Thread / Thread Starter Developer Post Forum
Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 09:53 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesi View Post
I would love to see them at grocery stores. Make it easier to tack on to a purchase. Ideally Safeway or Lucky.
Hey Thesi,

This is a very helpful suggestion. I will definitely add it to the list of options we explore! Thanks!


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 09:08 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRespawn View Post
Yea Im gonna stick to paying in USD. No point in paying in Canadian if im going to get less RP.
Hey ImRespawn,

You don't get less RP by purchasing in CAD, when you adjust for the relative strength of the currencies. The whole point of this announcement is that you get the same relative RP regardless of currency used.


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 08:52 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNKeD View Post
So 35$ Canadian for 4200 RP or 36-37$ USD for 5000 RP...that's a no brainer.

I'll be sticking to using USD for all my purchases
Hey TaNKeD,

35 CAD is actually 4,600 RP (4,200 base + 400 Bonus)


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 08:32 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens DV View Post
Why hello there my dear Wingfield!

Please allow me to welcome you with a big hug!

(>^_^)>
Hey Jens DV,

*Hugs*

Keep spreading the love!


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 08:29 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
7 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footie 117 View Post
So, my only method of obtaining RP (prepaid cards) is getting nerfed because reasons =/ glad ive spent all the money i plan on spending on this but god help me if you release a skin i want. >.>
Hey Footie,

Currently, players who buy RP with LoL branded store cards in Canada are getting a better deal than all other North American players who purchase using other payment methods. This happened because we set these prices years ago and the exchange rates moved meaningfully over that time. We're adjusting the prices to make sure that all North America players are on equal footing and feel that this is the fairest long term solution. However, the LoL branded store cards will be available at the old rates for the next two weeks to give you guys plenty of time before we make the final adjustment.

On another note, I am also looking to improve the LoL branded store card initiative and would love to hear if there are any major locations you think are missing from the current coverage?


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 07:57 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleos View Post
Hey Riot,

I tried purchasing the $20 and $35 RP set with the currency set for Canada... but I kept getting errors when attempting to complete the transaction.... However, once I changed it back to United States, the transactions worked.
Hey Koleos,

What payment method were you trying?


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 07:28 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
5 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosEternalRE View Post
On the topic of desserts, have you ever tried Baklava? I have a Greek pastry shop near my house that makes fantastic baklava, so I've grown rather partial towards it. In general, I find the more syrupy variety to be the best kind. Perhaps the best baklava I've ever had was a delicious combination of Baklava ice-cream with more baklava added on top; it was fantastic.

(Wow, that was a bit long winded. I guess I really do like the stuff. :3)
I have had Baklava and it's delicious, but never with ice cream. That is an amazing idea! Must.. find.. immediately!


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 07:26 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
4 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSwrd View Post
Please tell me the price:RP ratios won't stay like this if our dollar crosses over the value of the greenback. I mean, we're quite low right now compared to recent years and I'd be none too happy if our dollar crossed over again and I'd be getting better value buying RP in USD even with exchange fees.
Hi SwiftSwrd,

Since the exchange rates are always fluctuating, we won't be making adjustments for small movements. If there is a major shift, we may potentially readjust the RP to currency ratios.


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 07:19 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehunt0217 View Post
im honestly not a fan of this sense i live in canada
i was perfectly fine paying $36-$38 canadain for 5000 RP ,
but now i get reduced amounts of RP , and i dont have the option to switch over to USD ? sense i live in canada
Hey Mikehunt0217,

We wanted to expand the options for Canadian players, so you still have the ability to purchase in USD if you want. You can change your region to US when selecting Purchase Method to pay in USD.


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 07:10 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
2 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch RawerBeryl View Post
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I'm part of the cookies and cream master race.
Hey Hatch RawerBery1!

Cookies and cream is an excellent choice. What's better than one dessert? Combining two desserts into one!

I have to say I'm also partial to chocolate fudge brownie.. Another great combined flavor


Heads up! You can now purchase RP from the in-game store using Canadian dollars Wingfield
3 Weeks Ago 06:23 AM
General Discussion

Wingfield

NA eCommerce Manager

3 Weeks Ago
1 of 12 Riot Posts

Hi Everyone,

Iím the new North America eCommerce Manager and Iím excited to introduce myself here on the forums. Iím happy to answer any of your questions about eCommerce in the region or to discuss anything and everything dessert (particularly Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Pls).

We thought it strange that our Canadian players had to use US dollars to purchase their RP, so we decided to make a change. From now on players will be able to purchase using Canadian dollars and we are simultaneously realigning all RP values to reflect the current US to Canadian exchange rate. All Canadian payment methods currently in US dollars will be adjusted to Canadian dollars today. League of Legends branded store cards will be adjusted on August 12, so all players on the NA server will receive equivalent value for their money.

Here are the new RP costs for all payment methods, excluding mobile:

  • 5 CAD = 600 RP
  • 10 CAD = 1,200 RP + 75 Bonus RP
  • 20 CAD = 2,400 RP + 175 Bonus RP
  • 25 CAD (LoL branded store cards only) = 3,000 + 250 Bonus RP
  • 35 CAD = 4,200 RP + 400 Bonus RP
  • 50 CAD = 6,000 RP + 650 Bonus RP
  • 100 CAD = 12,000 RP + 1,700 Bonus RP

Iíll be around for the next few hours, so hit me up with any questions you have about this new payment option or about your favorite dessert.


EDIT: August 12th Update: Hey Everyone, in line with the original announcement, we have switched over the League of Legends branded store cards to the the new RP cost schedule above, so that all players on the NA server are receiving equivalent value for their money, regardless of payment method (excluding mobile).


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 11:34 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
233 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Dolphin View Post
Oktoberfest Nami.

Idc when, I just want to knock people up with a wave of BEER!!!
This guy and his crazy ideas!


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:10 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
232 of 233 Riot Posts

Gotta run! Last few hours have been swell. Feel free to keep leaving posts in here and I'll return again!

Awaaayyyyyyy!


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:09 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
231 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimeow View Post
Is it possible to add you from a third party app on my phone or can I just add you when I fix my pc I have to change the CPU heatsink
It'll be there when you get back.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:08 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
230 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphraex View Post
What phone do you have? =D
Droid RAZR Maxx. It's old and is garbage. I need a new one badly. I'm probably going to break down and finally get an iphone.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:07 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
229 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Dolphin View Post
WizardCrab vs Ghostcrawler

Who would win? Well let's look into their abilities.

WizardCrab

Passive: Crab
Wizardcrab makes a den in the beach to call his own. WizardCrab becomes immune to all attacks while in his den.

Q: Hi, I'm an eCommerce Associate!
WizardCrab says "Hi, I'm an eCommerce Associate!" causing all summoners in a 1000 unit radius who don't know what in the heavens eCommerce is to look it up on google, stunning them while they search it. It also causes all summoners in the radius that know what eCommerce is to have their base stats increased by 1% for the rest of the game, this effect can stack.

W: Arcane Beam
WizardCrab shoots a beam of Arcane energy from his claws?/pincers?/crabhands?/I-give-up causing magic damage to all units that are hit. If WizardCrab is in his den, this attack will become AOE.

