League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Redesigning Dr Mundo (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=10023)

shedim 09-07-2009 05:47 AM

Redesigning Dr Mundo

Dr Mundo is very interesting and I like playing him.....BUT...he sux ass and pales in comparison to every single hero available, yet. Most teams regard him as a liability, and unfortunately they are right 99% of the time.

Let's examine his background and think of how we can improve/adjust him to be a viable choice in competitive games.

Quote:

Dr. Mundo is well-versed in the arts of pain. He wields a wicked cleaver that has been dipped in filth, which causes infections in those he harms – he is even capable of hurling it at nearby enemies.
How about giving the cleaver a passive? Like a dot, which makes Mundo deal more damage the less hp his victim has? And increase the snare duration or the effect!

Quote:

The burning pain that is a part of Dr. Mundo's soul fuels him, allowing him to regenerate. However, he can also unleash it, harming himself and those around him.
How about increasing the damage, the more his enemy is hurt, the more damage he will take?

Quote:

He is also capable of dropping into a sadistic blood-fury, increasing both his speed and the punishment he brings.
I desperately miss the punishment increase in this case.

Quote:

Furthermore, Dr. Mundo's lack of soul makes him difficult to control.
1 cc and you will bite the dust, anyways. That is the problem with the conception of Mundo. The more you are hurt, the more damage you deal - but that doesn't work since this game is a cc-orgy and everyone and his dog has at least 1 disable. I'd prefer the passive to be like the former Boost - the first disable triggers it and grants you spell immunity for a short period. Of course tied to a cooldown.

Quote:

Dr. Mundo is most dangerous when hurt, capable of attacking nearby foes with more fury the more he is damaged.
Unless you don't stack attack speed like crazy, you will hardly benefit from this ability in pvp.

Quote:

Beware the Madman of Zaun. In his eyes, you are already dead.
Sadly most people's eyes watch you die/dead more often...

Also, this hero is labeled as a disabler. I wonder where his disable disappeared?!?

This hero works fine in pve. But against real persons, his conception is just not viable. He would need temporary cc-immunity and either a proper disable, or something to catch up with his victims. I would inverse the mechanic to: the

I don't know, he is fascinating, but still one of the weakest heroes at present. Feel free to suggest improvements, or give a detailed view on how to rock with him.

Lollerman 09-07-2009 06:00 AM

Make Burning Agony scale with his decreasing HP.

FIX the Cleaver, or at least make it easier to distinguish whether or not it's about to hit, like make it spin on a horizontal axis rather than vertical. Alternatively, rework the Cleaver so that it does %HP damage based on the distance your enemy moves over a short period of time. It's boring to have another skill randomly slowing enemies down and seeing that ugly yellow squiggly lines underneath the enemy champs... making the enemy champs "bleed out" will give an incentive not to run from Dr.Mundo, giving players a choice to run and sustain damage, or stay and face Mundo.

Also, 5:1 AP for one single skill is silly; you may as well not give this champion any ability that uses AP if you're going to make his only AP skill 5:1. He's a fun champion and everything, but he's almost always forced to use the same build because of the lack of utility in his abilities.

shedim 09-07-2009 06:39 AM

What kind of build are you talking about?

Lollerman 09-07-2009 06:56 AM

Physically-attacking-your-opponents-build.

Even Tryn can opt for AP Slash/Lust pushing/farming build.

shedim 09-07-2009 07:33 AM

I think Mundo definitely lacks some sort of CC immunity, or Trynd's ulti ;-)

Lollerman 09-07-2009 07:56 AM

Well, you don't need to have CC immunity/escape/chase/[insert] ability on every single champion... that'd make the game one dimensional and boring, but he might need some sort of work-around since every existing champ focuses heavily on some sort of CC - directly or indirectly.

shedim 09-07-2009 09:43 AM

The biggest issue is his health. He's supposed to run around without having full hp, but he is a goddamned melee, so engaging enemies in close combat is mandatory, when you want to achieve anything at all. But in late game, most fights are teamfights and the one with the lowest hp is bursted down instantly, so Mundo can't benefit from his strenghts.

plasmatorture 09-07-2009 10:28 AM

I build him with a Warmog's and a Force of Nature (or w/e the other regen armor is). I always have the hp to spam cleaver doing upwards of 700+ damage on tanks, I pretty much always have the hp to keep up Burning Agony, and I always have enough hp to pop sadism and run away and live/chase a running opponent.

Cleaver could use some extra range and adjustment to its hitbox.

Burning Agony could use a significant increase in damage, a little extra range would be nice too.

You could put the Rupture style bleeding on Cleaver and make Burning Agony slow, that'd be neat, but I feel Rupture-style bleeding shouldn't be on a non-ultimate because noobs won't understand.

Daikaze 09-07-2009 11:16 AM

Burning Agony and his passive need some work IMO, beyond that his abilities are fine... Oh, and Infected Cleaver needs to have a better collision area. I'd like a passive that works like Warwick's Blood Scent ability, in which it activates when an nearby champ is low on health. Perhaps it could be a damage boost or something.

PS: I wish Mundo had Tryndamer's Ult. ;)

TSB Giles 09-07-2009 11:58 AM

I think that the cleaver should be target-oriented...i.e. when you target someone it flies at them regardless of if they're still in your attack range, similar to most other nukes. Maybe it could still hit the first thing it came in contact with in case the opponent was smart enough to hide behind creep or something, but I think the fact that it just flies in the direction you select is gimping it a bit too much.