ur entire team. But it has to be a thornmail. No other armour item can counter him as good. The thronmail should be bought or nearly finished after ur 2nd major item. Eg ur playing annie. Start with dorans ring, get boots, then RoA, then deathcap, then thornmail. That way u will still have damage and durability against him.
The same goes for other any other ad carry that u go upagainst, such as trynd, xin, olaf, noctunre and ranged ad champs.
Realy its all situational and if the carry is doin terrible and not farming alot. Then u probs dont need a thornmail. An hourglass will do just fine.

kavinh the third 07-30-2011 09:46 PM

well the counter for gangplank early game is to pit him against someone with a longer range like cait or someone who can burst him back if he ever uses his parley to harass late game it's either focus which is a bit hard if all he does is stay back the other counter is to force a 1 vs 1 and have a banishee veil since he can't pop the veil without wasting his parley during then u have 6seconds to kill him off that or his ult.

Cloud Potato 07-30-2011 09:48 PM

If you're a Sustained DPS, you probably won't beat him 1v1. You need either ganks or burst to take him down quickly. Buying Armor also helps out.

little black b0y 07-30-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1rtySanchezZ (Hozzászólás 12245968)
Gp is just like any other carry around. If GP goes crit then he lacks durability which makes him weak and anyfocus from ap nukers will shut him down quickly.
If GP goes a kind of crit/ tanky dps build then he will kind of miss the amazing crits he can do due to the lack of damage. But he will still hit fairly hard if he is slightly farmed/fed. Which in that case i recomend getting a thronmail for ur entire team. But it has to be a thornmail. No other armour item can counter him as good. The thronmail should be bought or nearly finished after ur 2nd major item. Eg ur playing annie. Start with dorans ring, get boots, then RoA, then deathcap, then thornmail. That way u will still have damage and durability against him.
The same goes for other any other ad carry that u go upagainst, such as trynd, xin, olaf, noctunre and ranged ad champs.
Realy its all situational and if the carry is doin terrible and not farming alot. Then u probs dont need a thornmail. An hourglass will do just fine.

This. Kinda. 99% of GP's go Critplank which once you play him for yourself you notice he's insanely squishy.

Though the guy above me mentions to fight GP as a squishy. Never do this. Ever. Let someone else take care of him like someone who can outrange him or stealth or tanky. GP whether if fed or not with an Avarice Blade + Parley can 3 hit a squishy all game long.

So like I was saying GP is really squishy, but his W does remove all CC effects. You're going to have to focus him really early in the teamfight considering his W has a 15 sec c/d. If you can't get your whole team to stun him 2 or 3 times in a row just back off of him. He's going to run circles around you and just heal with W and crit spam

Snaketeeth01 07-30-2011 10:27 PM

starve him. If you can zone him to the point where he is using Q to farm, he wont be hero harrassing. Once his hp is at half, you can likely dive him and kill him.
He is a squishy bug.

I myself was just able to build a trinity in a game against 4 tank's. They surrendered before I really got to build much else.. I had tier 1 boot and a tear. I was able t take out their health in decent chucks considering how much hp they had, but if they had rushed us i wouldnt be able to deal enough dmg fast enough.

Yes GP can deal high dmg in a single hit, but in melee there are not alot of situations plank is comfortable in. Use this against him!
I was able to do so well because I was allowed to just spam my Q and proc sheen all day long. Which basically means I get double my AD in every Q, and 4X my AD in a crit. X4.5 my AD once I have IE. This is huge damage indeed. BUT when you factor in the cost for these item's and that they give him no endurane, it is a risky build.
Higher risk = higher reward.

GP does well if you don't shut him down. TO do so, outrun him, and outrange him.
garen, mundo, nid, anybody with a speed burst can be a tricky target for plank. Match them agaionst him in early lane, and he will have a slow start. Hopefully your mid lane can dominate him during teamfight's and keep him out of the fight.
In proper positinoing your tank will be between you and him landing a CC on him. Yes he can cleanse 1, but he can't cleanse 2.