E: Crab Turf War
Any other Crab related champion can contest WizardCrab over his den.
However, if WizardCrab wins his allied team get's free crab legs, raising their max health by 500 for the rest of the game.

R: Bundles.... so many bundles.....
WizardCrab creates a bunch of skin bundles, and then throws them at the enemy, causing them to spend all their RP while they're stunned for the duration.




GhostCrawler

Passive: Crab
GhostCrawler makes a den in the beach to call his own. GhostCrawler becomes immune to all attacks while in his den.

Q: Ghost
GhostCrawler is a ghost, so he can go through terrain.

W: Nerfbat
A unfair attack that reduces the stats of all abilities.

E: Crab Turf War
Any other Crab related champion can contest GhostCrawler over his den.
However, if GhostCrawler wins his allied team get's free crab legs, raising their max health by 500 for the rest of the game.

R: "NERF PALADINS TO THE GROUND BABY!!!"
GhostCrawler says "NERF PALADINS TO THE GROUND BABY!!!" causing all non-wow players to be confused for 2.5 seconds before moving on to what they were doing. Also causes the Blizzard Staff to enter a sobbing session for 1 hour.
Lolololololol you have some mighty interesting champion ideas, Robotic Dolphin.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:05 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
228 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millea View Post
Have you ever considered making the three champions available in the tutorial, Ashe, Garen, and Ryze, available to everyone? There's a lot of new players who are confused when they have these champions available in the tutorial but not later.

It would make a lot of new players' experiences a lot better, and it won't even cost you that much; all three of those champions are only 450 each.
That's why we switched to the new player champ pool. When you're low level, you have access to a set list of champs now instead of being stuck with the F2P champs rotating on you. I think those guys might even be in that pool, not sure though.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:04 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
227 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimeow View Post
Senpai pls
Sorry, I was at 300. Check now.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:02 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
226 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulgolet2000 View Post
Hey WizardCrab!
I must know, whenever you go to a restaurant and see a dish that contains crabs in the menu, what do you do? Do you freak out? Do you run away immediately? Do you go to the kitchen of the restaurant and steals as many crabs as possible as long as they are alive?
I bide my time. Our day will come...


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 06:01 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
225 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
what did you major in?
Business and Materials Science and Engineering.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 05:33 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
212 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimeow View Post
@WizardCrab Thoughts on red lobster?
Not my favorite. Near where I grew up there was an Olive Garden next door, and I'd take the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks over Red Lobster any day.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 05:31 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
211 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolPenguinz View Post
How did you come up with your name? My name was just thinking about penguins and how funny they are when they slip and fall
Well I've always really liked crabs (I long ago decided a crab would have been my Patronus) and I've always played a wizard or mage in any RPG where it's an option. Then XBox random name generator spun its wheels until it landed on WizardCrab; it was just so perfect.

And here I am!


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 05:28 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup4now View Post
Wookiee is terrible at getting his point across to a mob, and is only tossing water on the oil fire. Many responses say that he is defending Kacey, I highly doubt he is, but the way he types to the community sure can be taken that way. All he needed to do was say "we're looking into it" loud and clear. This is a vague statement with little value but that would be interpreted by most of the forums as some form of proto-justice forming, which MAY be a big fat lie, but it would calm things down and that's really what matters here.
I think, as I look over a lot of the comments in this thread I'd have to agree with you. What originally was supposed to be a conversation about our Name and Shame guidelines and why a bunch of threads were being closed (modsRMurderlololol) morphed into a Kaceytron conversation. It seems like I am speaking to a wall, and the players frustrated with me feel the same. Most likely because we're not really talking about the same topics and we never really were. They want a Kaceytron conversation, I want a conversation about policy.

I suppose it would be best to wrap this up at this point. I'm going to think about better ways to try and "talk with the mob" in the future. Maybe it's not worth trying to talk at all. I'd like to think that we can make General Discussion a better place in the long run though, so I'm not really willing to throw in the towel yet.

While I'm sure a small subset of trolls will try to use this thread as an example of my own stance on a particular player, I hope I conveyed that ultimately, there is no public stance for us to reveal. We will actively seek out and punish people who intentionally try to ruin the game, whether they are streamers or not. If you're interested in helping us, then your best bet is to provide coherent and accurate reports directly to Riot and not the forums.

We do not prosecute cases in the court of public opinion.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 05:28 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
210 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkflameShyvana View Post
You're killing me.

If I ever write a suicide note, you can be sure your name will be in it.

On a lighter note, thanks for this thread atleast. Nice to see some kind of answers from inside Riot, even if they are wishy-washy.
Yeah I hate that wishy-washy is often the best I can do, but I just don't have unilateral ownership of announcing every potential LoL update on the forums. I hope this is better than nothing.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 05:26 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
209 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamon Ganja View Post
Hello WizardCrab!

I have a few questions for you...

1. Are we gonna have an extra bonus rp anytime soon?

2. Will there ever be an option to buy things (skins, champs, rp) outside of the client, like on your phone?

3. Have you played the new champ yet?

4. Will there be an ultimate skin this year?

5. Will there be a skin sale list for august?

6. Why was the mecha summoners icon not available for IP like some of the others?

Thanks!
1. This I cannot say.

2. Yes.

3. Not in a full game, but I've messed around.

4. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I believe we're still trying to stick to 1 per year.

5. Nope.

6. Copy pasted from an earlier post of mine (albeit on Reddit):

Quote:
Hey guys, I just want to clear up a couple of things.

Like a lot of people in this thread are saying, the IP price for summoner icons is a thing that has so far only been tied to specific events. We've done it for Lunar Revel, Pentakill, and the soccer (football) stuff. The strategy is still slightly malleable but it is likely going to be as follows:

For event-based purchasable icons, there will be an RP price and an IP price that will remain for the duration of the event. The reason event-based icons have an IP price is to help generate enthusiasm for the event. When you logged in and half of your friends list was sporting the Pentakill icon, it was super cool and got you excited for what was happening (at least it was like that for me). But, if the icon is to remain in the store permanently, the IP price will be removed after the event. Purchasable icons that are not event-based (like the Mecha icon) will generally not have IP prices. The Mecha icon is here to let players further signify their love of the skin line rather than to get people pumped for the release of these skins. Only having an RP price is our general strategy regarding non gameplay-affecting cosmetic content, and these fall into that category. I added to this confusion by forgetting to remove the IP price from the Hat Trick Icon after July 13th in some regions, and for that I apologize.

I know that the definition of an event is a little confusing here, and Iíll admit I donít have an incredibly clear answer for that. Specifically for just this context, an event involves more than just a themed skin release/promotion site (often with some time-sensitive component). I know thatís super vague but weíre always trying new things and to be honest theyíll probably be determined on a case-by-case basis.

As far as the IP sink argument goes, summoner icons is not the place where weíre trying to solve that issue. I donít want to get in a huge debate about IP sinks in this particular thread, but Iím happy to discuss that in other places (like my thread in the forums or another reddit thread or something).

I hope this makes sense.


