League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TF vs Xin (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1008528)

Naronas 07-23-2011 03:57 PM

TF vs Xin

I have recently gotten into playing TF, and found his playstyle something I can adapt to quickly for a hard champ. However, One game, I was in a lane against Xin, where I was wrecked, usually in about 1-1.5 seconds. How could I counter this, especially early? I tried backing off and playing defensive, but he could still charge->knock in air->Hit me and get out.

And yes, I DO know how squishy TF is, I'm just wondering if this is just basically TFs nemesis, or if I am missing some strategy point.

Amish Hacker 07-23-2011 04:02 PM

Gap closers (like xin) are TF's mortal enemy. Stun and turret hug.

aRchiBole 07-23-2011 04:24 PM

last hit with cards and just survive the lane.

VengefulMilk 07-23-2011 06:00 PM

Xin was designed by nature to kills your type of champs in team fights. You're a cobra and he's a mongoose. Its fate :)

But your W has a 5 second cooldown and always use it on stun to initiate against xin. Any form of CC. stun him, attack him, run/kite. Use exhaust if you have it so you can outrun his Stun. Xin's Q makes his next 3 attacks stronger, and on the 3rd hit he throws you in the air. So when he glows after Leaping at you. Exhaust him and run in the lane phase. Keep your distance and last hit when you can and just survive the laning phase if you have to untill your teammates can help you out.

FaerellG 07-23-2011 06:17 PM

Are you AP or AD?

If you're AD, hug, you're pretty screwed until you get to "carry level" in which case, I hope you can kill him in 1 stun duration. Maybe pack flash and exhaust for escape.

If you're AP, you might be able to get away with tagging him with Wild-Cards while bringing your mana back up with Blue card. Lock a gold card if he looks aggressive. He can charge in, get stunned and eat wildcards to the face while you run away.

Naronas 07-23-2011 06:31 PM

@Vengeful, The problem is the initiate for me, When I try to get close enough to get my W off, I get owned. Somebody recommended Thornmail, in a game recently, but is that a good idea for TF? Also, I don't actually tend to run exhaust, i do ghost+ port now. I can't drop port, but is dropping ghost a better idea there?

@farrel, I run a hybrid, so somewhere in between there.

LotusBlossom 07-25-2011 01:45 PM

Let him push the lane a bit so you can last hit from your brush. If he approaches the brush, stun, harass, and run. Repeat and try to keep control of the brush. If he tries to control the brush, he's "losing at laning" since he'll miss last hits as he is melee.
It won't be easy until your burst, I pray you're not AD, is greater than his ability to heal back from his passive. Early AP from runes usually helps. I honestly don't know what runes AP TFs run, so...
Also, try to have a gold card up when he has pushed to your tower in case he tries to dive, which he might after lvl 6, due to the armor and magic resist buff.

DreamsOfGrandeur 07-25-2011 02:15 PM

Xin Zhao is a top tier demon when it comes to 1v1

Twisted Fate is a novice hunter when it comes to 1v1

Demon... Dude with a practice rifle...

Try to avoid Xin Zhao, and tanky dps with gap-closers and cc in general. They're ridiculous.

Vennny 07-25-2011 02:24 PM

Go duo lane with a support.

or

Play really safe and hug the tower 24/7

Hefty Sak 07-25-2011 02:28 PM

you are a squishy carry.

xin likes to eat squishy carries.

stay out of his range and he can't combo you.

gold card will break up his combo.

if you are alone, you are likely dead regardless of summoner spells.