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 04:42 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyBland View Post
As he said before, the thread is about naming and shaming, not about banning a player.
He's obviously playing the devil's advocate trying to put things into a different light, so people realize that the case is not as obvious and clear as people think it is.
The truth is: You need people to look at things OBJECTIVELY to make a decision. The forums have shown time and time again that they are completely unable to do so as a whole.

TrulyBland, I think you get it.

Some of the more active posters here are trying to paint me in a corner, and that's not what this thread is about. I'm not claiming the guilt or innocence of any particular player, I'm describing why we don't allow witch hunts and how a lot of "evidence" can be manipulated into something completely wrong.

For example, the very first picture of "feeding" was a completely different player, yet that didn't stop everyone from trying to use it as proof.

So far, any video linked has evidence of a player performing poorly, but not doing it intentionally to harm or spite other players. Yet, these same videos keep getting linked as absolute proof of wrong doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00tyWarriorr View Post
I believe the question many of us will be asking very soon is why was action against this player not taken much MUCH earlier? The VoDs that people are bringing to light are several months old some even 7+ months old. A lot of the old VoDs show clear trolling attempts, hell there's even a thread with a VoD 8 months old showing her ADMITTING it. The issue should have been addressed then, which it clearly wasn't. So when people bring up past evidence about an issue that should have been dealt with a long time ago, wookie writes it off as being too old to use as evidence in the discussion now.

That all to me seems extremely backwards and I know I can't be the only one who thinks so.

@WookieeCookie care to respond?
I think this is a good question but it also assumes we have not taken any action prior. Whether we did or not, we wouldn't announce it publicly unless the player affected tried to make a public case out of it.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people here are less interested in someone facing consequences for their actions and more interested in getting their internet blood lust satisfied. That's why it's not enough for us to purely punish a player, but they also demand that they be told all the gritty details as well.

They'll be left empty handed though because that's not how we do things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrow View Post
"We wouldn't really ban or punish a player purely based off the perception a group of people have. This would allow groups of players to target someone, claim some sort of grievance, and by sheer QQ and volume get that person banned. That's at the heart of our reasoning for not allowing witch hunts."

So what about the tribunal? She should have been in it already but now that it's down she can't be caught now that you say there's no evidence.

The tribunal was still active while she was playing. As I mentioned though there seems to be a big disconnect from people who watch her stream and take it upon themselves to get her banned, and the players she ends up in matches with. The account never went to Tribunal because the people she played with never tried to send it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roenier View Post
I can't believe this. How many months, how many videos are there showing this person blatantly trolling and ruining games.

Here are videos of her. Obviously there's poor behaviour from others, deal with them if you want but I seriously want you see what this girl does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2F59oyzpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYTco2mZSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1zlTERUoU

I can keep posting if you want more evidence. Want me to post her stream as well so you can sit there and watch what she does?

I seriously don't get why you're even trying to defend her or the fact NO ACTION has EVER been taken.
You're not really addressing my core points. I understand the shtick of her persona and showing me a bunch of highlight clips of someone being dumb doesn't really get to the heart of the matter. We don't ban people for being dumb, if you have specific videos of someone intentionally feeding or ruining games then by all means send them to us so we can review them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKAMUS PRIME View Post
So I know shaming isn't OK,but what else are supposed to do against the whole horde of champ select trolls (and especially the duo q trolls) that have been popping up lately. With the new bans against toxic players, it seems like you guys are more concerned about taking out people being mean instead of the people that are actively and purposefully throwing games. I personally would rather someone play to win and call me a fa****during the game then play with someone who acts polite but is feeding, trolling, not grouping, and doing everything else in their power to make the team lose. Maybe people would stop name shaming if you would even address the issue, instead of ignoring every problem other than name calling.
Good question Sparkamus! But if you see someone trolling say in champion select then you can take a screenshot and send it to player support. I'd also encourage you to report the player after the game anyways as well so our system can keep track of them. We have other ways of identifying trolls beyond just chat logs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoCreapeazxX View Post
Wookie you are currentely in what is known as a "Circlejerk" The safest state to assume while in a circlejerk is to leave it be.
Attachment 1028111

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindasleep View Post
The name and shame isn't what's not being enforced. What I'm saying is that Riot is censoring people in a way akin to how governments shut down news agencies that disagree with them, or how cable news is imbalanced because they will and have killed or changed stories purely because their sponsors would be upset. Riot isn't really making enough off of her to justify protecting her interest. If the painter you hired intentionally messes up the paint on every house he goes to he shouldn't be allowed to keep painting houses for profit.
http://xkcd.com/1013/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum LeBroken View Post
I know for a fact Wookie is too intelligent to actually believe what he wrote there.

I know he couldn't possibly be that braindead to actually believe it isn't all blatant.
Of course I don't believe that image linked. It's a small excerpt of my message with editorial commentary written over it in a 50+ page thread.

The dude just wants to selectively quote me to feed the internet rage machine. It's not the first time I've been purposely misquoted. Pretty sure it won't be the last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order5 View Post
One of my favorite movies.
Since this thread is supposed to be about naming and shaming instead of about any one particular summoner, might I hear your thoughts on a matter?

There might not be a need for it, but shouldn't people who are named and shamed be informed about it? People who are accused of something and are in fact guilty probably won't be surprised, but shouldn't they still get to know that there is a target on their back? I have noted that giving out names of the attackers probably isn't a good idea since that could escalate things if the victim decides to retaliate, and that it can raise needless concern in victims who are innocent, but shouldn't they at least know about it?
In the past, players which have been the targets of witch hunt usually know they are being targeted without us having to tell them. :P


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:32 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
185 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarlorr View Post
Who wouldn't suggest Urgot?
Good point. Maybe we'll just do Victorious Urgot then.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:31 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
184 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Is there at least a guarantee that this year the Victorious skin is going to be a mid or ADC?
No guarantees


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:30 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
183 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeboat View Post
regarding the rewards for lifetime purchases...

you said you can't reveal details on the current state of what's planned. can you reveal what was previously planned and why it was ditched?
There were a lot of versions, but until we have a finalized, released version I think it would be unwise to talk about the details. It's really about making sure we're rewarding the right people for the right reasons with compelling rewards, which is actually more difficult than it sounds.


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:26 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
182 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Syndra, Diana, or any mid laner that has squat for skins or completed skins. That or an ADC, just not Lucian, it's bad enough that he's in every game. Every other role has been covered. Riot will have a Riot on their hands if it's something trolly like Victorious Tryndamere which 99% of us hate and he already has 472 skins (who the hell buys Trynd skins?) meanwhile some others don't have a single completed one.

I just hope this year it's better quality than last year's Elise was. It looks like plastic rather than metalic and everything about it looks rushed and poorly done... not to mention the textures look ultra low res. I know it was "free", but Jesus Christ, there was less effort in that than a recolour.
I'd argue against you on the Victorious Elise skin as I quite like it, but that's not really worth it here.

I will say I will fight my hardest to make sure that the Victorious skin isn't for a champion that only has 1 other skin (release skin). Will I win that fight? I dunno. But I didn't like that Elise got the last one with only one other skin, leaving players that love Elise but didn't make gold high and dry when it comes to further customization options. We'll see what happens though.

Anyone else have thoughts on that last point?


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:21 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
181 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamon Ganja View Post
Hi WizardCrab! I know this might be out of you expertise but is there a planned UI update that will go along with the SR update?
You mean the game UI? I don't think so...


@WizardCrab WizardCrab
3 Weeks Ago 04:20 PM
General Discussion

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
180 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Wait, so are you the one responsible for the way Traditional skins are released?

I hate to be someone who plugs his own thread into another's thread, but...can you please explain why Traditional skins are handled the way they are?


This especially burns for Sejuani.
I appreciate your passion here. I can't imagine we'd ever have them for free but maybe it's possible they'll hit the store at some point? I honestly haven't put a ton of thought into it because I haven't heard a lot of player demand for them. If it ever becomes a big issue we're always willing to reevaluate, but I don't expect the strategy to change anytime soon. My understanding is that these skins were made to be given to people who felt that a champion they loved was being dramatically changed so they could continue to connect with the old version.


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 03:28 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindasleep View Post
Watch some of the videos then or the f*cking stream that's on right now.http://www.twitch.tv/kaceytron/c/3423691
It's not unfair for us to expect you to do your jobs using any tools available.
Okay. I watched it. And? So far I see a bad player who got shutdown gold on their opponent. This is hardly compelling evidence of intention to feed or troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchMeIHavCandy View Post
Let me get this straight. Kaceytron is now free from getting banned because she tanked her MMR so much that she can actually purposefully feed and it won't be out of place because that's normal for that MMR? Do you not see a problem with that? She basically just exploited a flaw in your punishment system by trolling so hard that she can't actually be banned for feeding because she's actually skilled for her MMR.

I'm not sure you have anything straight. I have not commited to any action or in-action. My point is merely that there are a lot of considerations involved with investigations and we don't allow witch hunts to try and "further along justice".

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrospectionMan View Post
While it is quite hard to determine simply from her games, and not her stream, that she is intentionally trolling/feeding and whatnot, it isn't hard to detect her consistent amount of afking. While I know you guys are not allowed to use streaming or instances of her acting foolish or simply asinine onstream as evidence that she's trolling, I do wonder what the state of the game becomes, then, if any common person can imitate her behavior, at the very least. Does this mean that the stance Riot has taken on these sorts of issues allow people to troll as hard as they can, for as long as they can, as long as they don't flame or afk for too long? This entire scenario reveals a very troubling future since the very nature of your system condemns you to being unable to detect true trolls from people in that elo bracket, thus worsening the play for the not as skilled players due to trolls. It's a real Catch-22, and I do wonder how you intend to solve this.

IntrospectionMan, you're living up to your namesake! This is actually an interesting point. I think the question you bring (and a lot of other posters have) is at what point does something become intentional feeding or intentional afking? What is the distinction between someone who is bad, and someone who is bad on purpose? What is the distinction between someone who gets distracted for 5 seconds every now and then and someone who purposely leaves the game?

I don't really believe there is one set of answers for these questions. It can become a weird gray area. And while we do have systems to identify behavior like this, the systems are not tuned for this gray area. Without commenting too much, I do know that Lyte's team is working on an update for Leaverbuster detection and one of their aims was to cut down on this gray area. Will it solve the problem? I'm not sure, but it would be interesting to see how a system would approach examples like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00tyWarriorr View Post
Spend a couple hours watching her stream and I think you'll arrive at the conclusion most of us already did.

Something to consider is that whether she is actually trolling or not it is largely perceived as if she is in fact trolling and feeding on purpose. Therefor, this behavior going unpunished, even if it's unwarranted, encourages the behavior.

We wouldn't really ban or punish a player purely based off the perception a group of people have. This would allow groups of players to target someone, claim some sort of grievance, and by sheer QQ and volume get that person banned. That's at the heart of our reasoning for not allowing witch hunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
Will people stop telling others to "watch her stream"?

You are literally advertising for the person you hate at this point

I bet a lot of you are her "biggest fans" in terms of ad revenue

It's seriously ****ing retarded.
It is sort of silly that her greatest detractors are the ones that drive most of her traffic and views. This isn't the first time that someone has played the anger of GD to their advantage, I doubt it will be the last. But will GD ever learn of the Streisand Effect and adapt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ay Yo Boo Boo View Post
You're PATHETIC!
She deserves to be banned today. Not tomorrow, not the next couple of days, not next week, not in the following weeks. She deserves to be banned today.
And you not doing it shows you are defending her and do not follow your own rules.
You are a disgrace to this community.

I'm sorry I don't work at the behest of angry internet keyboard warriors. Our investigations on issues take their own pace, witch hunting does nothing but slow us down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFist View Post
You wanted proof that's a video right? Here KaceyTron is the biggest troll

You just linked me a video almost 9 months old as evidence? This is why a lot of evidence is just hearsay or simply unusable. Your assumption is that we have not previously taken action on the topic, but we don't comment publicly one way or the other. Which is kind of why these witch hunts are so useless. You're providing information which provides little value for us based off the little context you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyted View Post
I don't see it as a question of whether or not this person is trolling the answer to that is obvious. I will say I think it is fine if she can make money while putting on her act, but she should not be allowed to do it in ranked play.

Riot has taken a stance on smurfing and elo boosting why not take a similar stance against purposely tanking games in ranked play? Whether right or wrong people take ranked seriously and for someone to queue up with the intention of feeding.....that seems to be against what Riot is trying to create.
We actually will take action on players that purposely tank their MMR to lower levels, especially if it's for the sole purpose of crushing lower skilled players. The main thing we would look for in a situation like that is intent though. So again, for everyone reading, if you do have sufficient evidence of intent by all means share it with us through our support site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00tyWarriorr View Post
Wookie makes a thread about how Riot is against witch hunting. He is now the target of a witch hunt.

Oh the irony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS All is OP View Post
If you were one of those players playing with said unnamed streamer who lost a promo match because the unnamed streamer afked after dying 10 times you wouldn't find it entertaining anymore.
This is very true! However, there does not seem to be a connection between the amount of internet rage and the frequency of reports from actual players involved. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ravens View Post
Wookiee, does Riot investigate outside of actions taken within the client? For example, if a concerned player reported through a support ticket that a streamer was intentionally feeding and frequently stated so on stream, would Riot investigate the stream to confirm? Or would such a streamer avoid a ban if in-game their actions seemed excusable by simply being a poor player/having rough games regardless of stream content?

Good question Nine Ravens! We definitely will take outside factors into consideration. It can be a bit tricky because we need to have enough information to take action. But if there is sufficient evidence to show intent then we would still take action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
Would you ever consider a wall of shame for extremely egregious things like JaGEx had for botters? The only equivalent thing I can think of for League would be ranked boosters/win traders/drophackers/etc.

I'm not talking about trolls, selfish brats, or high strung witch hunters. I'm talking about people with undeniable marks where even if they never boost again, they will always be known as a booster because some of those things can't be forgiven in a game's context.

I'm not really familiar with Jagex' wall of shame idea, but it is interesting. Although we generally don't want to highlight the misdeeds of others, I think there is something to be said about a player having to live with the consequences of their actions. For example, a player involved in MMR Boosting will have all current AND past ranked rewards taken away. Maybe some sort of badge that lets other players know this happened as well? I'm not really convinced that's what we need, but it is an interesting idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS16e993fca73f600752b51 View Post
How can you not find proof that they are trolling? Here's a VoD they made themselves of them saying that they were playing this game in Challenger in 2003 (no that's not a typo, they are literally saying 2003):

http://www.twitch.tv/kaceytron/c/4746168

They obviously know this is bull****, but know that saying stupid things like this will get them views. Me even putting this here for you is doing that. You making this thread is giving them more views. People will continue to giver them views like this until they get banned.

The fact that you're more worried about us witch hunting is sad. I hate the idea of witch hunting, but in this case the person is very blatantly doing something wrong. The way you're handling this is equivalent to watching someone steal repeatedly, you doing nothing about it, and then telling people not to slander the thief's name when people try to get them accused of stealing since they are very clearly doing it.

So we should ban someone because they make silly outlandish claims that everyone can tell is satire?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedtokill View Post
Hey wookie, Im not one to normally argue with you I understand your job and you stay in the right with me consistently. But this statement was a little odd to me.

"The scores in the match history are not very good, but when I take a look at the MMR present on the account, it starts to make sense.

I don't know if you've watched the "Salty Teemo" stream in the past. But it is a stream of low MMR players on twitch. We see a lot of bad plays, item builds, etc etc that to a lot of League players may look like trolling. But the reality is that low MMR is designed for that level of skill. We want to make sure we don't punish a player purely for being bad."

You said that about this player, but if you watch this players stream you can tell by watching this players stream and how they talk about the game and such they are clearly a money hungry troll. This isnt a good reflection on riot or the community to have a player like this, I know that you cannot disclose what you do to people according to bans and punishment, but I think you should publicly show everyone what happens to players like this. I understand how riot works, but I think the best move would to witch hunt this player to show the community that it will be dealt with swiftly and with no forgiveness.

I understand where you're coming from, and my intent was not to excuse any particular player's actions. I would re-iterate that I am not committing one way or the other on this issue. That's not really the point of this thread, it's more to discuss witch hunting and the impact/flaws of internet justice.

Having low MMR is not an automatic pass to any sort of punishment, but it is a consideration among many others that we'd look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukimedes Shodai View Post
i leave this here. your move riot.

standing still and dying 13 times is now understandable if this is the case riot.

or can i demonstrate it and then post that i was banned :P
A video of a player standing still and dying 13 times in a row would be very helpful for any investigation. So far though such a video has yet to be brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surondom View Post
Why constantly make posts on this thread if you are just gonna repeat yourself without giving us any kind of progress? And please do not respond to this post with another post that progresses nothing at all.

Because if you think this thread is about getting a player banned you're missing the point. We're discussing the why we have a No Name and Shame rule. If you're expecting anything else, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 01:51 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haestro View Post
I can't believe a Riot employee is actually trying to defend someone who blatantly trolls on stream. Is this a joke?
You should not mistake me for defending anyone. I am explaining our rules around witch hunting on the forums and why we have them/how witch hunts can go wrong.

You'll notice I have said nothing about whether anyone is going to get punished or not.


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 01:45 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegermeifter View Post
@wookie..

100rammus isnt her. that was merely a joke post to prove a point.

But we have shown plenty of evidence.

Simply look at her match history

Any dinglebat can do that and see the massive 1-10 ratio games she has.

Her lolking(which we know you guys use), shows shes in a 3v3 challenger team, but bronze 5 solo Q.

Come on.
Hey Jaeger, appreciate your reply.

We may look at LoLking in cases like this, but we also have a suite of our own tools to check out a player's match history.

One thing that doesn't seem to link up is the claim of the challenger team. From what I can see there is a Silver III 3's team, but no challenger. Then again, it's possible a bunch of high MMR players invited her to a challenger team to troll their viewers.

The scores in the match history are not very good, but when I take a look at the MMR present on the account, it starts to make sense.

I don't know if you've watched the "Salty Teemo" stream in the past. But it is a stream of low MMR players on twitch. We see a lot of bad plays, item builds, etc etc that to a lot of League players may look like trolling. But the reality is that low MMR is designed for that level of skill. We want to make sure we don't punish a player purely for being bad.


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 01:31 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Some good discussion going on! Some... not so good discussion! But I figured I'd jump into clarify a few points. I don't think it will satisfy everyone and that's okay. If you think this post is going to result in someone getting banned you'll be disappointed. I'm merely the messenger to share why Naming and Shaming is wrong and why we don't allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaann View Post
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...2&d=1406443142


this is a enough proof to get her banned^
I've seen this mentioned multiple times in this thread, so I figured I would use it as an example of something from a witch hunt that isn't really sufficient. How are we to claim that this is the person you accuse? There is no name on it? Screenshots are great, videos are preferable, if you have accurate descriptive evidence, then by all means share it with us in a support ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
I doubt any of the pro players that get banned/fined don't "take it public," and yet the esports manager posts their punishments on GD.
Our Esports players have contracts with us. They are expected to exhibit a certain level of professionalism, and when they don't public announcements are made. Similar to other sports. This is not naming and shaming; it's holding people accountable to the contract they signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
At which time the system will send an automated reply, followed by a canned reply, followed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, followed by "we may or may not have taken an action(s) or no action but either way we're not telling you. You will have no idea whether your report did anything at all, or even whether this email was generated by an AI."
This is true. We do not comment on any actions that may or may not be taken. There's a lot of reasons for this, but mostly because our disciplinary measures are not there to satisfy the blood lust of others. If someone is legitimately breaking our rules they will eventually get punished. If they're not, we won't. We don't explain this because people will frequently argue back and forth with us about the specifics of a case. This can be troublesome because the player usually only has limited context on the situation or is making a lot of wild assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
What about all the "dunking" the past few days that you're doing to show people that the system really works? I guess now we see that it really doesn't work at all.
We don't reveal people's dirty laundry randomly. You'll notice that the threads where we discuss a player's behavior are done at that player's request. They took it to the forums to discuss their behavior, and we responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
Naming and shaming is vigilante justice at best. I know there is a lot of frustration about the lack of visible evidence of punishment but that's just how things go. A company cannot go around saying "We banned X and Y today for doing Z" because it's not good for business even if it means people think they're doing nothing. I don't know why so many people get so angry at Riot for trying to handle things carefully. Even if there is overwhelming evidence they still have to do their own checks into issues.
This is pretty spot on. I know GD generally has a short memory, but this isn't our first rodeo involving naming and shaming threads. Even from some of the comments here you can see how it quickly gets out of control and people get more and more vitriolic about others. We're not in the business of blasting players or leveraging insults against them. We want people to face justice and we'll take a look at each case and the details present. However, we don't do this at the behest of internet justice mob who generally only know the surface details of any given situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inspectre View Post
I understand that "Name and Shame" threads aren't something beneficial to the community, but the reason these threads started up is because players are frustrated. Seeing someone broadcast themselves ruining games for months without any serious action being taken against that person is really sad to watch. Not publicly discussing details of one players misconduct is one thing, but having no results against a player that publicly displays a mountain of evidence that they committed bannable actions is another.
One thing in a situation like this that I find interesting, is in game reports are actually pretty low on the person you accuse. People involved with the actual games don't seem to be getting nearly upset or angry as people watching on the internet.

Sometimes it can be difficult to determine someones skill level just by watching them. There are legitimately bad players out there who don't know how to play the game, this is usually reflected in their MMR and eventually their league placement. We won't punish a player who's just bad, even if they are a public persona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITOtwinshadows View Post
Yo wookie. I'm kinda curious as to how/why the 'naming and shaming' rules differ for a streamer who gets thousands of viewers (and thus invites the public ridicule of their actions from the individuals in the challenger series/LCS who you guys have NO problem naming and shaming on a rather frequent basis. Double standard much?

That's a good question, and I sort of touched on it above. But our LCS players have signed a contract with us which outlines the kind of behavior we expect from them. In this contract it outlines the disciplinary process which includes a formal public announcement from Riot Esports. This is similar treatment to other sports leagues out there if a player ends up fined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
Once again: you are incorrect. She most certainly does troll and feed in-game. There's a match history screenshot of a Rammus game she played with 103 deaths. Yes, a hundred and three. She doesn't often manage to die so many times, but she tries.
I mentioned above a link to the screenshot. There isn't really a lot to go off of, and if this is evidence it's one of the reasons we don't follow the internet mob to justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeTheWitch View Post
You really are sad, but you know that already. You're arguing for a terrible person that willingly ruins the experience for other people and profits off them. I bet you support the things that Hitler and Stalin did too. You're scum, she's scum and you'll both get what you deserve.
This is why witch hunts get silly. You're literally comparing a streamer to two of the worst dictators from the 20th century. Perspective much?


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 10:46 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiki View Post
tl;dr we're not going to punish her
TL;DR: We wouldn't share what we do either way. We generally only discuss punishments when players themselves take it public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I ONLY LEE SIN View Post
Sometimes when nothing gets done for so long, naming is the only way to get riots attention.

If you genuinely believe someone is guilty of something then by all means send a coherent well thought out message to us with proper evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintDarius View Post
I like how the only way to get your attention was to name and shame.
This assumes that players are not already on our radar. We usually don't comment about a lot of what we see and do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeTheSheppy View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Wookiee, but I have a question. Weird Al PROMOTED the use of tin foil hats in his recent video "Foil", a parody of the song "Royals" by Lorde. Thoughts on this?
I don't like Lorde. Her music puts me to sleep. Like Nora Jones. But I like Weird Al. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkvolcanReborn View Post
I like her as much as every other person out there who gets that she's joking, but can you at least address the fact that intentional feeders, trolls, and AFKers are still running rampant while Lyte desperately chases people who said "stop feeding"?

I mean, a common topic that kept coming up in all these threads was how she wasn't the only one who was happily doing all these things without seeing anything remotely close to a consequence. There's countless others. ****, even my last couple games had a bunch of trolls that'll get off easy.

When will you guys actually start doing something about these? I know Lyte said he has some new system coming out to address them, but he said the same **** a year ago too. What's the actual deal here?

Can't really be specific tbh. Lyte shared the system they're working on. Looks pretty cool. Soon TM, and all that jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dunkmaster View Post
so we send a support ticket in so we can get an automated response and then it gets thrown to the side for someone to skim over in their free time?
A support ticket doesn't mean we'll spell out our plans for any given player, but it does help bring information to our attention.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFondue View Post

Plus 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killr√*ven View Post
I am blowing up your boss's twitter feed, hoping to get others to help as well, thank you for finally giving us a Rioters name to add to the list of those unwilling to take action. Using mods is much less effective than when I can actually name you as the mod whose blatantly discriminating against the general player base by enforcing rules on us but not KAYCETRON

FIGHT THE POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Fungus View Post
Disgusting Wookiee, I thought better of you.


My job doesn't always let me be the good guy. I accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
Sounds like the kind of generic bull**** you'd hear in a mock trial of some show...

In fact i saw it in The Wolf Among us recently

:^)

I'm playing through it now, loving it!


On Naming And Shaming WookieeCookie
3 Weeks Ago 09:36 PM
General Discussion

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

3 Weeks Ago
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Hey dudes,

Happy Saturday. What'cha up to? I was playing League, when someone let me know of some forum drama. Apparently there's been an outbreak of "Name and Shame" threads. Since these threads are against our rules, they've been closed or deleted.

However, this has left some of you thinking about a conspiracy.

I'm not one for chemtrails or tin foil hats, so I thought I'd clarify our policy on the issue for everyone. If you have questions or concerns feel free to shoot them my way.

When a thread is closed for Name and Shame, Riot is not taking a stance on the issue. Our policy is clear, we don't allow such threads, even if we know a player is at fault.

Why?

Well, multiple reasons. We don't want trolly players to get more attention then they already have. Naming and Shaming has the funny effect of making the target even more popular.

Also, and usually the mob doesn't like this part, sometimes internet justice is wrong. We don't think that the forums is the best place to conduct a trial and we will close any threads that try to do this.

If you genuinely are concerned about a player and think they are violating our rules, then you should reach out to us directly through our support site. We do not conduct investigations through the court of public opinion.

Usually we just close these kinds of threads, but with this post giving you all a heads up, I'm letting you know ahead of time that repeat attempts to name and shame will result in bans from the forums.

Again, this has nothing to do with our stance on the issue, and everything to do with keeping witch hunts off the forums.


I'm gonna write a book of responses to Ghostcrawler. Ghostcrawler
3 Weeks Ago 05:20 PM
General Discussion

Ghostcrawler

Lead Game Designer

Follow Ghostcrawler on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
4 of 4 Riot Posts

You said:

Quote:
What I don't understand is why you guys aren't mentioning ANYTHING about the fact that the reason melee need to be overloaded is because you guys have taken out ANY drawbacks of being ranged in this game. They have no turnspeeds, no cast times, and there's no reduced MS on backpeddling in this game. They can freely kite all day without any issues.
I said:

Quote:
To clarify, I was saying ranged don't have those weaknesses right now today. They really don't have any weaknesses inherent to being a mage or ADC. It would be nice if there was some inherent property of ranged champions in the same way bruisers have the generic property of "you can't kill things at range" (with a few exceptions to keep things spicy of course).


I'm gonna write a book of responses to Ghostcrawler. Ghostcrawler
3 Weeks Ago 04:48 PM
General Discussion

Ghostcrawler

Lead Game Designer

Follow Ghostcrawler on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
I honestly think your multiple posts have helped most sane individuals understand exactly the point youre trying to make
Awesome. It was all worth it then. To clarify, I'm not pitching a particular solution but framing the problem so that we can get relevant feedback from you guys (and it doesn't all have to be today in this one thread of course).

Quote:
Ghostcrawler, whats your opinion about meele hypercarrys
The notion of melee hypercarries is cool. We agree that they currently don't give up enough to fill that role (which in turn probably keeps them from being as great as they could be late game). If say Yi needed more babysitting early (because he was building to carry and suffered in early or mid game survivability) then he'd be justified in exploding late like a marks hypercarry. Overall, it's a good idea that is not quite there.

Quote:
I think that, if you DO want all champions to be diverse, then at the end of the day some specific matchups between champions will always boil down to being slap fights.
That may be the case, but we think we can do better (and you deserve better). There are too many melee, most designed around the 2011 and 2012 era, that don't have enough abilities that really make you play them differently or react to them differently as the other team. Many of you have brought up specific cases of champions whose mechanics you do love, and that feedback is useful. Just be sure to distinguish between loving the mechanics or loving the champion despite the mechanics.

Quote:
I don't have the bandwidth to post.
I don't have the bandwidth to address every point that gets made or give my analysis of the health of every champion currently in the game. I've made an extra effort to try to frame the melee conversation because there seemed to be some confusion about what I was saying. I do love talking to players, but I don't always have as much time as they deserve.

Quote:
I think what we're trying to get at is that while it may not be fun to "watch", most melee fights are fun to play.
Fun is super subjective, so it's not always easy to talk about. I can take all the wind out of your sails by saying "Well, I find it fun," and you can do the same. Suffice to say in this case we have heard enough feedback from players saying that melee vs. melee duels could be more exciting to play that we decided to take a look at it. This is something we've been talking about for some time -- I hope it's not new information.

Quote:
First off, you don't want a game where the interaction between melee and ranged isn't REAL. You don't want a game where the only REAL interaction is to burst the marksmen instantly or be killed one at a time. You don't want all your hopes in having a "fair fight" where the marksmen's weakness is an actual weakness revolves around killing him before he can contribute to the fight.
Right. This is a form of counterplay, but not a very deep one. If I reach you, you die. If I fail to reach you, I die. Ideally, there would be more counterplay than that, where I have some solutions if you kite me and you have some solutions if I manage to close with you. I described this relationship as binary in another post, but I don't think I described it well, because it caused some confusion (amplified by a bunch of accidental or willful misquotes). I didn't respond to many of the other points you made, but I thought they were good ones.

Quote:
gc adc bias is disgusting
No bias, bro. We're just discussing how melee should be designed.

Quote:
Has there ever been any consideration that perhaps there is nothing wrong inherently with ranged or melee champs but merely the item choices that make them the way they are
Totally. TBH, we think itemization is a big part of it.

Quote:
A rioter posted a while back that Bruisers are a completely flawed and regrettable design, and I couldnt agree more. I think it was Ghostcrawler tbh, but that isn't what matters.
That doesn't sound like me, and I don't think they are regrettable. I think they suffer from a little bit of an identity crisis. Players (and devs!) should be able to state fairly clearly (with room for exceptions to keep it interesting): What is a bruiser good at or bad at? How does a bruiser differ from a tank? Is a melee carry different from a fighter? We focused a lot on creating interesting champions, but didn't put enough design into what it meant to belong to a particular role.

Quote:
Be it itemization changes/champion changes (it is likely going to be a combination of both) - it is possible to make the MvR interaction viable without making it OP - given that all factors are considered!
Yes. And I appreciate the rest of your analysis. That is the kind of thing we need and plan to undertake, with sufficient feedback from players of course.
Quote:
Are you saying this as something you want to do as a designer or the same way that I say "It would be nice if I had a billion dollars"?
No, we really want to do it. It might be too hard. It might be too disruptive. But we want to try. We don't think League is a fundamentally flawed game -- far from it. But we do think we need to do some amount of "systems housekeeping" to keep the game mechanics from breaking down like an overworked washing machine as we fill it with more and more varied champions and items. I appreciate the rest of your post too.


I'm gonna write a book of responses to Ghostcrawler. Ghostcrawler
3 Weeks Ago 12:27 PM
General Discussion

Ghostcrawler

Lead Game Designer

Follow Ghostcrawler on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
The point here is that the bruiser role, as it currently stands, is too narrowly constructed. There are lots of things that bruisers could do in teamfights, but the only one we care about is them succeeding or failing at diving the ADC. This is largely a question of kits -- relatively few bruisers have a kit that can succeed at doing anything else in teamfights.
Yes.

Quote:
For the lane to be fun, we need bruisers with more gameplay than "Q them on cooldown" (GP) or "I run up and E all over their face" (Garen).
Agreed.

Quote:
ADC balance was absolutely dreadful 4 months ago when Xypherous started looking at the systems problems. BT was the only first item, for everyone, even Ashe who hates BT. That meant that only castery ADCs were viable, which meant that ADCs didn't have very good scaling, which meant that tanks seemed incredibly tanky. Also, it meant that we had a really, really narrow meta in the bot lane.

They may have overshot the mark on ADC strength. It's a possible outcome. My thesis is a bit different. I think the problem right now is that early game sustain is too weak for bruisers after the DBlade and DShield nerfs. That DBlade nerf was gigantic and I don't think Xypherous spent enough time studying what it would do to top lane. Now bruisers are really struggling in lane, and that's coloring our impression of everything that comes after.
Also a good analysis. I wish I had jumped into this discussion a few months ago, because today the discussion is being dominated too much by bruiser - ADC balance, when really what I'm talking about is bruiser - ADC design, if that makes sense.

Quote:
I think what makes melee such an exciting class is how it interacts with the ranged class. Positioning, use of item actives, and management of cooldowns or dodging what a ranged player can throw at you before you attempt to gap close is really fun to watch and it's what makes melees exciting for me to play and play against. As a ranged player you're always managing your spacing against a melee, as a melee you're trying to outsmart the ranged player and catch them.
I think that is true as well. I'm not saying ranged vs. melee is fair or balanced, but I do think it's interesting in that it's inherently asymmetrical.

Quote:
can you give us your reasoning as to why you don't think those should be the burden of ranged?
To clarify, I was saying ranged don't have those weaknesses right now today. They really don't have any weaknesses inherent to being a mage or ADC. It would be nice if there was some inherent property of ranged champions in the same way bruisers have the generic property of "you can't kill things at range" (with a few exceptions to keep things spicy of course).


I'm gonna write a book of responses to Ghostcrawler. Ghostcrawler
3 Weeks Ago 08:14 AM
General Discussion

Ghostcrawler

Lead Game Designer

Follow Ghostcrawler on Twitter

3 Weeks Ago
1 of 4 Riot Posts

You've made a big effort here that other players seem to appreciate, and while I don't have the bandwidth to tackle each point with the attention it deserves, I'll do what I can.

Yes, I did play Dawn of War. Great games.

Several players have made the point that I can't just discuss melee vs. melee duels without the broader context of the lane. I think that is a valid point, but it also feels like giving up to me: I don't think it's acceptable to say slap fights are okay because strategically there are still other things happening on the map.

On the "diving" discussion, I don't think it's a simple matter that whoever can dive is the best melee champ at the moment. I think it's more that base stats are so much of the melee kit that it's easy for there to be a right answer for who to play, e.g. maybe Renekton or Shyvana today. I think we can do better. I get that some of you are totally satisfied with the difference between Darius and Mundo, but we think we can do even more to make melee play differently from one another so that you can choose someone for their strength in a very specific situation or heaven forbid because you like the style of their play.

On the armored death machine discussion, of course it's our fault. But again melee need more depth than just "can they beat an ADC or mage in a duel?"

On the Tristana part, the discussion I am interested in is less about who is on top today (don't get me wrong, it's important, but it's a different topic). The discussion I want to have is what should melee be good at and what should ranged be good at, because that potentially gets us out of the cycle of whether melee or ranged wins today and whether that has flipped from tuning two patches from now. Your part about slows is interesting, and philosophically we are aligned. Part of the Skarner update was trying to avoid the "always slowed" mechanic. More short term, noticeable but tactically useful slows are interesting and we will discuss more.

Midseason ADC work has been discussed before, and again, that's patch to patch change. I'm talking more about seasonal to seasonal change. I'm talking about wide scale changes to mechanics or role design philosophy (as a theoretical example, maybe ranged should almost never have slows and should use escapes to kite since that stops them from doing damage while escaping).

Ranged winning discussion - again that's not where I'm coming from. If you want to get a champion buffed or nerfed, talk to Statikk and his team. As far as I'm concerned, some patches / seasons ranged win and sometimes melee win until we fix underlying systems.

Okay, here's the controversial part: I think Trist - Kog encounters are more interesting than Shyvana - Mundo ones. That isn't a comment on whether any of those champions are balanced or healthy for the game (and Trist and Kog haven't been balanced lately). If you think Shyvana - Mundo is fun, then that's great, but I'd love to understand the argument there beyond just 1) ranged are too powerful, 2) because of minions and turrets, duels have meaning beyond just the slap fight, and 3) GC is challenging melee so he must hate melee. I'm not singling out this thread for that, but I've gotten those responses a lot and they beg the question. I still feel that blank field, no other champs around, that two ranged champs are more interesting, more fun to watch, and have more tactical decisions being made than two melee. I don't mind if you disagree, but you need to get me or another Rioter to understand why if you have any hope of us making changes you'll be happy with.

On Jax, the aspect we like about him (not his tankiness, not his current in game strength) is his cooldowns. Jax has windows in which he is stronger and weaker. He and the other champion (even melee) can pay attention to those cooldowns, decide when to engage or when to play it safe, and that gives and ebb and flow to the battle. So we might say that having short cooldowns is one way to have interesting melee vs melee encounters. But if every champion has the same model then that hurts champ diversity and all melee fights feel the same again. So getting back to my question of "What cool mechanics are there to give melee to make their duels more interesting?" one answer is "Some champs can have short cooldowns to monitor, but you can't give that mechanic to everyone." Make sense?

Shyvana might be toxic as you suggest. But I think Mundo and Kayle felt that way earlier in the season. Fiora and Riven might feel that way if they were a bit stronger. Nasus might still feel that way. This is why we think there is a "melee problem" and not just a few problematic champs.

Finally, I didn't really follow your burden of melee point. You seemed to just be interested in talking about melee bias, which isn't a discussion I'm super interested in. I am interested in game design discussions. I do think the "burden of melee" resonates though. What is the burden of ranged? Worse CC? Not really. Worse survivability? Not really. The ability to only function in a few lanes? Not really. They need something though don't they, or this problem is just going to endure.

What are our plans? What are we going to do? That isn't the point of our posting in forums. If that's the only information you're interested in knowing then I'd advise you to look to patch notes, patch forecasts, dev blogs and the mediums we have for reaching a wide audience with specific or general plans. We wouldn't bury that in a forum post. I use the forums to try and drill down on concerns that players have that I don't quite understand, or occasionally share our philosophical framework so that you can phrase those concerns in a way that has the best chance of our making some change that will make you happy without pissing off everyone else.

Apologies if this is hard to follow. Perhaps I should have gone the quote route. The challenges of iPad posting over breakfast.

Respectfully,
GC


Rate the PC specs of the poster above you! Eliv
4 Weeks Ago 02:29 PM
General Discussion

Eliv

Player Support Tech Specialist

4 Weeks Ago
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia at LAN View Post
You really need Vishera D:

7.5/10
Eh, when I need to upgrade, I might swap over to to Intel. Hopefully that won't be for a while! I've got another 3 years out of my PC easy.


Rate the PC specs of the poster above you! Eliv
4 Weeks Ago 02:26 PM
General Discussion

Eliv

Player Support Tech Specialist

4 Weeks Ago
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherGirl1 View Post
32GB just seems inefficient and totally redundant. You won't even get close to using all of your ram.


Laptop

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs Virtual), ~2.4GHz (Quadcore Physical) (3.4ghz turboboost)
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Geforce GT 650M
VRAM: 4GB
Pretty strong. Not a huge fan of the mobile processors, but that one is pretty OP. Put together with the GT 650M and all of that dedicated VRAM, it's probably a pretty strong Laptop.

This one is my Home PC:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64
CPU: AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1~ GHz (Don't care what anyone says. I love my Bulldozer)
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 660 Ti
VRAM: 2GB DDR5

Tell me what you think.


New Cinematic Audio Request Riot Eno
4 Weeks Ago 08:15 AM
Audio Feedback

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

4 Weeks Ago
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalibra View Post
Hey is there any chance of getting an mp3 version of the music that was played in the cinematic? Especially Nautilus's theme. The audio blew me away. The sound effects and music were so good. You guys can do movies. Like legit friggin movies.

Please Riot Eno could u make Nautilus's music available. It was done so me and my brothers and I'm pretty sure many others, would love to download it and jam to it

Please please please with a poro on top
Lookin' into it...


Summoner icons on the forums! Razgriez
07-17-2014 10:24 AM
General Discussion

Razgriez

Platform Engineer

07-17-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Woo


A new way to learn the League Riot Baconhawk
07-14-2014 08:22 PM
General Discussion

Riot Baconhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

07-14-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Sorry friend, been busy!

As a former technical trainer, I like your voiceover. Keep up the clear speech!

Also, people learn differently so it's important to address every facet of learning you can. Ensure you describe your concepts so someone can simply listen and understand without seeing the video (maybe they're blind... maybe they're taking notes... maybe they're an auditory learner). At the end of the video, you can address those kinetic learners' needs by exhorting them to go try it and report back in the comments. That way you cover the three major learning paths: auditory, visual, and kinetic.

Also, I love your logo. Super "eye-catching" ifyaknowwhatimean


@riotbaconhawk FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PLEASE Riot Baconhawk
07-13-2014 03:33 AM
General Discussion

Riot Baconhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

07-13-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vempyre View Post
IF IT HELPS!

I really like Phoenix Quinn XD I bought the bundle 5 minutes after she came out and I really enjoy playing her in a solo lane, especially mid.

But I'd so ditch it if they were to release a Vampire Quinn skin <___< or a Nightraven Quinn skin. Maybe I would revisit it a few times since I like red heads but yeah!

Thanks in advance if you do check up on it ;o
I only accept bribes in the form of perfectly crisp, sizzling bacon.

*wink*

I'll do what I can

cawws hopefully


@riotbaconhawk FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PLEASE Riot Baconhawk
07-13-2014 02:54 AM
General Discussion

Riot Baconhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

07-13-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

I can totally find out for you if you're cereal tho.


@riotbaconhawk FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PLEASE Riot Baconhawk
07-13-2014 02:53 AM
General Discussion

Riot Baconhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

07-13-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Oh, approximately~

*suddenly a hood is thrown over her head*

cawws and sizzles frantically, thrashing about


...I guess we'll never know :\